• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Kirk Cousins Development Tracker

4 interceptions in 3 games
3 touchdowns in 3 games

He didn't throw any against the rams because we ran the ball most of the game and he wasn't asked to do anything big. Being 6 rows off the field is cool but we all saw the same game. He managed it fine by handing it to Jones and Morris. He made a couple of good plays and a clutch one on third down to reed.

But to say I'm giving "vague references" isn't cool, man. I'm speaking how I feel and speaking about what I'm seeing. I get that it doesn't jive with how you feel, but it's not vague, it's not because of some crush on another former player, or whatever other reasons there are being thrown out there.

It's because he looks like he has no zip on his deep ball, he's throwing rainbows when he does, he makes quick decisions to avoid sacks but it's causing interceptions instead now.

Maybe this isn't all on him, maybe it is. But he's doing it and it's been 2 times he's had the starting role in 2 different seasons and he's done the exact same thing. That's not vague and that's not me not giving him a chance. That's on him not performing.

I guess I'm in the boat of 200 yard performances not being labeled as good. His interceptions are definitely reasons not to call him good.

Andrew Luck already has 5 int's in 2 games, guess he sucks too. Two of Kirk's int's have been dumb luck. He's only had 2 real int's. His completion percentage was 75% going into Thursday's game. You can't sit there and say that sucks because they were only 200 yard games. It's not his fault we ran a lot.

You just want Griffin in the game like some others. You're all waiting on him to return like Jesus or something. It aint happening, he's done.

This year luck does suck, yes. His own coach has called him out on it.

Only 2 real interceptions? I'm not even sure how one gets to decide who's throwing real interceptions and who isn't. He threw the ball. It left his hands.

Don't tell me what I want in and don't want in. I'm not asking for Griffin to be in the game and I've made it perfectly clear several times he needs to be off the team due to drama. You don't need to ever put words in my mouth, bro. I'm not shy.

Griffin is done here and Cousins is a career #2.

He may be Chris, but tossing out bullshit like 'he has no zip on the ball' - that's fantasy. Against the Giants, Kirk sucked. He was late, didn't plant his feet, missed easy TDs. But he threw very well the first 2 games. I don't have an agenda. I doubt we have a franchise Qb on this roster. I think that's a safe bet. But Cousins played well the first 2 games, including making some pretty damn good throws with PLENTY of zip on the ball. For anyone that can't acknowledge that, I have no interest in discussing further.

Is bullshit? Bro, what the **** is that about?

No interest in discussing further? Why? Because I think cousins lacks arm strength? Damn, man.

But, ok. It's your playground. Sideways attack our opinions on a message board full of opinions but then tell me privately how I am ****ing up the vibe of the board when I do it.

What's 'sideways' about it :) ? I thought it was pretty direct. Cousins showed plenty of arm strength the first two games. And has only played one poor game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't see the arm strength you see Boone. In fact, I've referred to him as lollipop based on my perceived lack of said strength on throws beyond 15 yards. (And I've stopped doing that due to a recent management request.) :)

Now maybe that is due to footwork. Seems to always be footwork with our qbs. Perhaps the team should hire a ballet instructor.

He may be Chris, but tossing out bullshit like 'he has no zip on the ball' - that's fantasy. Against the Giants, Kirk sucked. He was late, didn't plant his feet, missed easy TDs. But he threw very well the first 2 games. I don't have an agenda. I doubt we have a franchise Qb on this roster. I think that's a safe bet. But Cousins played well the first 2 games, including making some pretty damn good throws with PLENTY of zip on the ball. For anyone that can't acknowledge that, I have no interest in discussing further.

I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very website that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way.

Couldn't help myself. :)

I don't see the arm strength you see Boone. In fact, I've referred to him as lollipop based on my perceived lack of said strength on throws beyond 15 yards. (And I've stopped doing that due to a recent management request.) :)

Now maybe that is due to footwork. Seems to always be footwork with our qbs. Perhaps the team should hire a ballet instructor.

I'm not arguing the guy is Aaron Rodgers in terms of zip on the ball. But he's got a decent enough arm. What I see is missed opportunities and INTs for 2 reasons - both of which are potentially correctable - throws made late and throwing into double coverage.

That's not to say he couldn't have a stronger arm. There were several off balance throws thrown short in the Giants game where I thought 'Griffin probably gets that there'. The problem is, arm strength is almost never the reason for success or failure for an NFL QB - just ask Jay Cutler.

If I'm willing to admit Cousins doesn't have Griffin's arm strength, maybe you guys can admit neither does he have Jay Pennington's or Mark Brunell's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm willing to concede he doesn't have Jay Pennington's arm, sure.

Who the **** is Jay Pennington? :)

Cousins had enough arm strength to get the job done. His problem is mental, not physical. Last year, he couldn't rebound from bad throws and extricate himself from quicksand which is why we went to the least talented QB of the three.

This year, we're all hoping he's grown.

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

I'm willing to concede he doesn't have Jay Pennington's arm, sure.

Who the **** is Jay Pennington? :)

Cousins had enough arm strength to get the job done. His problem is mental, not physical. Last year, he couldn't rebound from bad throws and extricate himself from quicksand which is why we went to the least talented QB of the three.

This year, we're all hoping he's grown.

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk
Brad Pennington, ya big dope!

Oh wait! That's Chad!

Looks like plenty of arm to me... it's also something he can improve on and add 5 to 10 yards easily.

[video]http://www.redskins.com/media-gallery/videos/WATCH-DeSean-Jackson-81-yard-TD-Catch/9631dbf8-760f-4d57-ad5b-07fdbe8435ab[/video]

Sorry B,

I'm not on some irrational crusade to disparage Cousins. I hope he turns out to be the Future of the Franchise as much as anyone.

But I honestly don't see any zip on his throws.

I honestly don't think his performance in game one was 'good.' When a defense gives up 10 points they aren't the reason you lose a game. When an offense only scores 10 points, they are a big reason for losing a game. Our offense was anemic in the Red Zone in that game. Cousins is (generally) accurate on short and mid-range throws but he floats the ball and he couldn't push the ball down the field. Couldn't punch it in. And we needed him to be able to do that.

That didn't matter against the Rams because Jones and Morris were running wild all day, and what Cousins could do well was enough to complement that. He did what he was asked to do and he did it well, and that's great.

Against the Giants he was terrible. If you want to throw that out because everyone was terrible and maybe it was just one of those days, fine.

But when I think of a 'good' game for a QB. I think of Tom Brady throwing 4 TDs and 290 yards against Pittsburgh in a 28-21 win. I think of Carson Palmer throwing 3 TDs and 300 yards against New Orleans in a 31-19 win. Or Cam Newton throwing for 200 YDs and 2 TDs and running for 75 yards and another TD in a 24-17 win over Houston. In other words, I think of a game in which the game is lost without the QB's performance.

I do not think of 196 yards, 1 TD and 2 INTs in a 10-17 loss. That's not a good game. If Tom Brady and the Patriots played that exact same way against the Miami Dolphins, the next day everyone would be wondering what was wrong with Tom Brady. Hell when Peyton Manning threw for 175 yards and an INT against the Ravens, nobody said "Hey he complete 60% of his passes, and the Broncos won, so that's a good game!" No, the next day on the radio they were wondering if his arm was done.

Cousins doesn't get graded on a curve. He's the starting quarterback. He's been on this team for three years now. He's been in this same system with the same coach for a full year and change. 'Not spiking himself' is not the same as 'a good game'. Not to me.

Last edited:
Andrew Luck already has 5 int's in 2 games, guess he sucks too. Two of Kirk's int's have been dumb luck. He's only had 2 real int's. His completion percentage was 75% going into Thursday's game. You can't sit there and say that sucks because they were only 200 yard games. It's not his fault we ran a lot.

You just want Griffin in the game like some others. You're all waiting on him to return like Jesus or something. It aint happening, he's done.

Andrew Luck has led his team to three straight 11-win seasons and been to three pro-bowls in his first three years in the league. He's going to get a mulligan or two at this point.

Even so, I don't think anyone is pretending he's playing well right now.

It just seems like some of you don't want to give him credit for anything. Maybe that's just me.

Anyhow, what i like about Cousins is he has the ability to throw into windows and attack zone coverage. Yea, it gets him in trouble, but at least he sees it. That is something you have to be able to do in this league and it's what separates him from Robert. He can't continue to throw ints, but that is something most young Qb's struggle with.

He really plays extremely well at times and if you can't see it i don't know what else to say.

Edit: just to add, he's better from than pocket than R Wilson. Yes, he is. If you keep R Wilson in the pocket he not that good and not as good as Kirk.

I can certainly give credit where it's called for.

Cousins is much better than P. Manning when he has to take off and run.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.