• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Judge Lifts NFL Lockout, Appeal Likely

The NFL is suffering from some bad PR with all this going on during the draft. I know the timing was really out of their hands, but it just looks bad. The last thing the fans need to be reminded of during the feelings of hope the draft generates is that we may not see them playing at all this year.

Listening to ESPN radio, on drive in this morning, they made an interesting point.

Sal Palontonio had sent in a note saying if there is no football on 9-11, then this this will be viewed as greed by fans. This is a rare opportunity for the NFL to get it right in light of the news this morning.

If they fumble this chance, then the NFL will take a major PR hit.

Listening to ESPN radio, on drive in this morning, they made an interesting point.

Sal Palontonio had sent in a note saying if there is no football on 9-11, then this this will be viewed as greed by fans. This is a rare opportunity for the NFL to get it right in light of the news this morning.

An excellent point. The euphoria over Osama will die down some between now and then, certainly. However, if the NFL is dumb enough to not have something settled by the ten year anniversary of 9/11 and 4 months after we killed Osama, that is a PR hit I can not imagine.

People will not stop watching the NFL, but the draft numbers were down this year, and I would imagine the games would be down some as well if this isn't resolved well before then so the games can start on time.

are you kidding me? 9/11 game or ont...every fan in the Universe understands the whole sequence of events we have been witness to is about greed on all sides. that boat has already sailed. and...frankly.....the NFL is getting close to the edge on how it is exploiting the military. I've grown weary of the annual "trot out the boys" line-up...all the while saying nothing about a President who plans to cut $800 billion from DoD over the next 10 years. A pat on the back isn't the same thing as staking oneself to a position. It's nice...but at some point.....it's simply manipulative symbolism.

Wrong forum, Al. No politics in football!

Of course it is greed on both sides. I should clarify my remarks; when I say "NFL" I mean both sides, not just the league/owners. There will not be a lot of sympathy for either side of clowns if the games on 9/11 don't get played.

Wrong forum, Al. No politics in football!

Of course it is greed on both sides. I should clarify my remarks; when I say "NFL" I mean both sides, not just the league/owners. There will not be a lot of sympathy for either side of clowns if the games on 9/11 don't get played.

Hey Goal...I agree...but I'm not the one who brought up 9/11...which is inherently political. anywho.....no more from me on this one!

They oughta send me half of their pay.

http://www.bgobsession.com/showpost.php?p=66624&postcount=21

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.