• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

New Ownership - what are the top priorities?

New ownership top priority is...?

• Rename the team

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Hire an accomplished/promising GM

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • Clean house of coaches/executives

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Secure new stadium deal

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Publishing/addressing findings of Mary Jo White report

• Find a franchise QB

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Rebrand with new logos/uniforms

• Lower ticket and game day prices

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Major fan outreach/engagement

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Update/upgrade practice and training facilities

• Something else (please comment)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Rivers has had multiple winning seasons and playoff runs, and Harris’ team let him go… Riveras days are likely numbered…

Why would we hire a basketball coach?

Magic can't really think that's a good idea, either.

He means that if Harris would fire someone like Doc Rivers he wouldn’t blink an eye at firing Rivera who has been beyond mediocre.

Not sure the best place to post this, but this article outlines a prospectus Harris used to get minority owners. In it, they outline some of the steps they will start to take immediately (eg stadium repair, fan engagement), ideas on a new stadium, and what they expect revenue to do once Snyder is gone.

Nothing earth shattering but worth a read. Doesn’t sound like a new stadium will be an immediate priority, or at least wasnt at the time that ‘prospectus’ was written.

Nothing earth shattering but worth a read. Doesn’t sound like a new stadium will be an immediate priority, or at least wasnt at the time that ‘prospectus’ was written.
I think getting started on the process of building a new stadium will be a priority but yeah, I don't expect to see an actual stadium for some time. Honestly, I kind of agree with the article that a new stadium is likely a decade away.

What I do think we could see as early as this year is an increase in seating at FedEx. I doubt they move to restore the original capacity of 84k+ but I can see them adding back 8 to 10 thousand seats for this season. And I think they just might be able to fill those seats with Washington fans.

I think getting started on the process of building a new stadium will be a priority but yeah, I don't expect to see an actual stadium for some time. Honestly, I kind of agree with the article that a new stadium is likely a decade away.

What I do think we could see as early as this year is an increase in seating at FedEx. I doubt they move to restore the original capacity of 84k+ but I can see them adding back 8 to 10 thousand seats for this season. And I think they just might be able to fill those seats with Washington fans.
One of the many failures of Snyder was not addressing the problems at Fed Ex Field. He let it waste away and about the only improvement was removing seats. It even took forever to get a video board put in. They had the Lite Brite board (as Czabe used to stay) for way too long. I know there is only so much they can do with the existing stadium, but turning it from a dump back into a mediocre stadium would be a massive improvement.

The prospectus indicates about $100M will be spent to upgrade Fedex Field for the next several years.

I think it's everyone's assumption, including mine, that the Commanders will be moving full-time to VA as that state presents the best land options and corporate tax situation.

The RFK site, as have many sites around the US such as downtown NY or Boston, have become so embroiled in politics and taxes and calls for oversight of contractors and participation of designated businesses that owners are not building downtown any longer. For the NFL that's been the reality for the past generation.

Maryland is not a state that is going to provide the Commanders with any incentives to build there, especially under the new administration.

I moved out of Montgomery County last year and just avoided a major rise property tax assessments and increase in taxes.

Maryland like the New England states (outside of New Hampshire) has never met a tax it didn't like. Doesn't make for a conducive environment for a deal of this magnitude and duration.

FB_IMG_1685021831621.jpg

Looks like name change might be the top priority. We should either go back to WTF or fully back to Redskins.

I'd support Seminels or Braves

As much as I'd want to wake up in an alternate reality, Redskins is never coming back. I was in favor of just keeping it football team, I cannot fathom Atlanta and MLB allowing Braves when Wolves was scrapped due to the NBA team in Minny. It's all a damned if you do damned if you don't proposition in a different name. Why I prefer the mundane football team moniker.

If every time someone says they hope the Redskins name comes back they get "it ain't happening" it's going to start causing arguments.

The original name of the team was Boston braves hence why I said I'd be ok with it.

I meant to say Sentinels for Shane Falco

I don’t know why it would start arguments because it has nothing to do with what fans want. The reality is, there is no way that the NFL having (along with sponsors) forced Washington to move on from Redskins allows them to return to it. It’s not on the table realistically. Do you take issue with that statement?

Has nothing to do with what fans want?

The majority of fans want to go back to Redskins. A lot of us are very vocal about it, too.

Trying to tell people that "there is no reality of it" over something they want is just going to cause an argument. People have the right to want what they want if it's not hurting people or breaking the law and not have to be "reminded" that it's not happening.

The NFL and the franchise don’t care what we want.

Well...I guess I should just do whatever they want. No more wants and opinions unless they clear it!

I’m just saying maybe direct the anger and frustration at the folks who changed the name. We agree it sucks.

I wasn't angry at all. It was an observation of people constantly telling those they want the Redskins name back that it's not happening.

Shit, I’m surprised that Patriots is acceptable and hasn’t been canceled yet.

George Washington University just changed from "Colonials". Maybe in a decade(or longer) when this nonsense of listening to people's opinions who actually don't care but scream like children wanting another ice cream has passed there might be a shot. My license plate now states "Washington Politically Correct Name" as my polite middle finger. I think everyone whose supported this team wants to snap their fingers and have this madness stop and Redskins being restored to where it rightfully belongs but the NFL doesn't care, the sponsors don't care because as fans we're just the cattle they milk to feed their greed. Hence the new flex Thursday night scheduling. Until major sports leagues start getting hit where it hurts, nothing will change. It took decades of falling attendance before MLB finally put in the pitch clock (baseball is fun again) along with more national scheduling which now has small market teams competing instead of being buried behind the franchises who spend without repercussion (I'm aware I'm comparing two different sport experiences). Follow the money, the Chiefs and Braves all told the mob to go F themselves but have winning teams and rabid fanbases. We were unfortunately put in a low hanging fruit proposition of being a 30 year losing franchise, fan base of malaise and a douche nozzle puss filled dick hole owner and the NFL and minion sponsors saw we weren't a money draw and struck for blood.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.