• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

I'm Giving This Organization Until The End Of Next Season.....And Then No More

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding Henry's post (Harrison Ford shout-out!), I agree. I will add that I do think one of a lot of our favorite past times contributes to the problem. No, not masterba... ahem. Fantasy Football. If you think the NFL doesn't care about a multi billion dollar gambling revenue source, you're nuts. And people don't want to win fantasy games 76-65, they want to win 143-129. I have been playing FFL for over ten years now, and the scores continue to go up and up and up, and the rule changes are couched in terms of player safety and Henry pointed out so well, but are really about other things, namely improving offensive efficiency, for a variety of reasons.

Hate to say it, but it's not going to return to the "Good Ole Days" anytime soon.

Any "game" that has Redskin fans rooting for Giant, Eagle and Cowboy players to play well is fatally flawed to me.

McD5.......I'm not disagreeing in total with your points on the staff. Haslett SHOULD be looked at very closely. Om put together a whole piece a couple/few years ago about how mediocre Haslett has been during the course of his career. This isn't new information. Truth is, though, they played much tighter the second half of last season and this year we have some playmakers. Once those guys figure out how to MAKE the plays consistently, we may have a shot.......bad scheme be damned.

In the end, though, blowing the team up again probably isn't the answer. Not one of us have any idea where the next "genius" will come from and Gibbs's don't fall from trees. As a team, the Redskins have to persevere....and we as true fans have to as well. That's life and football. If you want to complain about how they're coaching and playing....that's totally cool. But to throw around threats that you'll stop being a fan...well...that's just immature. You said it yourself, you're a day trader and if you put your head in the sand you'll lose big. So, why would you do that here? I don't think you would in the end. You're just as stuck on this team as we are.....

.....aren't you?

A lot on defense is beyond any coordinators control.

Before the opener the defense lost Carriker, Thomas and Robinson for the season.

Jenkins and Jackson key starters on the run to the playoffs last year were suspended.

Josh Wilson came back from multiple surgeries a diminished player.

Brandon Meriweather took longer than expected to get back on the field.

And you have two vets in Hall and Fletcher that are clearly not what they were two or three years ago.

So, what coordinator is supposed to come out of the gate with this unit humming along?

In the vein of Henry's post, the NFL is turning more and more into one big commercial - its crap. DeAngelo Hall's post game interviews were shut down because he had a Lacoste logo on his polo shirt. Yes.

DeAngelo Hall, the NFL and shirt logos

thats why I stopped playing FF. I would end up with half a dozen skins players and matter what bum or vagiant was available he was NEVER selected by me.

I refuse to have a dallass, giant, or iggle player on my ffb team.

Fair enough....

God forbid if one of us doesn't think that Shanny and this coaching staff are the answer.

Breaking News: Zorn, Blatche and Danny Smith sucked too. But Shanny, with no playoff wins in a decade is going to lead us to domination with Jim Haslett? Got it.

Problem I have with your post has nothing to do with this statement. PERSONALLY I don't agree with you. I think Shanny has done an amazing job looking at the big picture of this franchise, and he's been handed a steaming pile for his efforts from the league as well as the fanbase.

The problem I have with this is a post of jumping ship. You're not going to leave.. if you were serious about leaving you would have. You would have walked away. You wouldn't have gotten on a soap box pressing your opinions on everyone on this board so you can get attention.... You'll give them til next season? Seriously? You claim to be a fan yet you give "your team" an ultimatum? There is NOTHING this team can do to cause me to stop rooting for them. They've pissed me off, they've embarrassed the hell out of me, they've brought in players that are almost IMPOSSIBLE to root for... but I root for the WASHINGTON REDSKINS.

High school girls and elementary kids determine the team they root for based on the colors of their jerseys.. not Redskins Nation. WE are deeper then that. Life long bonds I've built are because of this franchise. Lasting memories and stories I'll tell my grandkids, and great grandkids, are because of this franchise, and I know I'm not alone. How bout you ask the Browns/Bengals/Lions how they're trophy case looks, and how their franchise has been run.. You wanna threaten US that you're gonna leave? HA. I'm surprised there are this many posts in response... I have no problem with rants, I even can handle pointless whining, but threatening to stop being a fan.. aint gonna hurt my feelings.

Problem I have with your post has nothing to do with this statement. PERSONALLY I don't agree with you. I think Shanny has done an amazing job looking at the big picture of this franchise, and he's been handed a steaming pile for his efforts from the league as well as the fanbase.

The problem I have with this is a post of jumping ship. You're not going to leave.. if you were serious about leaving you would have. You would have walked away. You wouldn't have gotten on a soap box pressing your opinions on everyone on this board so you can get attention.... You'll give them til next season? Seriously? You claim to be a fan yet you give "your team" an ultimatum? There is NOTHING this team can do to cause me to stop rooting for them. They've pissed me off, they've embarrassed the hell out of me, they've brought in players that are almost IMPOSSIBLE to root for... but I root for the WASHINGTON REDSKINS.

High school girls and elementary kids determine the team they root for based on the colors of their jerseys.. not Redskins Nation. WE are deeper then that. Life long bonds I've built are because of this franchise. Lasting memories and stories I'll tell my grandkids, and great grandkids, are because of this franchise, and I know I'm not alone. How bout you ask the Browns/Bengals/Lions how they're trophy case looks, and how their franchise has been run.. You wanna threaten US that you're gonna leave? HA. I'm surprised there are this many posts in response... I have no problem with rants, I even can handle pointless whining, but threatening to stop being a fan.. aint gonna hurt my feelings.

Agreed.. What's the point?
Don't let the door hit ya, where the good Lord split ya! :ciao:

Hey guys, we really don't need any help running good members off. And McD5 is a good member. I think he's been sufficiently pummeled in this thread. This really isn't a 'angry mob' kind of a place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.