• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Haynesworth Traded!!!

as to the gist of your argument....while I lean in your direction....here's the problem: how much of what we saw was a consequence of talent level and how much a product of Blache's philosophy? the D under Williams had moments where both came together and it was quite good.

It is great to think about but there are just too many variables. How much was talent? How much the coaching decisions/philosophy? How much the fact that the offense could not hold the ball when it mattered? How much that sometimes the offense couldn't hold the ball at all so the defense was just plain gassed when needed most? How much that our offense didn't scare anyone so their offense often played it safer?

We could do this all day without anyone winning the discussion cause none of it can be proved.

Here is an interesting tidbit...

Haynesworth was almost traded to Denver.

Here is an interesting tidbit...

Haynesworth was almost traded to Denver.
That was the speculation.

I wonder what the terms on the table were? Maybe AH + a pick for Kyle Orton?

(Speaking of which, what's happening with Orton now that talks with Miami have cooled off? Do we have a chance?)

Truth is also that he didn't have the personnel to run a contending-level 4-3 either. The D here skated by on stats...rankings. It failed utterly on gamedays in crunch time with it's inability to pressure the passer and come up with turnovers and game-changing plays.

Great post OM.

I have been one of the guys that have supported the change. For some reason, Skins fans have it in their head that we had a great defense. We did not. It seems yards per game have a higher value amongst fans than points per game. If this is the stat we should look at, well yeah, we had a good defense, but I think we need to look elsewhere.

In 2009 we were ranked 15th in points per game. We allowed 21 ppg. We were at the bottom of the league in interceptions. We were ranked 28th with only 11. We were also 31st in the league with 6 fumble recoveries. Very sad and not opportunistic at all.

In 2010 we were only 21st in ppg with 23.6. Yes, we are transitioning and lost a couple of ppg. We were tied for 19th with 14 interceptions and tied for 7th with 13 fumble recoveries.

I think the 10 extra turnovers more than makes up for the 2.6 ppg loss. We got those 10 extra turnovers with improper personnel. So what caused the difference in turnovers from 2009 to 2010? That is really a hard question to answer and I do not think it is as black and white as some will make out to be or even what I am alluding to in this post.

The extra turnovers really help our anemic offense.

Furthermore, it is hard to argue against the switch, especially when you see 6 of the top 10 defenses in ppg in 2010 run a 3-4 or some variation of. Five of those 6 made the playoffs. The exception being the Chargers who cannot seem to get it together.

Uh...about that physical...this showed up on the Boston Herald's website.

Here we go again? Patriots DT Albert Haynesworth “not ready to practice.”

Albert Haynesworth’s trade to the Patriots is done, but he was — once again — not on the practice field. Why? Was it a relapse of last year’s conditioning test fiasco in Washington? Bill Belichick wouldn’t say, but… Well, we won’t speculate.

“He’s not quite ready to practice yet,” Belichick said.

Injury-related?

“When he’s ready, he’ll be out there,” he said, adding that it’s not a salary issue. And it’s not a physical that he failed, because the trade went through. Again, conditioning test?

“There are things that we still need to do with Albert for him to be able to get on the practice field,” Belichick said, not elaborating.

Article link:http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sports/rap_sheet/index.php/2011/07/30/here-we-go-again-patriots-dt-albert-haynesworth-not-ready-to-practice/

Belichick said:
“There are things that we still need to do with Albert for him to be able to get on the practice field,” Belichick said, not elaborating.
Lobotomy maybe?

Hahahahahahahahahaha!

Oh, let this drama be something we can watch from a distance and enjoy.

Friend of mine is not a Pats fan, but lives up there, and asked me this week what the odds are that Fat Al has an All-Pro year.

I said 10%. Anyone else wanna play?

Just to play Devil's Advocate. What if Haynesworth intentionally came to camp out of shape 'knowing' that he was going to be a Skin. Maybe he did not think he would be traded, so he has not worked.

He is still a piece of crap.

From Bleacher Report...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...that-ever-happened-to-the-washington-redskins

Albert Haynesworth: The Best Thing That Ever Happened to the Washington Redskins

By
Philip Speake (Redskins Featured Columnist) on July 28, 2011

I want to be the first Redskins fan to thank Albert Haynesworth for being a jackass and making Daniel Snyder finally remove himself after last season from making player personnel decisions.

Take yourself back to Feb. 27, 2009.

“The deal, which was reached early Friday morning, includes an NFL-record $41 million in guarantees. During the first 13 months of the contract, Haynesworth will earn approximately $32 million.” ESPN.com

If Haynesworth had chosen Tampa Bay, who were reported to have offered in the range of $88 million, then Snyder and his main henchman Vinny Cerrato might still be calling the shots.

So I want to thank Albert Haynesworth for a few other things:

Thanks for helping get Jim Zorn fired.

Thanks for stealing from Snyder because the fans believe he steals from them.

Thanks for that one Bears game.

Thanks for the belly flop I witnessed in attendance on Monday Night Football.

Thanks for stepping on that Cowboys player's head; it proved everyone hates Dallas and that you are a prick.

Thanks for motivating me to get off my ass and successfully complete a conditioning test.

Thanks for getting Cerrato fired.

Thank you for Mike Shanahan and Bruce Allen; they may never have arrived at Redskins Park if it were not for you.

Thanks for making the Adam Archuleta deal look reasonable (psych).

YOU DID IT!!! You got us out of the Snyder GM era at least for the time being.

Now there are real football men making the big boy decisions. There was a big hiccup with Donovan McNabb, but overall the rebuild is looking more appealing with each draft and offseason.

With a quarterback, this team would challenge for a wild card spot; unfortunately, they will probably finish around 6-10 once again.

Young backs instead of three old running backs that all did the same things. Along with young receivers armed with a mix of speed, size, and star potential. These are things Cerrato and Snyder never had.

With the trade becoming official tomorrow morning, all Redskins nation can finally celebrate! Albert Haynesworth, the greatest free agent bust/road raging/woman molesting/face stomping athlete in the history of the Redskins and maybe the NFL is no longer in the Burgundy and Gold!

He wanted to be the next Reggie White, arguably the best free agent acquisition ever.

Instead he ranks as the worst free agent in NFL history, and might have saved the Redskins franchise unintentionally. Now get the hell out!

From Bleacher Report...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...that-ever-happened-to-the-washington-redskins

Albert Haynesworth: The Best Thing That Ever Happened to the Washington Redskins

By
Philip Speake (Redskins Featured Columnist) on July 28, 2011

I want to be the first Redskins fan to thank Albert Haynesworth for being a jackass and making Daniel Snyder finally remove himself after last season from making player personnel decisions.

Take yourself back to Feb. 27, 2009.

“The deal, which was reached early Friday morning, includes an NFL-record $41 million in guarantees. During the first 13 months of the contract, Haynesworth will earn approximately $32 million.” ESPN.com

If Haynesworth had chosen Tampa Bay, who were reported to have offered in the range of $88 million, then Snyder and his main henchman Vinny Cerrato might still be calling the shots.

So I want to thank Albert Haynesworth for a few other things:

Thanks for helping get Jim Zorn fired.

Thanks for stealing from Snyder because the fans believe he steals from them.

Thanks for that one Bears game.

Thanks for the belly flop I witnessed in attendance on Monday Night Football.

Thanks for stepping on that Cowboys player's head; it proved everyone hates Dallas and that you are a prick.

Thanks for motivating me to get off my ass and successfully complete a conditioning test.

Thanks for getting Cerrato fired.

Thank you for Mike Shanahan and Bruce Allen; they may never have arrived at Redskins Park if it were not for you.

Thanks for making the Adam Archuleta deal look reasonable (psych).

YOU DID IT!!! You got us out of the Snyder GM era at least for the time being.

Now there are real football men making the big boy decisions. There was a big hiccup with Donovan McNabb, but overall the rebuild is looking more appealing with each draft and offseason.

With a quarterback, this team would challenge for a wild card spot; unfortunately, they will probably finish around 6-10 once again.

Young backs instead of three old running backs that all did the same things. Along with young receivers armed with a mix of speed, size, and star potential. These are things Cerrato and Snyder never had.

With the trade becoming official tomorrow morning, all Redskins nation can finally celebrate! Albert Haynesworth, the greatest free agent bust/road raging/woman molesting/face stomping athlete in the history of the Redskins and maybe the NFL is no longer in the Burgundy and Gold!

He wanted to be the next Reggie White, arguably the best free agent acquisition ever.

Instead he ranks as the worst free agent in NFL history, and might have saved the Redskins franchise unintentionally. Now get the hell out!
AMEN, BROTHER!!! :claps:

Tweets this morning indicate that Fat Al passed his conditioning test this morning and will be allowed to practice.

fat-guy-workout.jpg

The Patriots won out in the past with Corey Dillon and Randy Moss coming in and making a big difference for the team.

I don't see the moves for Ochocinco and Haynesworth delivering the same dividends, although I think Al will be more of a presence for NE than Chad Ochocinco.

Chad to me is fading fast at WR at age 32/33. He is not coming in to NE in the same prime of career shape that Randy Moss did a few years ago.

And Chad was never as good as Randy Moss to begin with.

The media is going nuts over the Chad move, and I couldn't agree more with you BT, I don't see that one panning out all that great. Everyone is talking about Chad stretching the field and opening things up underneath for Welker, which might be possible if this were 2008.

Fat Al I don't think will be a difference maker either, honestly. I don't think he has the drive to be great, and don't think he will be able to hack it under Belichick.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.