• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

MAJOR SITE ANNOUNCEMENT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not the season for bitterness brothers. Anything is possible and we are still a month+ away from finality.

@Sarge just got word that once the site closes (and until we find a permanent online home) that we will temporarily meet at @Win4us 's Alaskan cabin every Sunday. If the rest of us bring the beer, then Win4us provides the freshly killt caribou

@Sarge just got word that once the site closes (and until we find a permanent online home) that we will temporarily meet at @Win4us 's Alaskan cabin every Sunday. If the rest of us bring the beer, then Win4us provides the freshly killt caribou

Ha! He's been pulling our leg all these years. He's a 75 year old retiree living in Sedona, AZ. He hunts lizards, not Caribou. And the biggest fish he ever caught was a 10 oz sunny.

2560px-Bluegill_(fish).jpg

Ha! He's been pulling our leg all these years. He's a 75 year old retiree living in Sedona, AZ. He hunts lizards, not Caribou. And the biggest fish he ever caught was a 10 oz sunny.

I imagine that several of us may reveal some of our long-hidden secrets to everyone, on that final day

Last edited:

639D34CD-210B-424D-A188-62DA20F8A8A8.jpg

Then we can go out in a blaze of glory, again!

I slipped in the backdoor at ES again last night just to troll around with a post and cause an uproar. It was going great until Jumbo ruined the fun and laughed at everyone for taking the bait before banning me for life. Again lol.

Gentlemen, I wish this weren't so, but such is life. As I sit here typing this my most prevalent and powerful thought is a mild regret that I didn't take advantage of the companionship more while it was available, but I suppose I took this site a little for granted. Nevertheless, to you creators/owners and anyone who helped run this place in any way, I wish I could do more than say thank you in a thread post. Perhaps some day I will, but for now it seems thoroughly inadequate given the dedication and commitment that it must have taken to keep this site going as long as you all did. I hope every one of you walks away feeling a strong sense of pride, whether you are struggling with the fallout from this difficult decision or not. I could not begin to comprehend all the logistical ins and outs that go into something like this, but I do have some idea of the commitment and then dedication that a decade long run must have required - and I tell you without a doubt that I have never had such discipline. I'm trying not to stray into hyperbole here gents, because as the song says, you don't know what you got til it's gone, and I find myself struggling to frame my thoughts without platitude or preamble (I am not afraid to tell you it is unfamiliar territory lol). I will leave off with this observation: anyone can create a site or domain, what have you, with relative ease. Untold numbers of said impulses have long been dead and forgotten. It is another thing entirely to create it and then breathe life into it, to forge bonds of friendship and community with it. To gjve it a legacy.

I have read about the Facebook group. It would not surprise me if a couple other ways of doing our thing pop up in the near future. Many of us here will use other means to come together the way we did here, and will remember BGO fondly. I know I will, whether I can be a bigger part of whatever comes along moving forward or not. One last time, thanks again guys. Really. I salute you. To you, Boone, and you also, Om, I truly hope that there will come a day when I can look each of you in the eye, shake your hand, and wrap you up in a bear hug before I buy you a drink, and perhaps a few more after that. You deserve at least that much.

I slipped in the backdoor at ES again last night just to troll around with a post and cause an uproar. It was going great until Jumbo ruined the fun and laughed at everyone for taking the bait before banning me for life. Again lol.

Troll!

I have read about the Facebook group.
If you're so inclined, you are welcome. We'd love to have all who wish to join.

He survived an abortion.
But twice, he could not survive the wrath of Jumbo.

Last edited:
Troll!

If you're so inclined, you are welcome. We'd love to have all who wish to join.

Thank you kindly brother. I am so inclined, but I might need some help finding the right "you" in there. I gather that better minds than my own have had difficulty. I will go back and re-read the thread posts and then look for you; if I have issues I'll PM.

Since we're now entering this site's swan song, let me be blunt: The other so called Redskins forums flat out suck.
They either edit posts that contain negative criticisms of the team or are run by asshats who think they own the internet.

Speaking of other sites, is anyone planning on roaming far and wide in the vast dark Interwebz to find one that is, at the very least, the anti ES? I might try here and there but I am not good at finding stuff through searches. My choice of criteria is so questionable my iphone assistant thingie changed her name from Siri to Sorry.

We all fled the absurd circus that is ES, but a few years ago theHogs.net wasn't a bad place to hang out. Haven't been there in a long time however.

Speaking of other sites, is anyone planning on roaming far and wide in the vast dark Interwebz to find one that is, at the very least, the anti ES? I might try here and there but I am not good at finding stuff through searches. My choice of criteria is so questionable my iphone assistant thingie changed her name from Siri to Sorry.

We all fled the absurd circus that is ES, but a few years ago theHogs.net wasn't a bad place to hang out. Haven't been there in a long time however.

Is the Sporting News still around? That's where everyone started out 20 years ago

I still remember my excitement when getting the email about this place starting up. Needed refuge for us faithful. You guys have done a great job and I understand it's coming end. It's was always gonna be a tough row to hoe with the mediocrity of the team. Had we been blessed with a competent owner and a competitive team, this place would have flourished. Sad to see it go. Hope to see you all on El's Facebook Group.

Thank you kindly brother. I am so inclined, but I might need some help finding the right "you" in there. I gather that better minds than my own have had difficulty. I will go back and re-read the thread posts and then look for you; if I have issues I'll PM.

Brian Schurman is my name, right now this is my profile pic, I will keep it up until you've had a chance to send me a PM on FB.

75412297_10221502178329752_6749358603913658368_o.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.