• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Linking up with Baylor Fans

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
http://www.baylorfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=236560&p=3881343#post3881343

Pretty awesome Baylor Football fan forum I found.

I thought it would be nice to link up with these guys. Some good and intelligent discussion going on there regarding RGIII possibly coming to the Skins.

Awesome Video- all RG3's Throws yesterday- CRAZY KW catch

Does it Bother Anybody Else? (Baylor/Cowboys fan perspective)

Dan Snyder and Mike Shanahan Fly to Waco...

Please Colts, Pick Robert!

Biggest Problem for Team that Drafts RGIII

I actually think I want RGIII to go to the Skins...so conflicted!

We'll see if we get any takers to join us here as mutual fans of Griffin...I hope so - I'd love to hear from folks who've cheered their ***es off for him as a Bear.

It seems amazing how so many fans harbor a hatred for the Skins.
Our fans are some of the most respectable, our players don't play dirty or talk trash, we don't cheat like Bellichek, we're not a dynasty that would give people reason to hate us, in fact just the opposite.
I can only assume it's due to their perception of Snyder.

Last edited:
It seems amazing how so many fans harbor a hatred for the Skins.
Our fans are some of the most respectable, our players don't play dirty or talk trash, we don't cheat like Bellichek, we're not a dynasty that would give people reason to hate us, in fact just the opposite.
I can only assume it's due to their perception of Snyder.

First, I love the idea Boone, and they seem to have some great posters there.

As to your point Fear, the hatred might me a little heavier in the Baylor area than most, due to geographical location.

But the hatred across the country is pretty easy to understand. I believe it's a combination of a few things:

1. How do you feel when you see some usually overweight Dolphins fan walk into a sports bar with a Marino jersey on? If you are like me, first you feel a little sorry for them. Then I feel a sense of "how pathetic is that?". They are stuck in the past, in an Al Bundyesque type of way. Personally, I try to find a table far away from that guy. I'm sure at least some people think the same about us. Cleveland Browns fans are in the same boat.

2. It's Dan. If he weren't our owner, you would likely think he was a joke too. Have you seen that Hooters picture by the way? It's painful on so many levels. Dan looks pathetic sucking his gut in, and Shanny looks like he is part rodent--ready to nibble on some cheese. Shanny also has a little "Weekend at Bernie's" look about him. They just look like bumbling idiots.

Baylor fan and Cowboy fan here. Thanks for the invite.

Great to have you. We enjoy the typical fun with our NFC East rival fans, but mostly just of the good-natured variety. Mostly :)

Be curious to know what a Cowboys/Baylor fan thinks about Griffin possibly in B&G? Does it worry you based on what you expect to see from RGIII in the pros? What's the sense most Dallas fans have?

I think most Baylor/Cowboys fans are like myself; we love RG3 so much and want him to succeed no matter what - regardless of which team he is playing for. There is no way I'm going to root against him. That being said, I have no idea what I'm going to do the two times per year that the Redskins and Cowboys meet - I'll let you know after that time comes.

As much as I hate to admit it, I think DC is a great destination for RG3. RG3 deserves a competitive (or near competitive) team in a great city with great fans - he gets all those things in Washington.

My only complaint is purely out of selfishness: I want to buy (and wear) a RGIII NFL jersey and there is NO WAY I'm putting on a Redskin jersey...so that kinda sucks.

Great reply...it's a tribute to Griffin that he has that kind of support. Dallas and Redskins fans have some common ground (I'll get pummelled here for saying that) in that it's been a long while since either franchise were very relevant (longer for us than you, but still...). We've had so many guys under center, it's been hard to even imagine having someone back there you could really pin your hopes on. Griffin is definitely the best prospect the Redskins have had the privilege of dreaming of for a long, long time. For Redskins fans, he's not just a possible franchise quarterback, he's a saviour.

Stick around - look forward to hearing more from you as we move into the draft and the regular season.

Here is Baylor Athletics YouTube Channel. A lot of very well done videos on here. http://www.youtube.com/user/BaylorAthletics
(You'll obviously have to click through a few pages to get back to fball season to see RG3 videos, but, if yall are bored, feel free to watch some bball highlights also. That is what I'm doing all night to pass the time before our game tomorrow)

And here is a 10 minute summary that shows why RG3 is such a special football player:
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odT2HLVq_JQ&context=C420b571ADvjVQa1PpcFMOpVv2FK7tGU4PMH9Dv-FzEwoHZ71ohXc=[/media]
(The audio at the 6:00 mark tells you all you need to know about the excitement he brought to Baylor - and what we are going to miss so much now that he's gone.)

Last edited:
Baylor fan and Cowboy fan here. Thanks for the invite.

Welcome to BGO. I'll be interested to hear your perspective on a lot of things, most notably the man who is the subject of this thread, and virtually every THOUGHT Skins fans have right now. I'll also enjoy the opposing perspective on the NFCBeast, and the rest of the NFL.

During Skins/Boys week though, don't talk to me. Cause I damn sure won't know who the **** you are. :laugh:

Kiddin. Again, welcome, and enjoy. Your first beer's on me.

Ditto to this.

I think most Baylor/Cowboys fans are like myself; we love RG3 so much and want him to succeed no matter what - regardless of which team he is playing for. There is no way I'm going to root against him. That being said, I have no idea what I'm going to do the two times per year that the Redskins and Cowboys meet - I'll let you know after that time comes.

As much as I hate to admit it, I think DC is a great destination for RG3. RG3 deserves a competitive (or near competitive) team in a great city with great fans - he gets all those things in Washington.

My only complaint is purely out of selfishness: I want to buy (and wear) a RGIII NFL jersey and there is NO WAY I'm putting on a Redskin jersey...so that kinda sucks.

I agree 100% with this post. I may even root for the skins against Jerry's boys.

Welcome to BGO. I'll be interested to hear your perspective on a lot of things, most notably the man who is the subject of this thread, and virtually every THOUGHT Skins fans have right now. I'll also enjoy the opposing perspective on the NFCBeast, and the rest of the NFL.

During Skins/Boys week though, don't talk to me. Cause I damn sure won't know who the **** you are. :laugh:

Kiddin. Again, welcome, and enjoy. Your first beer's on me.

Thanks for the welcome.

I'd consider myself a pretty big Cowboy fan (for reference, I have two dogs: Emmitt and Troy). However, I may be different than a lot of Cowboy fans in that I can't say that I truly hate the redskins. I was raised knowing that the Redskins game was always a big game and recently, no matter the quality of each team in that given year, Cowboys/Redskins games are always very competitive, very eventful, and very fun to watch. A loss to the skins does sting more than a loss to another team sans Philly or NYG, but Washington has never given me a reason to truly hate them - not yet anyways...

Now, if Snyder effs up RG3's career somehow, the Redskins will jump to the top of the "Things I Hate" list which include the aggies, the longhorns, Tiger Woods, the Spurs...among others...

Also, how do I change my avatar pic to something non redskin related?

Sorry for all the videos, but I think its appropriate for Redskins fans to see the effect that y'alls future QB had on an entire university's fan-base.
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txdvPyrbgrw[/media]

If you watch nothing else, please watch 3:31.

Thanks for the welcome.

I'd consider myself a pretty big Cowboy fan (for reference, I have two dogs: Emmitt and Troy). However, I may be different than a lot of Cowboy fans in that I can't say that I truly hate the redskins.

We haven't given you a reason to hate us of late. Generally, you hate a rival to some extent, just because it's a rival. It's intensified by the rival dominating a stretch of the rivalry. It's for that reason that I hope you learn to hate us much more very soon. :laugh:

I'll break you in slowly though, mostly because you seem like a good cat. The coach I have, and will always have the most respect for is of course, Joe Gibbs. Number two on that list? Tom Landry. And I'm not the slightest bit ashamed to admit it.

DallasNotlaw said:
I was raised knowing that the Redskins game was always a big game and recently, no matter the quality of each team in that given year, Cowboys/Redskins games are always very competitive, very eventful, and very fun to watch. A loss to the skins does sting more than a loss to another team sans Philly or NYG, but Washington has never given me a reason to truly hate them - not yet anyways...

Yeah, well, as I alluded to earlier, I think we'll both reconsider our positions on whether we hate the other team or not, two weeks a year. :)

DallasNotlaw said:
Now, if Snyder effs up RG3's career somehow, the Redskins will jump to the top of the "Things I Hate" list which include the aggies, the longhorns, Tiger Woods, the Spurs...among others...

If that happens, OUR agitation level will be right there with you.

DallasNotlaw said:
Also, how do I change my avatar pic to something non redskin related?

Try here: www.cowboyszone.com

;)

You think I'm just going to waltz onto a Redskins' board and start throwing Cowboys' logos everywhere? I can be an a-hole sometimes but now's not the time. :cool3:

I was thinking a nice Baylor Helmet or something to get started...

Nah, I was making a joke. "Get a Cowboys logo there, and USE IT there." :laugh: I'm an acquired taste, that most people don't acquire. :betterwink2:

I do think a nice Bear avatar would be appropriate though, if someone has the skill/time. (I don't have either.)

Wow.
That's twice within the span of a week, that events have led Cowboys and Redskins fans to join forces together .....first the Salary Cap fiasco, and now the common ground with a Baylor QB. What's next, will we all sit around the campfire, holding hands, singing Kumbaya ? ;)
Signs of the Apocalypse.
Didn't the Mayan calendar say the world is ending this year ?

Nicely done, Boone!

And welcome to our new friends from Baylor. We maybe a Redskins board but we are more about honest, intelligent, passionate football discussion and as such, we are pleased to have fans of all stripes here who are interested in participating.

I hope we have stronger common bond come April 27th.

I just wanted to say hey and welcome to our new friends from Baylor. I always love hearing a variety of perspectives and you guys seem pretty cool. I can only imagine how fans of Baylor football have felt having RGIII around-what a delightful and skilled QB-and representative-he's been for you (and hopefully for us soon as well :lift:).

I'll be nice enough to avoid saying anything too obnoxious when the Redskins/Cowboys meetups come around-try to anyway. :D

BTW, I've been impressed with Baylor's b-ball team during the NCAA tournament-best of luck to 'em!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.