• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Nationals

The mistake was having a PH for Clippard. They had two run lead and he likely closes it out. I was livid at that move.

Clippard struggled in the closer role. Bringing Storen in was the right move. But honestly, it never should have gotten to 7-5. We left the door open after the 3rd inning, and the Cards kicked it in.

Yeah Clippard fell off starting around mid-August in terms of being a clutch closer. Not sure why. Since then Storen was the go to guy, so I have a hard time blaming Davey for sticking with Storen. I certainly understand the talking heads questioning not pulling him when he started giving up the lead, walking people, and loading the bases though.

The over aggressiveness of the hitters in the bottom of the 9th, which has been a running theme through the series, is also bothering. Especially Harper chasing pitches that weren't even close.

The good news is it's a young team, with a great farm system, that now has a playoff series under its belt. The bad news is it's a long time till next October, and nothing is a guarantee. They had a great year and gave the area something real to cheer for.

tshile said it all in his first post from this 2012 thread...

'I can't believe there's not an active thread about this team'.

As I mentioned on Twitter, prior to the Wildcard game, the last time I watched a Washington pro baseball game was as an 8 or 9 year old sitting at a Senators home game.

What this 2019 Nationals team is doing is magical. They gain more confidence with every game. To go out and dominate the Cardinals twice in their own house, then bring it home and crush them in front of the home crowd - just incredible. I don't know if they can win it all, but I'm really enjoying watching a team that brings it every game and never gives up.

'Often bumpy roads...lead to beautiful places...and THIS is a BEAUTIFUL PLACE!' - Dave Martinez

So glad I began watching the Nationals beginning with the Wildcard game. What an incredible run - and it isn't over yet.

Congrats to the 2019 Washington Nationals, NLCS Champions!

Yeah, has such a similar feel to the Capitals 2 years ago...you just saw the level of confidence grow win after win, especially coming back in the opening round on the brink of elimination like both teams did, even though the Nats only had a 1 game wild card round.

If you aren't engaged and immersed in what the Nationals are doing - you're a lame DC sports fan. Just sayin' ...

What an amazing accomplishment, CONGRATULATIONS to the Washington Nationals! 2019 World Series Champions!!!

Not a huge baseball fan but it was a fun ride. :)

Congratulations to the Nats. I'm a diehard Dodger fan, but watching this squad refuse to die has lessened the sting of the whipping they put on us. Amazing team, incredible season, culminating in a well-earned title that will stand for all time. In a related aside, hey, the Skins will probably never sniff another ring, but of late the Beltway Boys have the Caps and Nats to beat their chests over. Could be worse...

... the Nationals are "despised" throughout the league for sitting him also. Every other MLB GM is laughing at them ...

cropped_GettyImages-1179085252.jpg

this is a really big deal for a team that's starting pitching is getting older. Picking near the top this year sets us up a lot better than routinely picking in the 20s like we have for years.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.