• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Kyle Allen

Allen will be good at showing just how bad or good the Oline is really performing, because he was having massive happy feet last season when the 'Skins thrashed Carolina. Not expecting a world beater from him though.

I'd take this generation's Gus Frerotte in a heartbeat. That's how bad it is.

Just for objectivity.... Haskins dumped the ball of on 4th and goal from the 18 for a 9 yard game resulting in a turnover...

This play was last year..

4th and goal from the 3 results in a sack / fumble to end the game...

Just for objectivity.... Haskins dumped the ball of on 4th and goal from the 18 for a 9 yard game resulting in a turnover...

This play was last year..

4th and goal from the 3 results in a sack / fumble to end the game...

I’m skeptical about how much of an improvement we will see with play on the field. But if the stories we are hearing are true, then it’s about Haskins not putting in the time to correct the things the coaches are asking him to work on. So Allen may be getting this shot because he will do what his coaches ask. And if that is the case, we may see some improvement after all. I don’t know. I’m just not expecting this to be a massive improvement, but I’d love to be wrong.

I’m skeptical about how much of an improvement we will see with play on the field. But if the stories we are hearing are true, then it’s about Haskins not putting in the time to correct the things the coaches are asking him to work on. So Allen may be getting this shot because he will do what his coaches ask. And if that is the case, we may see some improvement after all. I don’t know. I’m just not expecting this to be a massive improvement, but I’d love to be wrong.

I agree.

I think there will be a couple weeks that we see noticeably more effectiveness and better execution, but I don't think we instantly become a top 20 offense or anything. Likely see a couple more risks based on some of the looks...

To be fair to Allen, Dwayne Haskins plays a role in the NY Giants favorite plays video from 2019.

If Haskins me-first attitude is as described we had to get him out of there, big arm or not.

Haskins does not show the kind of elite level skills, footwork, football IQ to just hitch our future to and anoint him.

He hasn’t earned jack to me so far.

He’s better known for taking selfies than throwing touchdowns.

I'm not up for nitpicking Haskins apart. One year starter in college, and not even starting a full season in a shit system last year, didn't give me ton confidence. Riding the pine for a season or so like the old days could do wonders for Haskins. That being said, this team can win some games right now, and needs to.

Let's try and make sure this is the Kyle Allen thread please...

He's talking to you Bulldog... lol. I've moved at least 3 of your Haskins posts out of this thread already...

Despite the abysmal results today, I thought Allen played a decent game considering the pressure brought to bear and the very conservative offensive game called. He displayed nice touch on his passes (I only saw one that was mildly inaccurate). He went 9/13 for 74 yds and of course ran one in for a TD. That sounds pretty sad until you consider the entire offense only managed 108 total yards on the day. He threw 5 passes for 1st downs - the only passing 1st downs of the entire day. You saw how much less agile Alex Smith was once he entered the game as all of his attempts to escape the pocket and take off were quickly shut down.

Today was going to be ugly - that was preordained by our inability to give any QB back there adequate time. But I would've liked to have seen how Allen would've handled the pressure the rest of the way. He looked accurate and quick, particularly compared to Alex Smith.

Sounds like Allen will get another chance to show what he can do next weekend.

A solid running game would go a long way in helping whom ever is behind center. Allen looked better then Haskins, and Smith. If nothing else, he knows how to avoid the sack by throwing the ball away, or using his mobility.

We are pretty much screwed until they get this OL fixed. I can only imagine what someone like Antonio Gibson might be able to do with a line that could run block. And no QB - it doesn't matter who we're talking about - is going to be successful behind this OL. It's an utter disaster. We probably need to spend our first 3 picks in 2 successive drafts to fix it. My fear is that we will continue our 20 year tradition of trying to piecemeal an OL together from other team's spare parts and late round picks.

We are pretty much screwed until they get this OL fixed. I can only imagine what someone like Antonio Gibson might be able to do with a line that could run block. And no QB - it doesn't matter who we're talking about - is going to be successful behind this OL. It's an utter disaster. We probably need to spend our first 3 picks in 2 successive drafts to fix it. My fear is that we will continue our 20 year tradition of trying to piecemeal an OL together from other team's spare parts and late round picks.

This is the real problem with missing on highly drafted QBs. You have other parts of your team you have to build and use your top picks on. They need a top OL in this next draft. But as of now, they don’t a QB to play behind it either. So the team is in such a bad spot.

Agreed. We're now seen a Haskins, Allen and a veteran in Alex Smith be let down by this line.
We need it fixed.

I don't think it matters about the QB at the moment, We should spend draft capital on rebuilding that line as quickly as we can so it's READY for us to choose a QB1 moving forward.
The Andrew Luck phenom in Indianapolis showed what happens if you do that the other way around.

Agreed. We're now seen a Haskins, Allen and a veteran in Alex Smith be let down by this line.
We need it fixed.

I don't think it matters about the QB at the moment, We should spend draft capital on rebuilding that line as quickly as we can so it's READY for us to choose a QB1 moving forward.
The Andrew Luck phenom in Indianapolis showed what happens if you do that the other way around.

I am absolutely in the camp that the line needs help... that said, Haskins, at times, had time to make throws and missed the read or the open receiver. He didn't face Aaron Donald. I think the next 6 weeks will be a better measuring stick of QB play, because the line is likely not going to be facing the competition it did this past weekend.

This is a really stupid and likely meaningless observation, but something I noticed.

Allen is having fun with teammates... and even just walking in together. I like seeing this. That's Hemmingway (88), a practice squad TE, and Badet (84) a practice squad WR.

This means nothing, just something I noticed.

I think Allen is the unsung HERO to the win yesterday, and it's because of the plays that 'didn't' happen instead of those that did.

THIS play stood out to me.... He turned a sack / tackle for loss into a first down. This is 3rd and 9 on our side of the field. We're up by 12. This is the drive chart that followed.

• 3rd & 9 at DAL 49
    (5:45 - 2nd) (Shotgun) K.Allen scrambles right end ran ob at DAL 36 for 13 yards (T.Diggs).
  • 1st & 10 at DAL 36
    (5:09 - 2nd) (Shotgun) K.Allen pass short left to L.Thomas pushed ob at DAL 29 for 7 yards (L.Vander Esch). DAL-L.Vander Esch was injured during the play.
  • 2nd & 3 at DAL 29
    (4:31 - 2nd) (Shotgun) A.Gibson left guard to DAL 24 for 5 yards (D.Armstrong).
  • 1st & 10 at DAL 24
    (3:47 - 2nd) (Shotgun) K.Allen pass incomplete short right [D.Armstrong].
  • 2nd & 10 at DAL 24
    (3:42 - 2nd) A.Gibson left end to DAL 15 for 9 yards (T.Diggs). DAL-A.Smith was injured during the play. His return is Probable. 58 - Smith w/ a knee
  • 3rd & 1 at DAL 15
    (3:08 - 2nd) Logan Thomas Pass From Kyle Allen for 15 Yrds D.Hopkins extra point is GOOD, Center-N.Sundberg, Holder-T.Way.

This drive put the nail in the coffin of the Cowboys team. It may have been THAT play. Being able to finish that drive with a TD, and go into halftime up 22 - 3 is HUGGGEE.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.