• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

New Site Worklist: Needs, Questions, Ideas

Yeah - on the 'View More' button and ability to see more pages of results, that's not a 'must have' as it might involve creating something unique beyond the existing widget.

That's not a widget, and it's not something that can be put on Xenforo's home page (the threads list with what's new). What they did there was replace the text on their "What's New" tab so it looks like a home page. The what's new page has the see more button.

Driven2 is it hard to change the font awesome icon in the 'Latest Discussions' header? If not, could we use something other than the football? We will have plenty of non-football related posts showing up there. Maybe the 'users' icon (or if you know another one that represents conversing or discussing? If it is a big deal, not a problem leaving it as is....

What I did was change the block header to have the football. I can change it to something else, but it will change it in every forum heading as well. The font awesome icon list is here if you have something special in mind. Click on which one you want, and it will show the code for it. For instance, ababacus

Code is f640

There are a TON of icons there, thousands!

Driven2 I see what you've made all the headers in that same style. Tweaking my last question - is it possible to have a different font awesome icon in each header if you wanted? I'm not expecting you to do that - but if that is an option, where would that change be made (is it in 'style preferences' or a template)?

In addition to this question - the burgundy you are using on the header looks like a slightly different shade than what is in the original header (see the Media page where the new header color and the old one are on the same page). I much prefer the original one. If that's one hex code change, great, if not I may be able to adjust them myself if I know where to find them.

Driven2 I see what you've made all the headers in that same style. Tweaking my last question - is it possible to have a different font awesome icon in each header if you wanted? I'm not expecting you to do that - but if that is an option, where would that change be made (is it in 'style preferences' or a template)?

Unfortunately every forum header section shares the same block css/html in Xenforo's template system.

What I did was change the block header to have the football. I can change it to something else, but it will change it in every forum heading as well. The font awesome icon list is here if you have something special in mind. Click on which one you want, and it will show the code for it. For instance, ababacus

Code is f640

There are a TON of icons there, thousands!

Yeah - I figured out the font awesome stuff (replaced the individual forum icons the other day. What I'm not clear on is on the Forum Category headers where they all have footballs, and elsewhere, like in the other nav tabs, can they have individual icons or is it one size fits all only?

Yeah - I figured out the font awesome stuff (replaced the individual forum icons the other day. What I'm not clear on is on the Forum Category headers where they all have footballs, and elsewhere, like in the other nav tabs, can they have individual icons or is it one size fits all only?

No, all the blocks share the same HTML. So they have the same class ids, and adding icons is done by class id. Any place which uses xenforo's block code ends up with the same icon.

Okay - I'll ponder that ... On the color, I meant for you to look at the 'Members' section. The color of the 'Find Member' block is what I'd prefer for all the headers....

In addition to this question - the burgundy you are using on the header looks like a slightly different shade than what is in the original header (see the Media page where the new header color and the old one are on the same page). I much prefer the original one. If that's one hex code change, great, if not I may be able to adjust them myself if I know where to find them.

Can you post a picture of what you're referring to? Because everywhere I look I'm using the same #400000 color code for those.

sample2.png

It could be my eyes playing tricks on me, but the top color (new headers) looks like a different shade than the bottom (original header) color. Could be the gold is making the top one appear a different shade. Can you just check and make sure they aren't different?

When I pull those up in Chrome's element inspector it's showing color code #400000.

No, all the blocks share the same HTML. So they have the same class ids, and adding icons is done by class id. Any place which uses xenforo's block code ends up with the same icon.

For my future reference, where *exactly* would the change to that specific font awesome icon name be made? I looked in the style preference 'blocks' section but it's not there. Where is the 'class id' adjusted? Thanks for your hard work on this - it must take a lot of patience :)

Roger that- thanks for checking. Must be the contrast with white vs. gold.

Driven2 I have cleaned up the first post to show only remaining items and also left some comments about the new headers.

Last edited:
For my future reference, where *exactly* would the change to that specific font awesome icon name be made? I looked in the style preference 'blocks' section but it's not there. Where is the 'class id' adjusted? Thanks for your hard work on this - it must take a lot of patience :)

It was a bit more complex CSS code than I could easily do in the regular style settings. XF uses a template called "extra.less" for placing custom CSS code like that. You'll find the two different CSS code sections I created at the bottom of extra.less for regular global blocks, and for XenPorta article blocks.

It was a bit more complex CSS code than I could easily do in the regular style settings. XF uses a template called "extra.less" for placing custom CSS code like that. You'll find the two different CSS code sections I created at the bottom of extra.less for regular global blocks, and for XenPorta article blocks.

Thanks - good to know for down the road!

Driven2 I spent some time talking to the guys and adjusting the new header CSS and we have them where we want them (including a 'BGO Dark Version'. I think we are 100% good on the 'Home' page with one last request for it. The 'Feature' image at the top is too large for our liking. We'd like it about 75% the size of the current image field in both the 'BGO Classic' and 'BGO Dark' styles. Can you adjust those settings and then the Home page will be complete and you can move on to the remaining items.

Just fyi Driven2 - you may see some other users navigating the site as I gave our mods the okay to start checking out the new site.

***bumpity bump***

Driven2 Hey Ken, I did some playing with different backgrounds/color schemes for the Block Header over the weekend (to my great peril... lol ... a little knowledge is a dangerous thing :)). I have the BGO Dark version perfect. But we would like to try the below option. I know how to get the appropriate colors set, but I cannot for the life of me get the text color set to white. I believe that should be adjustable in the Style Properties under 'Blocks' and 'Block Header' but that isn't working. Would you mind setting this look up for us on the Classic Style with the white text?

Option5.png

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.