• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Is Tannehill a reach at #6?

Is Tannehill a reach at #6 or a reach anywhere in the 1st round?

• Good pick at #6

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Good pick lower in the first round

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • Reach at #6

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Reach anywhere in the 1st Round

Votes: 6 28.6%

• Total voters
If we can't get The Man this year, count me among those fans who would be OK bringing Rex back. While he had issues and will never be a franchise QB, he had this team within a hair's breadth of 9 wins which would have been good enough for the Giants' spot in the playoffs. I think you can easily argue that with another draft like last year's, better play calling (like we saw the last 5 games or so) and the return of a number of this year's injured players, Rex is good enough to get this team to the playoffs.

What I don't want to see is the coaching staff and front office reach for a replacement and botch it. In my opinion, that would be worse than what we saw this season. I want them to continue to draft guys who are solid character guys and represent good value at the position they are drafted. If that means another year of Rex, so be it.

Having said that, I would be willing to trade a lot for a shot at RGIII.

I would rather have David Garrard, Matt Flynn even Chad Henne whether than bring Grossman back. I know we are in the middle of trying to rebuild that doesn't mean we have to stand pat at QB until we get "The Man" at QB. I am like most of you guys I would give up #1 and #2 this year and #1 and #3 next year for RG3, you would think that would be enough. I would sign one of the guys above in free agency and draft the best QB available in either of the first two rounds. Unless we have a dominant #1 defense and the best KR/PR in NFL history (neither which we have) the ceiling of our team with Rex at QB is still a losing record. I am not okay with that.

I think we'd all 'like' to have someone, anyone back there other than Grossman. But how does having Garrard or Henne or any other journeyman QB back there? I don't count Flynn because I don't think if we brought him in, it would be at a cost that we'd assume he was going to be the long-term guy, or at least be given a serious opportunity to prove he could be. But for those other kinds of QBs you referenced, other than your fan enjoyment, seriously - how does bringing in one of those guys help this team progress in any way?

I'm not trying to be argumentative (swear!), I'm really curious how that helps us?

I would rather have David Garrard, Matt Flynn even Chad Henne whether than bring Grossman back. I know we are in the middle of trying to rebuild that doesn't mean we have to stand pat at QB until we get "The Man" at QB. I am like most of you guys I would give up #1 and #2 this year and #1 and #3 next year for RG3, you would think that would be enough. I would sign one of the guys above in free agency and draft the best QB available in either of the first two rounds. Unless we have a dominant #1 defense and the best KR/PR in NFL history (neither which we have) the ceiling of our team with Rex at QB is still a losing record. I am not okay with that.

Funny to quote myself... Just bare with me. Another losing season in DC= Shanahan gone.

Funny to quote myself... Just bare with me. Another losing season in DC= Shanahan gone.

I was thinking about this last night. It might not be a totally fair or an even comparison, but look at what Jim Harbaugh has just done in San Francisco:

Last year? Mike Singletary coached that team to 6-10.

This year? 13-3 with basically the same players. That's what great coaching can do for a club.

I'm not seeing it here. We are hundreds of miles behind the best teams.

Carlos here? Dysfunctional at times. There? Pro-bowler.

It's safe to say that SF has more of a player's coach than we do. That defense for the 49ers is outstanding. High school coaches could show that game to teach his players how to tackle.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

I think we'd all 'like' to have someone, anyone back there other than Grossman. But how does having Garrard or Henne or any other journeyman QB back there? I don't count Flynn because I don't think if we brought him in, it would be at a cost that we'd assume he was going to be the long-term guy, or at least be given a serious opportunity to prove he could be. But for those other kinds of QBs you referenced, other than your fan enjoyment, seriously - how does bringing in one of those guys help this team progress in any way?

I'm not trying to be argumentative (swear!), I'm really curious how that helps us?

I think that is what these blogs are all about, discussion, we aren't going to agree on everything. I think we just need to continue getting better and I think any of those QBs above will help us do that over Rex. I am willing to give up four picks for RG3 but if we miss we still need to upgrade the QB situation.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.