• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

I could watch this every week for the rest of my life Americans Game Redskins 1991

That was the best football team the Redskins ever fielded...one of the best teams to win a Super Bowl. There simply were no weaknesses.

That was the best football team the Redskins ever fielded...one of the best teams to win a Super Bowl. There simply were no weaknesses.
some chump in the comments was trying to say that the Bills were a better team lol that team was the best TEAM in history, not a bunch of HOF players, just a good bunch of guys who played hard and understood the game mixed with a couple HOF players

This may be blasphemous, but during the playoffs last year, I found myself semi-adopting the Tennessee Titans. Something about the way they played the game ... solid fundamentals, strong up front on both sides of the LOS, relentless ground game, timely play-action ... you know. It reminded me of something.

That formula can still work. They don't run up against a transcendental talent in Mahomes, and who knows ... you might have seen two teams built on fundamental football in the Super Bowl.

Me too Mark. On a side note, the NFL restricting sharing of all NFL videos is soooooo stupid. Get with the 21st century Goodell!

Reactions: Om
Rypein was sacked 7 times the entire season that year. The O only allowed 9 total.

The defense recorded 50.

That is just unreal.

I agree that the 91' team is the best Redskins team ever fielded. They were a machine. I have all three of the Super Bowl DVDs in this series. They take me back to a good time and place.

On a side note: I've maintained for years that the 83' team that lost the Super Bowl to the Raiders was the best team we had prior to the 91' team. They just didn't finish.

Rypein was sacked 7 times the entire season that year. The O only allowed 9 total.

The defense recorded 50.

That is just unreal.
Then take a look at the turnover ratio...it was over 20. I tried to get the exact number from NFL.com but could not find the fumbles we lost.

We had 40 turnovers recovered on defense, 27 int's and 13 fumble recoveries.

We threw 11 Int's. Like I said, I cannot find the exact fumbles lost #.

THAT was the true Capital Defense.

El - 12 fumbles lost on the season per Pro Football Reference. PFR
That would put the turnover ratio at 17. I thought it was a lot more than that...like record numbers. Maybe it was the 1983 team that lost to the Raiders that had the record.

Last edited:
Statistically and dominating I believe only the Rams team that won it was better

RB with 1000 yards
RB with 680 yards
2 WRs with 1000 yards

That team was the best one for me to watch. Just never thought we were out of a game. Even with the 2 losses.

Maybe it was the 1983 team that lost to the Raiders that had the record.

Just keep poking the wound..... looks like you are correct though. Skins had 18 turnovers and their opponents had 61 in the 83' season. WOW! A difference of 43 for you math wizes out there.

We had 7 fumbles and 11 interceptions. We recovered 27 fumbles and made 34 interceptions. Crazy numbers.

Last edited:
Just keep poking the wound..... looks like you are correct though. Skins had 18 turnovers and their opponents had 61 in the 83' season. WOW! A difference of 43 for you math wizes out there.

We had 7 fumbles and 11 interceptions. We recovered 27 fumbles and made 34 interceptions. Crazy numbers.
That's crazy. Had we won that game, Gibbs would still be considered greatest coach of all time.

But we didn't - mainly because Gibbs made a rare mistake, calling for a sideline screen pass deep in our end of the field that the Rayduhs picked off and waltzed into the end zone. I knew it was over right then.

Last edited:
But we didn't - mainly because Gibbs made a rare mistake, calling for a sideline screen pass deep in our end of the field that the Rams picked off and waltzed into the end zone. I knew it was over right then.
The Rams?

That was just one play, Flores was interviewed about that play and a couple others that Gibbs did not change from the first time they met in the thriller that Joe Washington caught the game winning TD.

Howie Long commented on it too, saying they felt like they knew what we were going to do on every play.

Gibbs was simply out coached.

Rams? I'm talking about the Raiders - maybe I'm confused. Trying to post and work at the same time :)

None other than Steve Tasker said "in every game there are always one or two plays that you say, maybe this coulda gone diferent...but that game? That was the best team I ever saw." No argument here.

The Rams?

That was just one play, Flores was interviewed about that play and a couple others that Gibbs did not change from the first time they met in the thriller that Joe Washington caught the game winning TD.

Howie Long commented on it too, saying they felt like they knew what we were going to do on every play.

Gibbs was simply out coached.

By Tom Flores? Permission to disagree. We got caught in a perfect storm of s**t that day. Nine times out of ten we beat the Raiders going away. Oh well. We didn't, and that's that. Living as I do now in the heart of Raidah-ville, and still bitter as I am, it's hard to forget lol.

Personal note: every big game of that dynasty came with no little amount of anxiety; the Skins played some tough teams in that era, and didn't always win. THAT game, though, was different. My two best friends and I threw a SB party, overloaded the house, tvs in every room, etc etc. I was never at any point concerned about the outcome. Somehow I KNEW we were going to win that game. To this day one of the most enjoyable memories of my life. HTTR forever.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.