• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

I'm Giving This Organization Until The End Of Next Season.....And Then No More

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hear ya...was kind of surprised by this thread - timing seems odd too coming off a win, ugly or not. Oh well, McD5 is a big boy :)

McD5, as Bill Clinton once said "I feel your pain".

Not jumping ship. I just firmly believe that Shanahan is mediocre as a coach, talent evaluator, and team organizer. I know he walked into a mess, but he's in year four. Haslett is his decision. Slowik is his decision. Our Sts are ultimately his responsibility. RG3 looking like 60% off himself is also partially due to his decisions.

I'm giving him until the end of next year, once he's had a chance to emerge from the Mara bs to see how he improves the roster.

I hear ya...was kind of surprised by this thread - timing seems odd too coming off a win, ugly or not. Oh well, McD5 is a big boy :)

Definitely thick-skinned here. No worries.

I know people are pissed. I am too. I just don't see this coaching staff as ever giving us a real shot to do anything.

So Henry, I guess you aren't getting ramped up to watch the Bills-Browns game on Thursday.....or not staying up until 1130 pm on Sunday night for SD-Oakland?

Agree 100 pct with what you said about the league, and what's sad is the large amount of fans who are just shrugging their collective shoulders and buying into it. Going to a game anymore is embarrassing, as fans scream for a flag on the most marginal of hits. And the mediocrity is another story, with the Skins performance so far this year not looked at on its own merits, but rather with the caveat "We're still in it in the crappy NFC East."

When Dallas comes to FedEx in late December and if we already have eight losses but are somehow still in the hunt, I'd be hard pressed to actually drag myself to the game. One still has to have standards.

McD5 - Shanahan could easily have been coach of the year last year. Shanahan isn't perfect, but you (and others) are really giving him zero credit, for anything. We were NFC champions last year. We may be again this year, it's hardly over. You dont think Shanahan had anything to do with our success last year?

McD5 - Shanahan could easily have been coach of the year last year. Shanahan isn't perfect, but you (and others) are really giving him zero credit, for anything. We were NFC champions last year. We may be again this year, it's hardly over. You dont think Shanahan had anything to do with our success last year?

I just have to really try and give fair marks. My job--trading stocks, requires a very level-headed, honest evaluation at all times. If I buy a bad stock and put my head in the sand, I can lose a lot of money.

I give Shanahan credit for the playoff run. I give RG3 more credit for the playoff run. I reduce some of that credit for Shanahan by playing RG3 too long. And I have to assign some of these losses this season on the carryover of that decision.

When I step back and look at Shanahan's record (and lack of a single playoff win) over the last ten years, combined with Haslett's record, and Slowik's record......I just don't see it as a recipe for any type of real success. We can ask things of these coaches that they haven't been able to do in the last decade, but we may be asking too much.

Honestly, I don't give anyone on the staff near as much credit for what happened last year as I do Kyle Shannahan. The most beneficial thing Mike did all year last year was to take the reins off of his son. Here we all were thinking Kyle was a terrible playcaller, and when he was given the freedom to run the offense he wanted to run since daddy's system was stinking it up, we went on a tear and started to kick ass and take names.

As far as this season's problem, it's a lot of factors. Haslett is worthless as a DC. Nothing anyone can say will ever be able to take away from that, and I think it's finally gotten to be a unanimous agreement there. Our entire defense sucks at tackling, even Fletcher now as much as it hurts to accept that reality. He should do the team a favor and sit it out, and I'm one of his biggest supporters. he just doesn't have it anymore and that saddens me.

Fred Davis and Brian Orakpo are both wastes of money. So is Meriweather. They all need to go. The fact orakpo finally had a good game means nothing until he gets consistent. Rob Jackson's performance in his absence last year impressed me far more than anything Orakpo has ever done here.

As much as I wanna puke in my mouth for saying it, DeAngelo Hall isn't as worthless as I feared he would be. He still sucks at coverage, but he has been a superstar for us overall so far in comparison, something I never thought I would say.

Lastly, I don't know if it's something going on with Griff, or if it's the staff, but he will not use his legs like he should. Many times he has had a perfect opportunity, and just refused to take it. The fact they were all on read option plays makes me think he has no faith in his knee. He looks like he's playing scared. I completely get it, but if you aren't 100%, which he clearly is not, he has no business being a part of the problem and needs to sit until he's willing to tuck it in and do what he does once in a while.

Ex, Orakpo isn't great, but he's okay.

$6 million a year for Joshua Morgan might deserve more of a wtf.

got to agree with you on that.

but, the Janet Jackson principle does come into play sooner or later! as an analyst - here's what's hard to break out: how much of what we are seeing is due to coaching and how much is due to poor player selection/lack of talent and the cap hit.

I'll say this... don't HTTR after bashing them like a Cowboys fan. AND.. I'm 44 years old too... yes, I've cussed them on game day, the draft, stupid retarded free agent signings, 3 and 13 seasons and countless other cluster**** things during the Cerrato/Synder reign of terror... BUT I'm a Redskins fan no matter what!

IF nobody has said it yet... good riddance and don't wait until next year.

I'll say this... don't HTTR after bashing them like a Cowboys fan. AND.. I'm 44 years old too... yes, I've cussed them on game day, the draft, stupid retarded free agent signings, 3 and 13 seasons and countless other cluster**** things during the Cerrato/Synder reign of terror... BUT I'm a Redskins fan no matter what!

IF nobody has said it yet... good riddance and don't wait until next year.

Fair enough....

God forbid if one of us doesn't think that Shanny and this coaching staff are the answer.

Breaking News: Zorn, Blatche and Danny Smith sucked too. But Shanny, with no playoff wins in a decade is going to lead us to domination with Jim Haslett? Got it.

Why didn't you quit then?

Two were fired, and one had a nervous breakdown in the middle off the season.

With their departures, we were continuing to try and get better. If we once again try to get better by replacing this current staff, I'll be satisfied.

This coaching staff isn't going anywhere. It's silly to believe they will. And they aren't accountable for our years of frustration. They've made some mistakes but also done a lot right. Deciding to give up after a huge blow to our QB's health and being hamstring with the cap, it makes no sense.

I agree Boone although I think the writing might finally be on the wall for Haslett....at least I hope so!

It would be hard for me to justify abandoning the team when they had the salary cap penalty forced on them. Ive always taken the perspective of these two seasons as "hope for the best" years. Last season was a dream, this one isnt. I cant judge until the playing field is even again. That said..... LEARN TO TACKLE AND BLOCK YA DORKS!

Neo - you had me right up to "soccer"! lol

Give it a chance, Al. Do what I did...watch some of the US World Cup matches next summer. That is a team it should be easy for you to get behind and care for. It was me. I streamed the first couple of US matches into my office during the work day and somewhere after the third one I caught myself watching the English team, the German team, the Spanish team and some of the South American teams. By the elimination rounds I watching every game I could get. I wasn't a soccer fan and had not played since I was like 12 years old.

Spent the Packers game floating on the Patuxent River watching the fast boats of OPA Racing | Race Teams of OPA. enjoyed a hell of a day.

Sure, much disappointment in hearing the Skins got clobbered but it did nothing more than lead to anticipation for the next game looking for improvement.

Gave up being overly concerned about the organization of the team long ago, quite simply because I know that I have absolutely no control over those matters.

I will say that the current regime has the team further a long than it's been in decades and agree that a few miscues have occurred during their tenure but overall it is better and I'm optimistic that it will continue along that path.

Don't think that massive changes would provide anything more than media fodder and a do over attempt to fix something that might not be broken to begin with.

All I can do realistically is choose to watch the games or not, most times I choose to watch and admittedly with great passion, suffering the losses and getting that 'feel good' with the wins.....it is addictive.

We fans have all lived through the exhilarating times of this team's successes and sufferance of the failures, most of us have managed to survive without blowing a gasket.

Too bad some of us haven't, for those I feel little to no sympathy for and suggest getting the head bolts torqued to spec, too many other choices out there....spread the passion if the need be but remember that it is entertainment after all.

Give it a chance, Al. Do what I did...watch some of the US World Cup matches next summer. That is a team it should be easy for you to get behind and care for. It was me. I streamed the first couple of US matches into my office during the work day and somewhere after the third one I caught myself watching the English team, the German team, the Spanish team and some of the South American teams. By the elimination rounds I watching every game I could get. I wasn't a soccer fan and had not played since I was like 12 years old.

My problem is finding a team I can root for. Same problem I have with college football - its fun to watch, I just can't get into it because I don't have a rooting interest like I do with the Redskins. Football culture at my school was in its infancy when I was there, so I never caught "the fever." Its the same thing with soccer...when the USMNT plays, I'm all-in because its the US. But picking a premiere league team? Tough. I have some friends who are hard core Arsenal fans...I guess I could start there. I'm tired of rooting for losers, maybe I'll pick the awesome team this time, lol. ;)

EDIT: However, soccer is 10x as corrupt as football will ever be, so its like trading a punch in the gut for a punch in the face. Lol.

Eh, we're all somewhat masochists right? Otherwise we'd all have a different team.

When we're back to full cap and draft pick mode I figure the good times will roll.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.