• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Jammal Brown Hurt Again

One of many experimental iterations ...

Bulldog

The All-Time Great
Reaction score

Read it in the airport on CSN Washington that Brown suffered a setback in the hip after Wednesday's practice and will be getting an MRI in the next day or two.

So much for a silver bullet of help at RT.

Miles Monroe

The Owner's Favorite
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score

Just IR him for cryin out loud....

Redskins coach Mike Shanahan said right tackle Jammal Brown, who is attempting to come back from preseason hip surgery, did not practice today because his hip was sore.

Brown remains on the Physically Unable to Perform list and is being evaluated so the team can decide whether to activate him or place him on the injured reserved list.

Thursday’s practice would have represented Brown’s first practice in pads, but he wasn’t able to do go.

“Obviously, it’s a setback. He couldn’t practice today because he was quite sore. … It was a setback, but we’ll find out shortly how bad it is,” Redskins coach Mike Shanahan said
Full story

McD5

The Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Florida State

On a positive note, Meriweather should be a go this weekend.

Miles Monroe

The Owner's Favorite
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score

Or cut him, and give him an injury settlement, or whatever it takes to end this saga ASAP
agreed!

between him and Garcon's "on again/off again" toe we just need to get these guys off the field
No argument here. Garcon to IR to let his foot heal, and cutting Brown works just fine for me.

SilentThreat

The Owner's Favorite
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score

Ok, we struggle with roster spots but, by my count, we've occupied 4 of them with absolutely zero production.

If it was me, i'd Cut Brown, Banks, Hall, and Put Garcon on IR.

I would then move Paul BACK to WR, and bring in 4 young CBs to let them fight for a job. I would have preferred to do something like this over the bye... but what can ya do. Ashburn would look like a CB summer camp with all the guys i'd have out there running around.

burgold

The Team Captain
Reaction score

Seems to me that Brown will never get hired as a spokesperson to talk about the health benefits of yoga.

Snydershrugged

The Franchise Player
Reaction score

Somewhere a Giants/Cowboys/Eagles fan is holding a B & G Voodoo doll and filling it with needles.

I know it.

Lanky Livingston

Its like the Redskins medical & scouting staffs are the Keystone Cops! Who are these buffoons? I just don't get it.

Burgundy Burner

The Commissioner
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

Virginia

Hearing that Brown tripped over a raindrop. It was bad enough when he saw his own shadow last Feb. 2, but this is a horrible setback.

Elephant

The Commissioner
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

Florida State

Hearing that Brown tripped over a raindrop. It was bad enough when he saw his own shadow last Feb. 2, but this is a horrible setback.
Setback would suggest there was something to go back from...

Lanky Livingston

I just don't understand - the team has given waiver/injury settlements to players with far less injury history than this - they must feel that he's another Anthony Munoz to keep him around for so long. Sheesh!

Neophyte

Super Bowl MVP
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score

Does this really surprise anyone?

Lanky, as to why he is still around, my guess is that it is money and the cap hit he would be after the extension he got a couple years ago.

Lanky Livingston

Does this really surprise anyone?

Lanky, as to why he is still around, my guess is that it is money and the cap hit he would be after the extension he got a couple years ago.
True. I gave BT crap for calling the team out saying we should "wait and see." Well, I'm ready to eat my crow, because we have waited and we have seen. He is a waste of cap room & roster space, no way around it. Sigh.

Bulldog

The All-Time Great
Reaction score

Put Brown down as another McNabb, OJ Atogwe type mistake by the FO.

If you are wondering why we have progressed so slowly, these and other failed or middling moves are the reason.

Picking up the Ravens' roster culls like Josh Wilson and Chris Chester haven't helped much either.

Wilson makes Carlos Rogers look like a Hall of Famer.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Dead Money

, Mike Wise HATE'r
Reaction score

Read it in the airport on CSN Washington that Brown suffered a setback in the hip after Wednesday's practice and will be getting an MRI in the next day or two.

So much for a silver bullet of help at RT.
Whatever already.

And watching Shanny's press conference last night I wouldn't expect anything from Merriweather either. He was visibly uncomfortable when asked about him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Private conversations
Help Users