• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Heavy Price for that win.

MRI coming tonight. That is fast. Tells me that this is just a bruise.

i'm saying that if the trainers thought it was extremely serious, they would have gotten him off of it.. if the knee felt loose at all, if it was weak, they wouldn't have let him walk around without it being immobilized or assisted.

Our trainers suck. How long did it even get them to put ice on his leg today? A few people around me and I were all like? Um, where's the Ice? I guess the trainers didn't see it on the big screen. :furious:

If its just a bruise he will play this week, if he can't play it is good to know that cousins can handle the pressure! Because we have to keep winning to get in. Every week is a big game for us now!

MRI shows no ligament damage, just a sprain folks. Now that's a great end to a fine Sunday :)

Hail! is reporting that the MRI is done. NO, repeat, no ligament damage. It's just a sprain.

Yup - pretty much as I thought. Let him rest this week and take it day by day.

You all saw the tape, the boy is hurtin. Pray for a Full recovery!

A sprain is ligament damage, though, isn't it?

Nick

no, i dont think so... you can strain/sprain something without damaging it... it's not a partial or full tear which is worst case scenario... a sprain is where the ligament stretches, as opposed to it tearing.

I believe they said Griff suffered a grade 1 sprain. That means stretching and microscopic damage. Grade 2 involves partial tearing and so on. Here's an ortho summary I found describing the differences.

Attachments

• sprain.png
    sprain.png
    21 KB · Views: 71
Some may disagree, but Ngata had a dirty play there. Watching it over and over again - RG3 was going down and Ngata went specifically at the leg. Legal - yes. Dirty - yes. Ngata knew what he was doing and went for a serious injury.

I am thinking they should still rest him against the Browns. The team is gelling and his presence on the sideline would still be leadership. Cousins is confident enough to take the reigns even if he lacks the physical skills. I think the team would play hard for him the same way after what he did today.

If it's strained, it can rip easier. We just can't risk it!

First game I missed all year.... This is the injury I expected, if any, to sideline Robert.

I'm in on sitting him next week. Cousins, with a week of practice with the first team, will be just fine.

If he can play at anything approaching full strength, we can't and won't sit him. We are in contention for playoffs in a year no one thought we could contend. If we get there, we could be this year's Giants team. We can't afford to drop a game with the Giants and Dallas both winning today. If Griffin can go, he will go.

I get the point of those of you saying every week is a must win game for us. Nonetheless I continue to think that taking the long view is the most prudent way to go. For one thing I don't have a lot of faith in our trainers. Second I think much like the concussion scare this can be a learning experience for Griff regarding the need to keep himself healthy. Sure it's possible we could get into the paloffs and get hot but that's a fairly long shot. The chances are decent that we can beat the Browns without him so why risk it? The closest I'd go would be to start Cousins and give Griff 10 or so snaps depending on how his knee responds.

I get the point of those of you saying every week is a must win game for us. Nonetheless I continue to think that taking the long view is the most prudent way to go. For one thing I don't have a lot of faith in our trainers. Second I think much like the concussion scare this can be a learning experience for Griff regarding the need to keep himself healthy. Sure it's possible we could get into the paloffs and get hot but that's a fairly long shot. The chances are decent that we can beat the Browns without him so why risk it? The closest I'd go would be to start Cousins and give Griff 10 or so snaps depending on how his knee responds.

that would scare me even more. You gotta keep him going. Momentum is huge, and we've got a ton of it. If Griffin is good enough to go, he has to go. Not as much for the game itself, but because were building a new era with a QB and nobody is higher then anyone else on that team, he needs to continue to show these guys he's going to war for them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.