• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Larry Michaels Retiring

they are really going to be a whole new team as soon as football is back. unreal.

He get upset that he can’t do the skintangibles anymore? Hahahahaha

Larry. Nice guy. Treated us well in person back in the day when he didn't have to. Mostly lousy play-by-play guy.

Is Herzog still alive?

So, the search begins for a gay, handicapped, binary woman of color who identifies as a fish and speaks only Klingon for the next Skins announcer

What a coincidence! I self-identify as that!

Echo what Om said. Guy was always gracious, kind, and welcoming to us - class act. He also, as I've said before, was a content dynamo who worked as hard as anyone I've ever seen to produce fan-related content. I get the snark a lot of fans verbalized, as he was often playing sonatas on the deck of the Titanic and telling us how gorgous the view was. But he always seemed like a very nice man. Sort of hope, whatever the 'terrible news' is that's coming, that it doesn't involve him.

Larry. Nice guy. Treated us well in person back in the day when he didn't have to. Mostly lousy play-by-play guy.

Is Herzog still alive?

He is. And I understand that's a rhetorical question, but with the way he was shit on on the way out the door, I don't think you're ever hear that voice again

Larry Michaels was a jerk. Make no mistake about it, this is addition by subtraction.

Hopefully this is a sign Danny might be on the way out.

He doesn’t have any friends left in the building as the rats sense the coming storm.

Did you know him or ever have personal contact with him, or is that based on his media persona? I'm gonna push back on your first line only - because that's not at all what I experienced over a number of years.

We met him at a public appearance for a sponsorship with a business I was affiliated with a number of years ago.

We were talking about the team and I was telling him how good on both sides of the ball the ‘91 team was and how much hard work it took for Gibbs and Beathard to establish a winning culture in sports.

He went into a defense of the team since he came and said we had no idea how hard people were working to win.

I told him the lack of training camp prep and reps under Gruden told me something different.

He said we were looking at the wrong things.

What he knows about the NFL just about fits into one of those paper cups you see at an office water dispenser.

Maybe so... not really what you said though. I don't think anyone ever believed he was a savvy football guy.

I loved it when Doc Walker had to explain to Larry what a two gap was in re playing on the DL.

He and Snyder needed a football for dummies gift for the holidays years ago.

This isn't voluntary imho.

Boone and Om , I appreciate your perspective on actually dealing with Michaels. I never met the man and didn't know anything about him other than he sounded like a hack calling games. His Redskins Nation show was basically Redskins propaganda that ignored the very basic aspects of every game. He was insufferable to listen to and the times I got to see him on TV was even worse. I'm not sad he's retiring from the booth. But it is good to know he was friendly to those around him. Not really sure that's the case with a lot of media people.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.