• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Jammal Brown Hurt Again

well we resigned him, to a huge deal BEFORE he proved he could even get on the field, so the cap hit would kill us, on top of that, ets be honest, he is probably our second best Olinemen when able to play. weved paid for his rehab, so we may as well stay the course.
its not like there are any better Olinemen available right now anyway

yep, the biggest SNAFU with Brown was not actually making the trade but giving him $9M in guaranteed money on a 5 year deal when he had not proven he was 100% and ready to play!

Don't tell me there was THAT hot of a market out there for a guy that had missed an entire season in 2009 and came back to hobble around the field in 2010.

He's being placed on IR tomorrow, per a team source.

He's likely done in Washington, and maybe the NFL.

Today is the deadline for them to either IR him or activate him off the pup list. Grant Paulsen was talkin about it on the radio yesterday. Apparently he irritated it yet again on Thursday and hasn' t seen the field since.

Deju vu all over again...

This just seems like the movie Ground Hog Day...

Well, I did not know this, but apparently the Redskins quadrupled Tom Compton's PS salary two weeks ago to keep him in DC. They must be seeing some promising things in practice. (via Burgundy Blog.)

If Compton, Crawford, Bernstine, & Minnifield can all contribute next year, Jenkins looks like rookie year Jenkins again and Shanahan hits a home run in the 2nd round, the Redskins could be a force to reckon with.

A lot of "ifs" there, Lanky, but I agree. Compton and Minnifield are most interesting to me, frankly. We saw what a difference one player in the secondary makes, if we could, through FA or the draft, get another competent safety, and add Minnifield (both big ifs, I know), I think those two players (plus getting Rak and Carriker back from injury) could provide a serious upgrade to the D.

A lot of "ifs" there, Lanky, but I agree. Compton and Minnifield are most interesting to me, frankly. We saw what a difference one player in the secondary makes, if we could, through FA or the draft, get another competent safety, and add Minnifield (both big ifs, I know), I think those two players (plus getting Rak and Carriker back from injury) could provide a serious upgrade to the D.

Yeah, the predominant theory is that the Redskins will promote Compton soon to the active roster, maybe even today with Brown going to IR. This will ensure they get to keep his rights for the entirety of his rookie contract. I would be surprised if they didn't, only because they risk losing him elsewise. Other teams have obviously already tried to pinch him if they're quadrupling his salary - that MUST have come with a December 53-man roster promise, I would imagine.

I really hope Minnifield can get back to 100% healthy, but those microfracture injuries just never seem to heal all the way.

Yeah, time to cut bait and just draft a solid RT early. We haven't had one of those since Jansen. Time to end the merry-go-round there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.