• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Lockerroom Blowup?

Miss has always been a class act and consummate professional - and one of the few guys who is exactly the same guy whether talking to press or talking to teammates in the lockerroom. I don't think (in his mind) he intended to criticize Griffin in those comments, especially because he followed those comments by immediately talking about how every little thing said by players gets blown out of proportion or misconstrued. I have a feeling that's exactly what is happening with his comments to. I'm willing to bet you that he comes out and 'clarifies' his comments this week to make it clear he wasn't criticizing RG3.

Miss has always been a class act and consummate professional - and one of the few guys who is exactly the same guy whether talking to press or talking to teammates in the lockerroom. I don't think (in his mind) he intended to criticize Griffin in those comments, especially because he followed those comments by immediately talking about how every little thing said by players gets blown out of proportion or misconstrued. I have a feeling that's exactly what is happening with his comments to. I'm willing to bet you that he comes out and 'clarifies' his comments this week to make it clear he wasn't criticizing RG3.

Oh I don't think there is any doubt it was a message for Griffin, whether or not he "clarifies" anything.

What have you ever seen from Moss that would suggest he is capable of something like this? His production and performance has dipped in the past, and he's always owned up to it. I remember specifically after the Green Bay game a few years ago, when he dropped a couple passes, and tipped one interception, where he came out and owned up to it. He's done this in the past as well, always "we gotta do better, I gotta do better." What have you seen from him that would suggest he's all of a sudden a primadonna trying to get attention?
I'm a huge Moss fan. And you're right, his history doesn't suggest he'd do such a thing. His history never showed him publicly criticizing teammates either.

At the end of the day, I agree with Boone. That this is a media driven molehill.

As Redskins fans, we should be used to it by now. But, we continue to fall for the same old crap. While professing some unequaled intelligence among football fans. We've been so used to drama, that we're addicted to it.

We are a reflection of our team right now. Under-performing.

I'm a huge Moss fan. And you're right, his history doesn't suggest he'd do such a thing. His history never showed him publicly criticizing teammates either.

At the end of the day, I agree with Boone. That this is a media driven molehill.

As Redskins fans, we should be used to it by now. But, we continue to fall for the same old crap. While professing some unequaled intelligence among football fans. We've been so used to drama, that we're addicted to it.

We are a reflection of our team right now. Under-performing.

Except that we're talking about direct quotes, not some manufactured nonsense like the offseason stuff was. Moss directly called out Griffin, there's no mincing words this time. At least, IMO, of course.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

What's manufactured is "The Sky Is Falling" implications of what was said. Or how it was said. Or why it was said.

Everyone has to put their own Freud spin to it.

So, instead of, "Moss said this."

We get, "Ugh! MOSS SAID THIS!!!!"

Run for your lives!!!

I don't see that happening at all. To each his own, I guess.

to be clear I'm running for my life.

or at least facing that direction, waiting to take off.

And Moss himself noted RIGHT AFTER HIS COMMENTS that one of the issues was that every comment made by players was blown way out of proportion and given a meaning or put in a context not intended.

That doesn't negate what he said, but I think it illustrates exactly what is happening.

I have not been this bummed about our team in years, even in the worst seasons, they seemed to rise above and band together mire than they are now. No matter where its from, who is saying it, and what is meant, this season sucks and its given me a bitter taste for my beloved team that I rarely have.

Bottom line: We are not a good football team, even worse, we get way too much attention and we're not a good football team.............the media will do everything they can to make matters worse in their self righteous name change charge to bring misery to DC

I don't see an article like that on their website. Micks - not to beat on you, but if you're going to post a thread about it, at least find the article in question :)

Boone:I just don't see how this kind of communication ever helps bring a team together and contributes to success. In my opinion problems like this need to be discussed in the lockerroom - that's what real men do

Thanks Boone, I looked and couldn't find it also. I will find Monday's paper and scan the article then paste it here. To summarize my recollection of the article, as you know there is media asking questions in the locker room as required and it was Garcon who was screaming at people to shut up talking to folks, and Garcon refused to talk to them but later was made to. Only he said much of nothing. Also, Morgan was being asked questions and he said coach said I couldn't play in the nfl and he was also told to shut up. I quoted you from another post about communicating in the locker room, so this is what you get. You can't be private in the locker room due to the press. Especially when it is in chaos. Further article said Hall was crying on the sidelines and said he and others can't figure out why they are losing as they have "great practices".

I was curious to know why any DMN journalist would be in there to get this information and no one here has brought it up and nothing came out in DC papers. But I do get that DMN journalist will "stir the pot" like all the media is currently doing.

But good lord folks, get a grip, yall only look foolish squabbling amongst yourselves. This is just a bad football team, no question. I finally concluded that we are just as bad last year, only saved by the play of the QB and RB. But still we are horrible team, coaching deficiencies notwithstanding. Makes no sense that the coaches can get quality play down the stretch last year, and with the same guys can't do squat this year.

Last edited:
Ah, now I know what you're talking about :)

The first thing with Garcon, there are two ends of it.

Garcon yelling at players was him yelling at Trent Williams as Williams was telling reporters about being cussed out by refs. Garcon was yelling at him telling him to shut up because he would get in trouble for discussing the refs with the media.

Trent Williams Claims Ref Cussed At Him During Game « WPGC ? 95.5

As Williams continued to answer questions about the alleged exchange, wide receiver Pierre Garcon began yelling for his teammate to stop talking about the refs because his comments were likely to draw a fine from the NFL.

The second part was Garcon telling the trainer to list him as injured so he could avoid the media. He was very frustrated with the refs as well and just didn't want to talk about it. He was especially mad at the end of the game when he was pretty much manhandled on every play and never got a flag.

Morgan's comments were in regards to being deactivated and speak to how demoralized/unhappy he is. He literally said:
"Coach said I can't talk. Coach said I can't play football, coach said I can't talk."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...told-not-to-speak-following-sundays-benching/

The best way to go about it? No. But I'm not sure what else can be expected to be said by a guy that's deactivated after being the #2 receiver and trying to help out in put returns (and failing miserably) on a team that's now 3-7.

Moss was upset that Griffin said "no one was open" so I had to try to throw out the end zone implying receivers bear the fault. Moss said Griff should own up to his own faults. I agree, does no good for Griffin to try to explain anything, it will all be twisted. Basically what Griffin said today. Everyone on the team needs to own up, raise their hands, and say "its on me, I need to do a better job." There's nothing pansy about saying it, but not saying it is shirking responsibility and not being a man about your job.

That's it Tshile, that's the gist of it. But I know screaming at other players to shut up will escalate the emotions and cause a melt down. From the ref cussing Williams, to the McCoy taking the Redskins flag and trashing it before the game, to egging the Redskins bus, to the Eagles delivering a can of whoopass and to all the things we hate about Philly, it was a monumental beatdown. and payback will be hell.

Meh, I don't mind Tana putting a little bit out there unless behind closed doors Griff ain't listening. Hell i dislike the fact he did it on Lavern's show more than the comments itself. I know, I'm weird but eff Lavar and Dukes.

Same old story in Washington.

Far more focus on illusions, exaggerations, and fabrications of drama that are off the field, than the ever-crucial issues of on-field play.

Last edited:
The Redskins were behind 26-7 and 17-0 to the Eagles at halftime of the two games this season. Robert Griffin III is not the only problem this team has.

When the post-mortem is written on the 2013 Redskins, seems to me the play of the quarterback should be nowhere near the top of the list.

1. Defense. All of it--DL, LB, S, coaching--is simply not up to NFL standards.

2. Special Teams. As ineffective an NFL unit as I can recall.

3. Offensive LINE. Run blocking is solid. Pass blocking is not up to NFL standards.

4. Coaching. Hazlett continue to prove he is not a viable NFL defensive coordinator. History does not lie, nor does his record. Mike Shanahan has failed to raise the overall professionalism to a level that a coach of his experience and stature should have this group four years in. His team still commits too many crippling, brain-dead penalties, mental mistakes, etc. Kyle Shanahan is still raw and inconsistent, but of the three is the least of my worries. Give him a competent pass blocking line for a season or two, and a QB with a chance to grow into an NFL passing scheme, and then we'll judge.

5. Cap hit. This aspect will fade into the fog of war over time, and people will not give it due consideration when judging the 2013 team. But it is a HUGE factor. Wins and losses in the NFL are dictated by a handful of plays a game. By a couple of matchups. Two straight years of inability to meaningfully upgrade at their weakest positions cost the Redskins dearly. And that won't magically cure itself next year, either. The two lost years could take several offseasons to "correct." Many will diminish the impact, now and then. I will not.

6. Robert Griffin III. The injury, physically and terms of the offseason it effectively cost him, was incalculably damaging to his performance in 2013. Add to that the rest of the NFL spending an offseason scheming to force him to try to excel at the things he is not yet adept at, including, most damagingly, learning how to operate smoothly within an NFL level passing offense. Baylor did not prepare him for that. Last season did not prepare him for that--the team ran pistol and read option to allow him to compete while learning. That learning curve was halted, completely, due to the injury. This year he's trying to learn on the fly, while trying to get himself physically right and get his legs back, and also trying to drive the length of the field, over and over, with the pressure of having to score on just about every possession due to awful special teams a defense that simply cannot get off the field.

The QB is not without fault. He needs to see the field better and throw on rhythm. He needs to make sound decisions under fire about protecting himself and the football. We won't know what the future holds for him in those areas for at least another season or two.

Meantime, even with all of the above conspiring against him, he has managed to QB a competetive offense that, with even competent defense and special teams, would almost certainly have the 2013 Redskins in the thick of the playoff hunt, with as good a chance to 'catch fire' at the right time and make a January run as anyone.

That's it Tshile, that's the gist of it. But I know screaming at other players to shut up will escalate the emotions and cause a melt down. From the ref cussing Williams, to the McCoy taking the Redskins flag and trashing it before the game, to egging the Redskins bus, to the Eagles delivering a can of whoopass and to all the things we hate about Philly, it was a monumental beatdown. and payback will be hell.

I found the article, but come find out is was a Washington Post article written by Kent Babb. Still can't find that on the post site, nor can I copy the scan and post it here. If someone wants to read it they can pm me and I'll send them a copy in email. But certainly you all can find it or have read it. Nevertheless, it just speaks of cracks in the team foundation and monday night will serve to further alienate Shanny from his players. Whatever. I never did like his son running the offense as that makes him unaccountable to the head coach. And history in Denver shows Shanahan unwilling to change coordinators no matter how bad, and Shanny has done a poor job on shoring up the defense with players. you may put that on Allen, but I think Allen is not really the player acquisition guy. I think he will just become a hatchet man. players and coaches both need to know they are playing/coaching for their careers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.