• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Jack Del Rio - Where Do You Stand?

Should Jack Del Rio continue to be a coach on the Commanders' staff?

• Absolutely not! Fire him - we have enough drama!

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Keep him and let the "dust" settle.

Votes: 10 90.9%

• Total voters

Canadian Hog

2019 BGO Ballers Champ
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
In light of the comments made by Jack Del Rio at practice this week, where do you stand from a football perspective? Have his comments created too big of a distraction? Do you think it will cause a fracture in the locker room? Might we be best off parting ways at this point? Or, do we have to wait it out and let the results on the field speak for themselves? Curious to hear what the group has to say...

Last edited:
I don't think he should be fired, but I don't think I'll be watching much football this year.

Too many things about this team disgust me, and Del Rio is just a cherry on the **** sundae.

Absolutely should NOT be fired ! What will our society look like when your not free to express your own opinions?? People have forgotten that if you don’t like what someone else is saying your free to walk away and tune them out

I think his position here is unenlightened and I doubt very much he wants a real "discussion". Jack doesn't strike me as the kind of guy who listens well, and I get that from both his statements and from watching his defense play. He is arrogant - personally and professionally.

However, that is not grounds for firing the man.

If his defense doesn't show up again to start this season though, I'll be first in line to hand him a pink slip. Just not for his political leanings.

I couldn’t possibly care less about an individual’s political leanings and I fundamentally support everyone’s right to express their views, but…

The defense better be noticeably improved from last season.

This is correct. I actually clicked on this thread thinking it would be about how the defense regressed and what happens this year if they come out of the gate struggling again. If he can’t get his act together on the field, then he will be fired.

My personal opinion is that people put way to much stock into what athletes, coaches, and celebrities in general say about matters that don’t relate to their profession. They are just people and generally their opinions or positions are no better or smarter than the average person you would run into at the grocery store. They are just famous and people put a mic in their face or people follow them on Twitter. Most things I see from those people I usually think are stupid anyway. I’ve never changed my mind or come around on position because some person who is “famous” said something. Now if he wants to convince me a 4-3 is better than a 3-4 or a cover 3 is better than a cover 2, I’ll listen because he has expertise in that field. But things like politics, world events, even lighter topics like movies or music, there is nothing that he or any other coach or athlete would say that would change my mind on the topic.

So if the question is should he be fired because he gave his opinion on something, then no. I don’t think anyone should. He has a job to do and if he can’t do his job, then he should be fired.

I think where I have always ‘lived’ is that one’s political beliefs are multifactorial and they certainly don’t define any of us as humans. But in todays culture there is a compulsion to demonize anyone who holds a different viewpoint.

Whether a stated position is biased, misguided, or just plain dumb or ignorant - shouldn’t matter. It doesn’t warrant the attack of the mob from either end of the spectrum, nor does it make anyone a terrible human. Are there exceptions to that? Sure. If Del Rio were advocating for us to solve world hunger by eating unwanted babies, or came out in support of genital mutilation, or that we should return to the days of slavery, there ARE degrees of severity. But that’s why ‘free speech’ is so prioritized in our country, because ‘severity’ and what *should* happen when a line is perceived to have been crossed is a very slippery slope depending on by whom and how it is being assessed.

We are all a lot more complex (and I believe more worthy as humans) than the stupid statement we might make on occasion. If we were all required to be punished and shamed for every misstep in our lives, there would be time for little else.

Last edited:
Non-story to me, aka nothing burger, he has an opinion, move along

I listened to the entire press conference and the only thing that I took exception to was the minimalization of the events of Jan 6 by characterizing then as a ‘dust up’, which he later apologized for.

Other than that, I thought he made reasonable arguments. The U.S. is so incredibly divided that I doubt that a vast majority would agree that water is wet.

I have put up with a lot as a long-time fan of this team, too much if I’m being honest. If politics are going to bleed into it like it does everything else…it will very easy for me to move along.

I listened to the entire press conference and the only thing that I took exception to was the minimalization of the events of Jan 6 by characterizing then as a ‘dust up’, which he later apologized for.

Other than that, I thought he made reasonable arguments. The U.S. is so incredibly divided that I doubt that a vast majority would agree that water is wet.

I have put up with a lot as a long-time fan of this team, too much if I’m being honest. If politics are going to bleed into it like it does everything else…it will very easy for me to move along.

It’s not always

73AF4CBC-8663-4CE5-8950-E08D7957D397.jpeg

Jack Del Rio is a clown. He obviously was forced to apologize and had zero sincerity in that.

He zero gives a shit how his comments could affect his players.

The Virginia stadium deal is now dead.

Also Jack Del Rio sucks as a defensive coordinator. How long did it take for him to start blitzing last year?

So recapping.

Stubborn. Lacking intelligence. Selfish. Costing his franchise any chance at stadium funding. Sucks at his job.

Yeah. I would fire him. I also believe this would be doing him a favor, so he can start his new career.

Friday night news dump-

”peaceful protests”

I am simply speaking from a football standpoint - if this Del Rio drama is going to hang over the organization's head for a while, we can't afford to keep him on board. If his words are not sitting well with the players and they are something they can't move past, Rivera better recognize that and cut bait sooner rather than later. Either that, or they need to all sit down together and clear the air real good. If it spills over onto the football field and this defense doesn't come to work on Sundays in the Fall, that's too late. It would likely turn into another wasted season when we have assembled our best team in quite some time. As a fan of the football team, that is my concern. One way or the other, this is a time to be proactive and decisive.

Great point, CH.

I have no issues with people having an opinion that differs from mine but if it is going to hurt performance or unit cohesion then JDR is a problem.

Additionally, it might behoove Mr. Del Rio to remember that he works for, and with, minorities who, rightly or wrongly, likely have some strong feelings about things he only thinks he understands.

Last edited:
Welp I’ll be in the minority that thinks this is a ridiculous amount of overkill. Over the f’n top bad when the mob is more worried about a few players feelings over a tweet that was mostly truthful. Honestly, why is the media doing its best to wedge discourse between a coach’s tweet and his players? JDR should not have apologized, once you apologize for “offending” the left they’ll hold you to it til death. Doesn’t even matter if it was truthful or not.

If the team wants to fire JDR for his coaching performance alone then the majority of fans can agree, on that premise alone. But to drive THIS news story over and over is beyond ridiculous. The faux pearl clutching is about as fresh as 3 year old bread.

Maybe someone should remind Ron of this little gem before he condemns his DC for his tweets

1D4E3902-C757-4C9C-B806-654EB42F00B3.jpeg

Last edited:
Ron has become a shell of who he was.

First he showed his belly and surrendered the name
Now he fines his own guy for....speaking his mind?

That is absolutely ridiculous. Jack is 100% right in his opinion, and even more, he should be able to express it. He didn't say anything offensive, racist, or any other woke whatever there is now. The woke culture just doesn't like he said it so they want to try and ruin his life.

Ron needs to stop this nonsense. If the NFL hasn't even fined him, you have zero reason to.

Great point, CH.

I have no issues with people having an opinion that differs from mine but if it is going to hurt performance or unit cohesion then JDR is a problem.

Additionally, it might behoove Mr. Del Rio to remember that he works for, and with, minorities who, rightly or wrongly, likely have some strong feelings about things he only thinks he understands.
What could he be hurting now? It's OTAs and we aren't even hitting yet. If this was during a playoff push I'd support telling him to shut his yapper, but it's not. The players don't even have the playbook.

Jack should never have to worry about someone else's feelings if he's not out to hurt them. If people are too fragile or soft to be able to handle a different opinion their skin color is the least of my worries.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.