• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Kirk Cousins Development Tracker

If teams had that mind set, guys like Eli, Drew Brees, Andrew Luck, and a host of others would have been unemployed very quickly. Kirk has already proven his worth. The "see how he does" seasons have come and gone for Kirk and the Skins. I've watched the team draft the QB of the future more times then I care to, the future is now.....

I think you may be missing my point. Kirk won't be leaving because of his play. It will be because it is proof he is demanding too much money. I set that bar at a division title. Then he's worth it. The Redskins already don't think he's worth what he's asking. so how can he want more next year if he doesn't win something on the field. Kirk knows he has San Fran in his back pocket.

That's where I'm coming from, what will his worth be by year end? Its not about another "show me" year.

I think you may be missing my point. Kirk won't be leaving because of his play. It will be because it is proof he is demanding too much money. I set that bar at a division title. Then he's worth it. The Redskins already don't think he's worth what he's asking. so how can he want more next year if he doesn't win something on the field. Kirk knows he has San Fran in his back pocket.

That's where I'm coming from, what will his worth be by year end? Its not about another "show me" year.

I didn't realize you had inside ties to the team, being you're so sure the team doesn't think Kirk is worth what he's asking for. You're contradicting yourself.....If he wins a title, he's worth the money..... sure sound like a show me situation.
how can he want more next year if he doesn't win something on the field
Again, sounds like he needs to prove himself. His worth will be the same at seasons end as at the start no matter what the record is because it's a team sport, and placing the entire seasons outcome on one player is not reasonable. New receivers, new defense, new coaches all over the team, but if we don't win the division, Kirk is not worth the money.... I really don't think I'm missing your point.

I don't think Kirk needs to prove himself. He is a very good quarterback. I just wouldn't call him "franchise", nor would I make him the highest paid QB in the league (also wouldn't pay Carr what he got, but that's me.)

Yes we don't know what numbers are being bandied about in the front office. But we do know for a fact, that Kirk has turned down one offer already. I'm not inclined to think that by year end, if the team wins 6-7 games, that he's going to suddenly get a huge record setting long term deal. He'll go to SF imho.

Cousins doesn't go to San Fran unless the team lets him. They have a contractual leash and collar on him and can keep it that way for two additional seasons beyond next.

Thom Loverro article on Washington Times today really irks me. His contention is that Kirk was never going to be here long-term because we drafted him in the 4th round and he had to sit behind RG3. That idea disregards the obvious fact that 31 other teams passed on Cousins repeatedly - and it was the Redskins who thought he was a hidden gem and selected him. Who knows when he'd have been drafted otherwise?

Loverro piles on the sarcasm in the article adding that if it's 'not about the money' for Cousins then we are doomed because 'why would anyone want to be a Redskin except for the money?'. What an insult to Redskins fans - not a fan of that kind of snark.

Yeah - the Redskins are bastards. They draft you, they give you the starter's job over the guy they gave up 3 #1 picks to get, run him out of town, make you rich beyond your wildest dreams - **** those ******-****ers!

Ridiculous.

I don't think Kirk needs to prove himself. He is a very good quarterback. I just wouldn't call him "franchise", nor would I make him the highest paid QB in the league (also wouldn't pay Carr what he got, but that's me.)

If the numbers I'm hearing are correct, it sounds like the Skins offered Cousins more than Carr's money, which is pretty generous.

That's a big 'if'. I'm highly skeptical any of the experts putting stuff out there know what they are talking about. Just my opinion - and based on having watched them, in the absence of real facts or sources, just flat make shit up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The current regime seems to keep things in-house. I'd be surprised if they are leaking detailed contract offer info to the media. If he doesn't sign, guess I could see it, but I'm skeptical of any detailed reports right now no matter how they make the team or Cousins look. Just my opinion, could be wrong.

If Bruce Allen screws this up and we lose our first homegrown talent at Qb since Mark Rypien, should he be fired?

If #8 turns out to be a greedy little bastard, how is that Allen's fault?

Wonder boy screwed up by throwing the game losing/season ending interception, at home, against the Giants.
If it's a game winning touchdown instead, the ink would long be dry on a new contract.
If this divorce goes down, both sides will share the guilt.

If RG3 had posted the same numbers as Kirk had over the last two seasons, Bruce would've already made him the highest paid Qb in the league.

Kirk's been jerked around plenty by this front office......

If Griffin put up the same numbers over the last 2 years, after completing his historic rookie season? Of course he'd get a big deal. So what?

If we're going to play if's/butts/candy/nuts. If Griffin and #8 had identical numbers, everybody and their mother would choose Griffin simply due to his athletic ability.
But, that didn't happen.

What did happen, was an average #8 excelled in a QB friendly system. Put up gawdy numbers. And they didn't mean diddly in that final drive.

He failed at the worse possible moment. Doesn't matter what should have/could have happened before that moment. He was in position to cement his status, and future contract. He dropped the ball, per se. Now he and his agent appear to be demanding payment for back to back Super Bowls. I know I'm in the minority on this, but he hasn't earned it.

My enthusiasm and excitement for the upcoming season would be no less with Colt McCoy/Nate Sudfield/Player to be named under center. And with an improved overall roster, the loss of #8 could be absorbed.

If RG3 had posted the same numbers as Kirk had over the last two seasons, Bruce would've already made him the highest paid Qb in the league.

Kirk's been jerked around plenty by this front office......

I don't agree Kirk's been 'jerked around' - in what way? Being given the starters job in favor of a #2 pick in the draft? Being put in an offense and put in a position to put up Pro Bowl #'s? Making more money than any of us could dream of?

The only legitimate gripe he could have is that the team hasn't signed him to a new long term deal. That's it imho. And it takes two to get a deal done.

The 'Kirk has been wronged' stuff is just silly imho.

Yeah, it's unfortunate that most mediots, and many fans, are already laying the lions share of blame on the team.

But as you say, it takes two to tango. The team is doing exactly what #8's agent is. Trying to get the best deal they can.

When I think about the teams side the term 'acting like a little bitch' doesn't come to mind.

So after a season and a half, in which he rewrote the team record book and led them to a division title, coming at Cousins with a dirt floor offer wasn't jerking him around? Now they're talking about letting him play out on this tag and doing a transition tag. That's not considered jerking him around when they were more than happy to extend Pothead Trent, whose one slip up from being gone for a yr?
Colt McCoy is not on Kirk"s level. Neither is Sudfield. Nor a rookie from the next draft.
For all the talk about drafting and growing Redskins, they sure double talk when it concerns the Qb.
This team is historically always in flux at the Qb position. Guess Bruce wants to keep it that way....or so it seems.

The one thing I think we can say for sure, is that Dan has shown that he has all the confidence and faith in Bruce Allen from the beginning. At no time was there any turf wars jeopardizing Bruce's career. Dan has a history of paying up for those he wants. Not this time, its obvious. He has given the decision making entirely to Bruce Allen, he ain't going not where. QB's come and go.

Another thing that can be said for sure is that no one knows what has or hasn't been offered lately. However, there have been many reports that the quarterback has, in one way or another, had his feelings hurt. I've never seen even one report that that is not true.

#8, poor little multimillionaire.

If that's getting jerked around....

He can always flip burgers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.