• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Heavy Price for that win.

Cycleans

The Starter
Reaction score
Ahhhhhhh:wall: Hope RG3 didn't get hurt enough to miss him for games. I thought Skins should have ran more in the second half. Morris was like 15-90 at or near the half. Rice had similiar stats. Strange how the 2nd half worked out with both guys. :bobby2:

Cousins is no RG3. But I have confidence he can take us the rest of the way.
Like RG3, he has tremendous poise for his age and experience. Even his mobility is better than the average QB. As long as we get average protection from our line, Cousins will be fine. And the blessing in disguise will be that Cousins should play well enough to audition for a good trade in the near future.

This injury was bound to happen eventually. No-one here should have been shocked or surprised by it. We should have prepared for it. And thankful that Shanahan prepared for this as well, by picking an excellent insurance policy in round 4

That was about the textbook definition of Pyrrhic victory.

I don't care how bad or good this injury is, I still want to see Griffin take next week off. This season has been awesome, but he is the future of this franchise. I would rather lose outright than lose him for longer than 3 games.

Having so many knee injuries over the years, the replay looks like a hyperextension to me. He'll be back with a brace next week, not as bad as it looks. he'll be fine. Positivity people.

I don't care how bad or good this injury is, I still want to see Griffin take next week off. This season has been awesome, but he is the future of this franchise. I would rather lose outright than lose him for longer than 3 games.

Easy....some people said the same about Garçon.

Yeah I'm with you her El. He hyper-extended that wheel of his pretty bad. Barring a miraculous healing, I think its wise to game plan for Cousins and give the kid a break. He was hobbling before the hit that put him out, he's taken too many shots and could use the rest at this point. A couple weeks off his feet might do wonders.

I'm sad that he made the choice to cut back infield when he could have just run it out and gotten about the same yardage. Kid's heart is undeniable I just hope he takes care of himself better in the future.

Great game, Better Win. Hail!

So no intel on how bad it is yet? Either way let Cpt Kirk roll next week. No tape on him for the brownies, i like our chances.

RG3 said the x-ray was negative. MRI tomorrow.

Said he's had an MCL and this wasn't an MCL. Said the trainers thought all the ligaments were in good shape, but MRI will tell.

Said, if it's just a 'bruise', he'll play next week.

Superman.
I sure hope he's right. Either way playing the Browns next week I'd rest him.

Playoffs this year mean nothing if we lose Griffin for a season! Rest him next week no matter what.

I was a huge proponent of the trade to get this kid. It was a huge cost and this was the scenario that scared me most. If it is even a close call, I would rest him the remainder of the season if it is more than just a minor strain.

I am grateful to have him on my team and I do not want to jeopardize the future of this franchise for a playoff appearance this year. I am thinking long run. He will take us to Super Bowls, I am convinced of it, but not if he can't get on the field!

Not necessarily. At this point, every game is still a must-win, in order to have a decent shot at the playoffs. If he's 80% or better, I still play him. Yes.....even against the Browns, who are not to be underestimated.

I may be going against the grain here-but in the light of even the chance of a more serious injury suffered by his going again too quickly, as in spending next season on IR after we get Rak and Carriker back and whatever we manage to fix with the draft and FA, I'd rather rest him even if the MRI shows only a hyperextension until he's able to go with a minimal risk-even if necessary skipping both the Browns and Eagles game. I've seen little of Cousins but what I have seen doesn't look terrible as a replacement QB.

A shot at a Wild card still wouldn't be completely out of the question-I'm not writing off the Browns or Eagles even with Cousins under center-and I'd definitely want Griff around when our D gets shored up a a couple of offensive holes get plugged next season.

Gee, I think I'll wait to see what the diagnosis is.

yep... i'm not going to be making a snap judgement. If he injured something seriously... he wouldn't have been standing on the sideline under his own power watching the game... they would have made more of an attempt to get him to the locker room.

he also made it very clear that he came off the field because he didn't think he gave the team the best chance of winning in that moment... he's going to have the same mentality over the next 6 days while approaching it.. he's going to do what's best for the team.

That's not necessarily true ST. Some guys have higher thresholds for pain than others and knee injuries can be tricky. I hope it's nothing and he can be back next week to continue his quest for Rookie of the Year and push us closer to the playoffs. But if there is any glimpse of anything here, we must err on the side of caution.

That's not necessarily true ST. Some guys have higher thresholds for pain than others and knee injuries can be tricky. I hope it's nothing and he can be back next week to continue his quest for Rookie of the Year and push us closer to the playoffs. But if there is any glimpse of anything here, we must err on the side of caution.

i'm saying that if the trainers thought it was extremely serious, they would have gotten him off of it.. if the knee felt loose at all, if it was weak, they wouldn't have let him walk around without it being immobilized or assisted.

If Griffin can play, he will play, and he SHOULD play. It really is that simple.

If he can't, then I'm 100% behind Captain Kirk.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.