• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

I'd Fire Shanahan Right Now

If Sean Peyton goes anywhere other than back to Saints, he will end up in Dallas. He has a home there and Jerrah likes him.

Hopefully Jerry still has a woody for Norv.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

If Sean Peyton goes anywhere other than back to Saints, he will end up in Dallas. He has a home there and Jerrah likes him.

Jerry would have to radically change his idea of how to pay a head coach for Payton to come to Dallas. At least that is what I currently think.

He paid Parcells. Every once in awhile Jerry will fork over the cash as long as he gets to sit next to the phone in the War Room on draft day.

Random guy at Muir Beach overlook in the San Francisco Bay area, after seeing my Redskins hat: "you guys need an offensive coordinator!"

"Offensive Coordinator"? Has he watched much of our games?

Rak isnt a great all around player but he was very quick, had great strength and whil he wasnt a polished pass rusher, he did collapse the pocket often through brute strength. with nobody else doing that now, teams can slide protection towards kerrigan and like kdawg said if we dont move him around, its easy to scheme him out

With all due respect, sincerely. Let's defend our loser coaches. "In Shanny I trust! I've heard of Raheem Morris before"

Raheem Morris is Jim Zorn. He is crap. Literally, a complete joke. You can't find worse.

I understand we are a pretty stupid organization, and I mean that kindly.

Many of our fans will believe anything that is told to them. We have some of the most gullible fans in the country. "This year is different."

I just pray that great things happen to us. We have some exceptional supporters on this board. How about a little more pleasure, and a little less pain?

How about someone with an iq over 5?

Last edited:
With all due respect, sincerely. Let's defend our loser coaches. "In Shanny I trust! I've heard of Raheem Morris before"

Raheem Morris is Jim Zorn. He is crap. Literally, a complete joke. You can't find worse.

I understand we are a pretty stupid organization, and I mean that kindly.

Many of our fans will believe anything that is told to them. We have some of the most gullible fans in the country. "This year is different."

I just pray that great things happen to us. We have some exceptional supporters on this board. How about a little more pleasure, and a little less pain?

How about someone with an iq over 5?

McD, I get your pain man. I really do. But as Henry has said, to fire any coach mid season shows incredible instability and hot headedness from the owner. There are owners that could get away with it easily because they have a reputation for being patient and successful. Dan Snyder is NOT one of those owners. He can decide right now that he will be firing Shanny in the off season, but he better not do it now.

We would be stuck with mediocre talent at the head coach spot for years. Shanahan is a legend in the NFL, so any up and coming coach with multiple offers is not going to want to go to the franchise that canned a coach mid season. Besides, with the Mara penalties, it's not like we are going to be able to make massive changes for a new coach.

If the team shows NO improvement at all over the remaining seven games, then yeah, I think you probably have to fire Shanahan and the staff. I don't think that will happen though. My worst nightmare is that we show enough improvement here and there to tease us all into complacency that things are on the right track. I hope it is more definitive than that, one way or the other.

"Offensive Coordinator"? Has he watched much of our games?

Yeah, I'd guess so. He watched a team with a top 3 RB in the NFL give the ball to Brandon Banks in the red zone. Twice!

Kyle is awful.

Yes this team is 3-6 because banks gets the ball in the red zone.

that isnt the sole reason but it sure does make you wonder why we run end arounds with the smallest guy on both teams instead of smashing it up the gut with a RB who will fall forward 3-5 yards.
I agree. But calling out individual offensive play calls when the other side of the ball is on pace for worst in nfl history is laughable.

Yes there are questionable calls on offense. But we have real scheme and personnel issues on defense...

More the reason Bank's roster spot should be occupied by potential defensive help. He is useless to us.

be honest though, how tired are you of seeing him get the ball on a 3rd down?

I know I am..and its not just an individual play either. it seems to be almost in the playcalling that they give him the ball then. Im sure they see his is "fast" but he isnt anymore. the guy has lost all surprise and speed, and now he is just Randle El part deux but smaller.

Oh I'm tired of him being on the roster. His only advantage was he was fast - once every team learned that it became easy to stop him on special teams, just stay in your lane and hit him if he decides to come your way.

He can't break a tackle, not even an arm tackle. He has to go 2-3 steps further out of the way than anyone else on the field because he knows he can't break even a poor arm tackle, which means lanes that someone with size would hit (paul for example) are not suitable for banks.

He's had a few nice runs here and there but he's not reliable, or frankly he just flat out isn't good enough, to be more than a trick play kind of guy.

I just think blaming the record and state of the team on them trying to get banks more involved is a bit... dumb. Kyle Shanahan is far down my list of things that need to be 'fixed'. Far down...

It's the personnel folks. This is Year 3 and yet Griffin and Morris came in as rookies and look like the only players that have any enthusiasm as well as talent.

Remember when many thought a rookie qb would hold this team back in the summer?

It's the other way around.

There isn't enough talent still to compete.

Nonsense. In the past few years we've seen offensive powerhouses not only win, but make the superbowl with sub par to horrible defensive play. With the weapons we have on offense, there is no excuse for the ineptitude. And a struggling defense is MORE reason to hand the ball off to our top 3 NFL RB, not less! Keep the defense off the damn field!

So sick of the excuses for Kyle. He's awful!

This team is 3-6 because they don't scheme well offensively. Holding Atlanta to 24 points should have been enough. Carolina should have been a blowout! They should have beaten Pittsburgh with a solid dose of Morris, over and over.

So yes, Kyle is near the top of my list of things to fix.

In order to win in this league with only offense, you need to be ELITE. Not only do you need to be ELITE but you need to do it, and do it fast.

The reason these offensive happy teams are winning, and their defense is ranked so low is somewhat misleading. They're winning because they score just about every time they touch the ball. They get out early and teams pile up junk yards while trying to keep up, giving statistical impression that their defenses are poor based on yards allowed. Teams like New Orleans and Green Bay have won this way but we are nowhere near them.

Kyle's playcalling has thrown me in different directions this year. At times, it's outstanding, then at other times it's leaves a lot to be wondered. In the first 4 or 5 games, we had scored Tds something like 11 out of 12 times we had gotten inside the 10 yard line. We were running Qb draws, and that bad@$$ sprint right pass to Santana in the flat that i'm still yet to see covered. I dont know why he got away from it. In the last couple weeks we've seen Bricscoe, Young, and Banks targeted in that area, instead of going with what got you there.. i dont get it.

I've heard grumblings that Morris was favoring a minor leg problem in the second half this past weekend, nothing severe but Shanny said that's why Banks got the ball down there.

Im not going to say it's all on Kyle, but I can tell you that when it's 1st and Goal from the 2, 1st down is Royster hitting the A-gap. 2nd down is going to be that sprint right to Santana in the flat. If it get's to 3rd down, i'm running Griffin on a boot left, with a pass option, not a designed run from the 8. And if necessary on 4th down in the first 2 quarters, i'm taking the points.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.