• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

MLB 2013 (Primarily non-Nats/O's

it means you cant call someone names if you cant beat em. sorry to burst that distorted bubble of yours..

Gotcha. So Nats fans, despite being a playoff team can't say anything to me? Cool!

MikeSr619 said:
and WOW! .500 against the Giants! boy, the Padres would know NOTHING about playing them! whats that like?

Who said they didn't?

*waits patiently for Mike to accuse Jaimie of doing precisely this in another thread*

:)

Hamilton shocked me. Maybe I'm exaggerating (that's never happened before...lol) but I guess there is NO loyalty left in baseball anymore. I would think that a team that went through what the Rangers did to help Josh "get right" would have gotten a home-team discount, or at least a better shot at keeping him.

But good for the Angels, I guess. Ridiculous lineup, considering Trout will actually, y'know, get better.

But Torrii on the other hand was a great dude for the Angels as well as solid in the outfield. Detroit's gain though for sure.

I haven't seen Torii play much lately, but I always liked him. Gotta respect the fact that last season, statistically at least, was one of the best of his career, and in his late 30's. I know baseball players' ages don't matter as much as a lot of other sports, but still.

Not trying to be a smartass here...

Have the Pads made any decent moves? I saw y'all got Freddy Garcia, which could be ok. Anyone else? Or any good rumors?

Yeah, I feel your pain there. The Bucs did that for decades...literally decades. (I still hate you for Brian Giles, BTW.) That's why the Cutch re-signing was so important to me. If they'd have chosen to let him walk, it would have been VERY difficult for me to continue being the kind of live-and-die fan I tend to be.

Going out and getting pieces here and there shows even more of a commitment from the team. Burnett last year. Martin and Liriano this year. That shows me something. I hope, for your sake, management out there sees the still-small resurgence going on here, and adjusts course. There's no reason to believe it can't happen there as well.

And wow...how much does that suck about Carpenter? I mean damn. You want your division rivals to struggle, but not with injuries. And certainly not to legit superstars.

Good God. I didn't know they still played baseball. Professionally? Are you sure?

I was surprised to hear the ARod news today, and that Van Pelt said it pushed aside the Super Bowl news.

Uh, no Scott. Love ya, but... no.

Isn't that the same list of people that still pay attention to baseball?

I'm taking a half day at work Monday to go home and watch my Bucs open up with the Cubbies. Woohoo! Welcome back, baseball!!

Well, I think it's clear now. The 'Stros are winning the AL West. :p

Last edited:
3 games, 3 dingers for Chris Davis. I could get used to this pace. :D

Nats have got to be kicking themselves, seeing what Morse is doing in Seattle. Whoops!

Eh, I think they knew what they were letting go. They had a tough decision and I don't think anyone in the organization, and certainly no one in the fan base, enjoyed watching him go.

Personally, I'm happy he's doing well. I was very disappointed when they decided to let him go. They just have too much talent on their roster and someone had to go that was good.

They basically had to choose between him and LaRoche, and they chose LaRoche. Adam was many people's MVP last season, so I guess they had to bring him back. Morse is younger though, so I don't know. I don't follow baseball enough to know if they made the right decision, but Morse was a monster.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.