• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Jason Wright - President's Weekly Brief

I don't think I can express enough how much I'm enjoying these by Wright. Sure, some of it's for PR, but it seems to give us an insight into his approach. Heads and tails above anything we've had in a long while.

I wish I could take this quote and give it to everyone at work.
It reminds me that successful leaders and successful businesses can and should plan rigorously but prepare their organizations for "sudden change" or big deviations from the plan. To do that, we must build agility into our business model. This means hiring and elevating leaders who are calm under pressure and able to quickly digest data to make good, emergent decisions. This means cross-training talent to understand the roles of their peers so we can flexibly fill the responsibilities of our colleagues in a pinch. This means being good with cash management so that when we suddenly must fund an unexpected need, we have the ability to do it (say, for instance, an entire payroll when you're not generating ticket revenue due to COVID… hypothetically of course ;) ). This means having a defined process for responding to crises where everyone knows who has decision rights on which topics, thereby enabling efficient and speedy decisions.

I thought the Business Question of the Week was pretty interesting as well. A lot more goes into a flex change than I thought at first blush.

I love the part about seeking out the new fans? huh? What sane person would seek out this franchise and call it their favorite???:LOL:

Last edited:
  • On Fire
Reactions: Om
I honestly could care less what he has to say I can't wait for first home game see you guys at lot green 42 for tailgate.and then ill be sitting in my favorite sec 426 row 1 lets go!!! HTTR

I hate the whole idea of 'Fan Ambassadors'. What I see is that this results in a handful of folks, primarily Twitter users (who it's very arguable represent most fans), who seem beholden to tell the team that everything they do is just awesome - because they want to continue to get attention as 'super fans'. I think the intent is a good one, trying to hear more of the voice of the customer. But elevating folks on social media is the wrong way to do it. You have an entire season ticket holder group. Those are the fans most invested in the stadium experience. How hard is it to survey them on an ongoing basis? You can also do ongoing focus groups for those who are willing to share their feedback in person (to be fair, I know they have done *some* of that in a limited way). I think an innovative thing they could do would be to have Wright and members of the organization share a game day experience with fans in the cheap seats. They'd see and hear where some of the issues are first hand, instead of sitting up in the luxury box wondering why people complain.

I wish they would take a look at why we seem to have more opposing fans at FedEx than home team supporters a lot of the time. I understand that this is sometimes a reflection of the quality of the home team play, and also maybe due to DC being such a diverse city with folks moving in and out frequently. But I do think some of the ticket management and resale practices make this more likely and a bigger issue in DC than elsewhere. My sense is that Snyder doesn't care who buys the tickets as long as they are sold.

I think a lot of folks are predicting that with a better team coming off a division title, that Washington fans will come storming back to FedEx. I'm not sure that's right. Increasingly, it's just a whole lot more fun watching a game from one's living room than contending with traffic, drunken idiots at the stadium, ridiculously long concession and bathroom lines, outrageous pricing, and then the stadium itself which is one of the most sterile and uncomfortable in the league. It's just not all that appealing.

Sorry for the negativity - but that stadium sucks, encouraging mass numbers of opposing fans sucks, the security and management of drunken fans sucks, and it's a major investment to attend a game.

Last edited:
I hate it when anyone thinks they are better at something like "being a fan" just because they are always online or looking up articles. You do you, I'll do me.

That stadium does suck...but, I don't want to give the city of DC a damn thing after the way they tried to hardball us and force a name change. DC can go F themselves. Move the team to VA.

Super Fan aka Fan Ambassador........what a load of horse hockey

July 12 - Moving Forward

Apparently Warriors is off the table, if I was a betting man that would have been where i put my money.

research revealing the psychological effects of Native American team names on American Indian and Alaska Native youth.

Shut up, Jason. Just shut the F up and make up a new stupid name. You've already stripped the name so there is no need for you to continue bringing up your stupid opinion.

In the spirit of that engagement, I want to address a name that has emerged amongst our fanbase, "Warriors." One might look at this name as a natural, and even harmless transition considering that it does not necessarily or specifically carry a negative connotation. But as we learned through our research and engagement with various groups, "context matters" and that makes it a "slippery slope."

what an absolute pusscake. slippery slope? You're soft, Jason. Warrior is EVERY culture, you SJW.

Just give us the stupid name you pick so we can move on even more embarrassed than we already are.

Yeah the assumption that Warriors is directly connected to Native Americans is false.

It would be VERY easy to brand it Warriors and spin into a completely military type focus. Burgundy / Gold / Black digital camo as an alternate 'style'... similar to this;

1626098184239.png

but instead of white you have gold / yellow.

I'm not saying to have this for a full time option but it could be integrated to clearly distinguish the focus as military instead of anything else.

I think they are missing a huge opportunity to stand for something that not only reflects the DC/MD/VA area, but also honors something every American should have respect for. But hey, God forbid someone manufactures some outrage or offense.

I know our new non-football leadership are supposed to be geniuses with their finger on the pulse of the fanbase.. But they don't seem to operate like they do. If you have concerns about a particular potential name, you just don't select it. Trying to constantly rationalize and justify your hesitations with corporate speak only continues to rile up an already tired and skeptical fanbase. More often than not, less is more.

You'd think a bunch of geniuses would be able to figure that out.

The Washington Military Industrial Complexs has a nice ring to it. We could throw more bombs.

Jason Wright said:
Such an embrace of potentially Native-adjacent iconography and imagery would not represent a clear departure that many communities have so forcefully advocated for us to embrace

You know, I was just talking to my car mechanic about native-adjacent iconography…

Try saying that 10x after a few beers, please inform Mr. Wright, utilizing words that might sound intelligent, does not actually make it so.

Its such a shame that we live in a country where the minorities have total control ..I want to know the exact number of pissed off Indians there actually was for us to be forced to change our name . Was it even the Indians? or the CEO of fedex who I would put money on is the furthest thing from a Native American Indian . All this "research" Jason has supposedly done, what is the number? Its like the paper straw thing . I want to know exactly how many sea turtles have died so that now the entire world is using paper straws. Its ridiculous!! Jason Wright was hired for one purpose ,to navigate our football organization through the attack of the "Woke " culture . Im with Mike .. Shut the f**k up and pick name already

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.