• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Let's Get Back Into Second Round

Bulldog

The All-Time Great
Reaction score
I would be interested in seeking out a deal for Hall and perhaps one of our #4 picks to move up into Round 2 to snag a CB, OL or TE (if we are considering moving Cooley).

Thoughts?
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Need a buyer first. And someone specific to target second.

Gimme those two things and I'll dance with ya. :)

Not sure we have enough ammo.

I think we'd have to give up our 3rd, and a 5th to move up.

I think I'd rather have the extra bodies.

I'd rather get rid of Hall. At 29 he still has some value I would imagine for a team that likes his penchant for turnovers.

Salary is a concern.

Depends how far you want to move up and who is available. For our 3rd and 7th, I would move up for Trumaine Johnson if he is still there in the latter part of the 2nd. I'd like to see where Janoris Jenkins or Jayron Hosley fall, it might be worth the risk if we can get value trading up.

If Cody Glenn is available around the middle of the 2nd, I would pull the trigger on giving up our 3rd and 5th. I cannot believe he fell into the 2nd round.

Cordy Glenn?

We already drafted Cody and went around the rodeo with him :)

I agree we could package picks, but my goal was to see if we could leverage a player and a pick so that we still come out of the draft with seven selections.

I loved this idea when I first proposed it a few weeks ago. ;)

Its a win-win, get rid of a problem-child CB and move back into the 2nd round. I'd love to see them jump back in early enough to grab Janoris Jenkis...

Its a win-win, get rid of a problem-child CB and move back into the 2nd round. I'd love to see them jump back in early enough to grab Janoris Jenkis...

Go back and see, I was for a trade up into the 2nd for Bobby Massie before you "proposed" it. :)

Oh and Bulldog, who is this Cordy you speak of? ;)

Edit: And I am not sure why someone would want to trade for D-Hall and our 3rd when they could just have Janoris Jenkins themselves. I know if I were a GM, the prospect of a 3rd round pick coupled with Hall does not sound as attractive as simply taking the younger player with more potential unless it's a team who is in the hunt to win it all. Even then, Jenkins is 1st round talent.

With a cap number $8.3 million for 2012, I don't see Hall going anywhere unless the Skins cut him outright.

So trade one problem child for another one? Seriously? Last year's draft was all about high character guys. We don't yet have the locker room of the Pats where we can afford to take a shot on a guy like Jenkins. Aren't we all already wondering about Merriweather?

So trade one problem child for another one? Seriously? Last year's draft was all about high character guys. We don't yet have the locker room of the Pats where we can afford to take a shot on a guy like Jenkins. Aren't we all already wondering about Merriweather?

Jenkins might be worth it. Hall is not at this point of his career. :)

Well, if we can handle the cap hit of throwing Braindead Meriweather back in the gutter, we damn sure can't take the cap hit of trading Deangelo. Or, Cooley.

What did Asante Samuel go for?

Whatever it was, I doubt Hall is worth even that much in a trade.

Unfortunately, I think there are still too many decent to potentially very good CBs still in the draft to make an acceptable trade offer for DeAngelo without giving up at least one 4th round pick and a seventh-or even sixth rounder.

Right now CB looks like a buyers market.

What did Asante Samuel go for?

Whatever it was, I doubt Hall is worth even that much in a trade.

Good point. This is a very deep DB draft, so we'd likely not get very much for Hall. Its too bad he was already a Raider, they'd probably be our best bet to dump him.

No need to move up. Keep what we have and move down a time or two to get more players. This is a deep draft. Just sit tight - we'll be fine.

No need to move up. Keep what we have and move down a time or two to get more players. This is a deep draft. Just sit tight - we'll be fine.

If someone like Janoris Jenkins, problems and all, or Cody Glenn, especially him, fall to a reasonable position that we wouldn't need to give up too much, I think you have to trade up. There is no one as good as either of them in the 3rd round or later, not even Stevenson. Glenn is too versatile. He could replace Chester, Licht or even Jamaal Brown.

If someone like Janoris Jenkins, problems and all, or Cody Glenn, especially him, fall to a reasonable position that we wouldn't need to give up too much, I think you have to trade up. There is no one as good as either of them in the 3rd round or later, not even Stevenson. Glenn is too versatile. He could replace Chester, Licht or even Jamaal Brown.

Again, I disagree. Nobody is going to give us a penny for Hall - not with Mike Jenkins being shopped around now.

The Redskins have made their one big trade up in this draft. Let's be happy with that move and see what happens tonight and tomorrow.

And yes, if Janoris falls to them in the 3rd, the Redskins will pull the trigger. That little bit of info should tell you that the team has no intention of moving up. Now, could that be a smokescreen? Unlikely. Smokescreens are for first round shenanigans - not later in the draft.

Again, I disagree. Nobody is going to give us a penny for Hall - not with Mike Jenkins being shopped around now.

The Redskins have made their one big trade up in this draft. Let's be happy with that move and see what happens tonight and tomorrow.

And yes, if Janoris falls to them in the 3rd, the Redskins will pull the trigger. That little bit of info should tell you that the team has no intention of moving up. Now, could that be a smokescreen? Unlikely. Smokescreens are for first round shenanigans - not later in the draft.

I'm not talking about Hall. I'm talking about one of the later round picks coupled with our 3rd. I said from the start we wouldn't get anything for Hall.

As for the talent level between the players I mentioned and some of the guys rumored to be coming here, huge difference and worth losing out on a 5th, 6th or 7th round pick, depending on how far they drop, coupled with our 3rd, maybe even the 2 4ths.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.