• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

is this Oline going to be the anchor for this team

With a projected flap cap or reduction for 2021, definitely cannot overspend, now it could be I just wasn't paying too much attention due to covid in the news but does anyone even know what he was looking for?

Talent means zero if you're not on the field - Scherff is in that category and has been too many times

Agree. I didn’t think they could afford to lose he and Trent, but you can’t pay that kind of money for guys who can’t stay on the field. This latest injury makes me think he will definitely walk. Someone will give him a lot of money to go elsewhere.

With a projected flap cap or reduction for 2021, definitely cannot overspend, now it could be I just wasn't paying too much attention due to covid in the news but does anyone even know what he was looking for?

I BELIEVE the 'starting point' is what he's getting paid on the franchise tag now... $15.03 million.

The cap could fall as far as $23m bringing it to $175m. I don't see ANY team paying him $15m a year unless it's a totally back loaded deal.

You could do 4yr / $60m

$12m signing bonus

2021 - $5m / $3m signing bonus
2022 - $15m / $3m signing bonus
2023 - $13m / $3m signing bonus
2024 - $15m / $3m signing bonus

I don't make this deal personally. It's too rich for my blood and I worry about those inflated numbers for someone who has their issues staying on the field... not necessarily his fault.

When he recently started talking more like he wanted to stay in DC, my interpretation of that subtle change was maybe he and his agent realizing the market is a lot softer than they’d thought. He’s not a top 5 guard even when he is healthy imho.

Last edited:
I dont know why people overpay for guards, you put your money into tackles and then centre because a great centre can mitigate average guards. then you get a solid left guard and a solid right guard and away you go but there is an order to things we just never seem to bother with it

Saahdiq Charles at 6’4”, 320 lbs seems like the perfect guard to me. Unless he’s not impressing so far in practice that is.
Suppose some of recent play could be chalked up to new staff and all, but these guys are pretty awful as a whole.

Saahdiq Charles at 6’4”, 320 lbs seems like the perfect guard to me. Unless he’s not impressing so far in practice that is.
Suppose some of recent play could be chalked up to new staff and all, but these guys are pretty awful as a whole.

I don't hate it. I also don't think anything should be off the table. Put the players in the position needed in order to be the most effective. Don't put a square peg in a round hole (see 20 years of converting college DE to stand up OLB) but see what a guy excels at and use it. It's basic schematic philosophy that we've lacked for a LONG LONG time.

the thing aboput Oline is that usually of a tackle fails he can still be a serviceable guard if he failed because of a lack of quick enough feet or mobility. but if the problem is weakness or lack of explosiveness then they usually just fade away. Olinemen sometimes take a season or two to acclimate but the truly good ones are usually pretty good right off the bat and then only get better. you know within a short p[eriod if an Olinemen is gonna be worth it or not. if a guy cant break into the lineup when that lineup is terrible, you pretty much know they are going to be a second stringer at best with a low chance to start.

charles needs to get on the field, or they need to move on. if he cant beat out christian or martin he shouldnt be on the team

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.