• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Jason Wright - President's Weekly Brief

SilentThreat

Ring of Fame
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
We touched on this a while back but I think it's really cool. It opens (albeit a controlled) a window into the franchise like we've never had before. Jason Wright is a really good dude, as far as I can tell, and appears to want what's best for fans. He also appears to be devoted to communication and transparency. I will try my best to post his weekly brief in this thread as they are released. I will quote some key pieces, but it's a good read as a whole.

As one of the oldest franchises in the NFL, and a great area that former players don't want to leave, we have one of the most extensive in town alumni bases in the league. And while we are trying to reestablish ourselves, we also want to deeply and powerfully integrate our alumni into all that we do as a business. We've started that strategy already by launching "The Legacy" with help from our content creation team, and we're going to continue building on that in the months to come.

So, as we welcome back more fans in 2021 (fingers crossed) and beyond, you can expect to see a stronger alumni presence, both virtually and physically, and feel an unbreakable connection to the history of this franchise!

So are we really going to have to wait until after 2021 for a new name? Are you an idiot, it's not that hard!
So let's get the obvious out of the way: you may have noticed some news circulating around about the search for a new name, and wow, there was a lot of reaction to my casual, off-the-cuff mention that we could still have the "Washington Football Team" name into the 2021 season. If I'm anything, I'm transparent, and I now know that I should never, ever deviate from talking points because I'll say too damn much. :)

Before I was hired, the organization announced there would be an 18-24 month process to establish a new brand. And once I joined, I had talked about this being a longer process to ensure substantive engagement with communities. But what I realize is that we need to say that a lot more often, and that you also need to hear the reasoning behind that process.
Folks tend to love or hate the "Football Team" component of our current moniker. Either way, I think we can continue to educate and push broadcasters and others to refer to us as "Washington," because it flows easier during the play-by-play and reminds us all that we still represent this great area.

Kinda sad aint it.... they've been outcast by previous management unless you bring some sort of money making to the table. Its stupid. I've heard stories over the years that the team would treat alumni like dirt. Even for the 'homecoming' game. Charles Mann was on the radio talking to someone and I remember him saying that the team would 'offer' him tickets to the games, but it would be like 1 or 2 seats, and they would be general admission. No box, no suite, nothing. I know that sounds kind of dumb, but these guys have their name 'etched in stone' in our stadium and we can't even roll out the red carpet a little bit for them? I've heard that's why you rarely see them around the team... That they just don't feel welcomed or embraced by the franchise.

I am not even sure I want to meet Darrell Green again now. Charles Mann is one of the best representatives we could have and hes treated like that?!

Does it surprise you really? We’re talking about a Dan Snyder-lead organization that cant even treat women respectfully.

Found it. The whole interview is good... but if you want to hear how Mann feels about how they treat Alumni, it starts at 5:56. He refers to George Allen, but I believe he means Bruce Allen.

Listening to the interview again, they can get 2 suite tickets, but they're in a suite with other suite holders... so they become entertainers. He mentions other organizations (he spent 1 year in San Fran) gets them suite tickets, but in that suite is only other players. Maybe former players, injured players who cant play, people like that... not other fans.

Does it surprise you really? We’re talking about a Dan Snyder-lead organization that cant even treat women respectfully.

surprised at the depths, but not the initial action. he said he was a fan growing up....

I am not even sure I want to meet Darrell Green again now. Charles Mann is one of the best representatives we could have and hes treated like that?!

Charles Mann has always been a class act, even meeting him around-town. I don't get how guys like him can even humor being treated like that by Danny. Green... always a 50/50 shot. My sister had a nice interaction with him. My own interaction... what an absolute ass. You were an NFL Defensive Back, you didn't cure cancer. I was only 19 in a Home Depot, literally bumped into him on accident in an aisle and told him what his existence on those teams meant to my adolescence. You'd think I hadn't showered in three weeks.

My sole interaction with Art Monk couldn't have been better. Every interaction with Charley Taylor over the last 20 years is a "one of the guys" type of thing. Even Dexter comes across the same. Darrell... ? Jackass.

Green had a house here on a golf course near where I live, I have never seen a man disliked more than him by his fellow golfers in that club house, I found out later why...In the club house after my round having some brews, repping my skins gear and in comes DG....I didn't approach but when he walked in said "Thank you for all the good years in DC" he looked at me, walked past, didn't say a word back. A few years later I played there and asked if DG still had a house in the neighborhood, apparently he was renting it and the landlord eventually wouldn't renew his lease or as the club pro told me "threw his arrogant ass out once he could". I met Joe Jacoby at an auto show in the late 80's, guy was number one massive, number two one of the nicest people I ever met. As far as how Alumni are treated, not surprised here, we're not the only team unfortunately that hasn't treated past players with the dignity they deserve when coming back for a special moment. Not excusing it, just stating.

wow...the things you learn about players after the glory days are over.

DG was all smiles and tootsie rolls on camera!

The stories about DG have been consistently bad for years... at some point probably fair to conclude he’s just not a nice guy. My experiences with former players have all been positive.

Past treatment of alumni aside, I will say I really like the blog and how Jason Wright is approaching this. Seems pretty open and engaging.

Nov 2

This one has a bit of a connection to politics but its his entry... let's make sure we stick to board rules please

Nov 2

This one has a bit of a connection to politics but its his entry... let's make sure we stick to board rules please
I've got no problem encouraging people to vote. Sure seems like a neutral message to me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.