NFL Combine

SilentThreat

Ring of Fame
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
So this isn't the best way to start a thread but this is kind of important

Players are legit considering boycotting the Combine. Now I understand it's the underwear Olympics, but a lot of measurables are learned at the Combine. If 150 players 'choose' to not participate.. PRO-Days are gonna be bonkers.

Seems unlikely a significant # of players whose combine performances are prettty important in terms of where they get drafted, are going to skip it because their agent wants them to. If I'm the NFL, I say 'okay - do what you need to do, plenty of other players we can invite instead'. And that would be the end of the conversation.

Seems unlikely a significant # of players whose combine performances are prettty important in terms of where they get drafted, are going to skip it because their agent wants them to. If I'm the NFL, I say 'okay - do what you need to do, plenty of other players we can invite instead'. And that would be the end of the conversation.

well the NFL is staring ANOTHER major instance of hypocracy in the face with this.

There was no 'bubble' for the post season, Pat Mahomes' wife and brother were tick tocking all over the field, and there were 0 reported cases of Covid. A lot of these players who played in the post season are probably represented by the same agents that are recommending they boycott.

I'm not saying I agree with the players. In fact I think this is a major problem with entitlement. Being invited to the Combine is like being invited to a job interview, and I can't believe these kids (yeah i said it) are choosing to forgoe that because they're mad their parents / throwing coach / massage therapist / whoever it may be might not be able to tag along.

The NFL hypocrisy is strong in this instance. Can’t blame the kids at all if they choose not to attend, & I agree with them here. Now on the flip side, if it costs them draft position they can’t really fuss either.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.