• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

IP being blocked

DixieFlatline

BGO NFL Pickem Champ 2021
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Alma Mater
William and Mary
I think I've seen this before. This morning I started getting this error. I use a VPN and was going through a server in Charlotte. If I turn off the VPN, I don't have a problem. I tried a server in Manassas, Va with the same problem. Going through Atlanta I was ok. 99% of the time I'm using the Charlotte server. It's odd to say access from my country is disabled since in all cases, it's still the US. Any ideas? Is an IP ranged on the black list?

1670361484450.png

I can whitelist the IP (if you want me to whitelist the other one, please provide). Not sure why it thinks you are accessing from a blocked country? We have some locations blocked because they are on top spammer/hacker lists. Could be your server is actually using servers located outside the country. Whitelisting should take care of it.

That IP should work now, let me know.

Spoke too soon Boone. Popped up again today. Same IP except for the last digit. I tried multiple different servers and was hitting the same issue. I'll post those IPs too for your information although I don't usually use those servers. Could it be it's somehow realizing I'm coming through a VPN that is causing the problem? I've seen some bank websites I use that have issues when I have the VPN turned on. Until recently, I had to turn it off to get to log into Verizon.

Charlotte
1670595760422.png

Manassas
1670595937980.png

New York
1670595954305.png

Atlanta (this worked the other day)
1670596002882.png

The problem is, if it is selecting a random IP every time not sure what I can do? I can whitelist multiple IPs or if there is a range I believe I can whitelist a range. Why is it showing a different location every time?

The problem is, if it is selecting a random IP every time not sure what I can do? I can whitelist multiple IPs or if there is a range I believe I can whitelist a range. Why is it showing a different location every time?
I'm guessing the first two numbers will be the same whenever you go through the same server, but the last two are randomly assigned depending on how many people are currently using that server. For example, I suspect Charlotte's IPs will always start with 5.182. so if you could do a mask/range for 5.182.*.* that would likely work. I don't know how you set that whitelist, but I've been able to use '*' on some routers I've had to accept any value there.

I’ll look at it this evening

Thanks. I'm going through Florida, so I'm good for now. :)

I have whitelisted the ranges for those IPs. Hopefully that solves it for you. If not you may need to figure it out on your end.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.