• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Haynesworth: Dumb as a Brick?

Lanky,actually the witten example isnt the same, Witten is a solid TE who is known as a receiver but the TE position requires you to be a blocker at least sometimes, a wr is rarely asked to block in line, just as a 3tech DT is almost never asked to hold the point.

Just as the TE requires blocking, WR requires blocking also. Its a well-known axiom that big runs are often the result of good downfield blocking by WRs. But just like WR, the TE is an offensive weapon more than anything. But TEs are often asked to stay in and block for teams with trouble on the OL.

who is Theo ratliff? I assume you mean Jay Ratliff the Nt for Dallass, you do understand that they dont use him veryoften like a two gap nose and that the two gapper in the dallass scheme is the strong side end right? Dalass soesnt play the same style as GB or the steelers both of whom are the teams we are supposedly modelling our scheme after.

Yes, Jay Ratliffe. I think Theo was a bballer from the 80s, lol.

The Redskins weren't asking him to 2-gap; several articles from early in preseason mentioned (quotes from Haynesworth himself) that the 3-4 D they were running was different than what he expected (a true 2-gap NT). Here is one example. And this is beyond the point - that he needed to sacrifice stats for the good of the team. You know, what any good team player in a team sport should do.

Just as the TE requires blocking, WR requires blocking also. Its a well-known axiom that big runs are often the result of good downfield blocking by WRs. But just like WR, the TE is an offensive weapon more than anything. But TEs are often asked to stay in and block for teams with trouble on the OL.

Yes, Jay Ratliffe. I think Theo was a bballer from the 80s, lol.

The Redskins weren't asking him to 2-gap; several articles from early in preseason mentioned (quotes from Haynesworth himself) that the 3-4 D they were running was different than what he expected (a true 2-gap NT). Here is one example. And this is beyond the point - that he needed to sacrifice stats for the good of the team. You know, what any good team player in a team sport should do.

WR and downfield blocking are like a 3 tech and holding the point, it happens but its not an every down thing hence my comparison being more apt,(sort of the point)

Yeah I figured, I used like Ratliff, he was a shot blocking defender , used to use him on my sega basketball game lol.

lot of players and coaches said a lot of things, I recall Haslett saying we would be running a one gap yet film and most defencive experts agree we ran a lot more two gap. I think what happened there was we maybe said one thing to keep players happy, while doing another.

as for scrificing stats for the good of the team? lmao, building around him would have been better for the team but we chased shannys dream and played a defence that didnt suit an almost unanimous majority of our players.

as for scrificing stats for the good of the team? lmao, building around him would have been better for the team...

I was going to drop this, but I can't. The above assertion about building around AH is just foolish!

Again, I agree...3-4 baaaad idea!

Again, I agree...Haynesworth was not utilized ideally!

Again, I agree...Coach could have been more tactful when dealing with AH's sensitive ego.

Again, I agree...we should have taken what we could for him, now he is worthless on the trade market.

But Ryman, your philosophy is skewed! One cannot possibly build anything around a narcissist who does not want to go out and play regardless of the coach's plans for him! We have discussed this ad nauseum. Can't you see that you are the only one who still believes Albert Haynesworth deserved more from this team? His character, and yes character does matter, was questionable before he arrived at Redskins Park.

I understand your experience would suggest one can go out and do whatever one would want to do all week long as long as they come out an play hard on Sunday as long as the coaches cater to the very whim of the most talented narcissist on the team. That is not real world stuff! It is an anomaly! Your experience is not common in the NFL since the talent pool is far more level then a league that can stack talent like semi-pro leagues.

As a coach, you have to put your foot down when a player is out of control! Albert Haynesworth is like a whirling dervish spinning out of control! You cannot possibly think there could be any success with him regardless of the defensive scheme. He is a malcontent who would have found difficulty with whatever scheme they used because Shanahan is a disciplinarian and Haynseworth cannot seem to respect authority. I mean look at the man's personal life and you can see he is unstable! And you want to build around him? :insane:

You are assuming that had we actuially used him correctly he would still have balked, fair because we will never know, I assume the opposite, that had we played to his ego and managed him correctly we would have seen the dominance he was signed for.

as a coach you do have to put your foot down, but shanny started this entire ball rolling when he pulled them "we are running a 3-4 " card and then " albert will be my nosetackle " so causing the problem and then "putting your foot down" makes me wonder if he deserves kudos or a kick in the ass.

I agree that the NFL is more balanced thats why coaching and managing players is so important nowadays.

You are assuming that had we actuially used him correctly he would still have balked, fair because we will never know, I assume the opposite, that had we played to his ego and managed him correctly we would have seen the dominance he was signed for...

My assumption of his questionable character is based upon the historical facts of his past, i.e, suspension for stepping on a player's head, fines for unnecessary roughness, crashing his car into people paralyzing them, impregnating strippers, not paying bills...

You're assumption that he would have been compliant had Shanahan stayed in the 4-3 is based on what?

Based on the fact that he is at heart an egotist and often egotists can be easily manipulated based on their egos being so important. ie if you put it all on his shoulders, you can get him to behave and work hard because he knows how bad it looks when the team bends over backwards for you and you dont extend yourself at all.

the way things happened, in his mind he was justified in how he acted, so thats all that mattered.

Based on the fact that he is at heart an egotist and often egotists can be easily manipulated based on their egos being so important. ie if you put it all on his shoulders, you can get him to behave and work hard because he knows how bad it looks when the team bends over backwards for you and you dont extend yourself at all.

the way things happened, in his mind he was justified in how he acted, so thats all that mattered.

So now you are not only a personnel expert, but a psychologist as well? What in the world are you doing wasting away in an oil field? ;)

So now you are not only a personnel expert, but a psychologist as well? What in the world are you doing wasting away in an oil field? ;)

No, he is not a psychologist. He is describing his experience again! :movefast:

Haven't seen anything new about this, as the press is in full
"Rally Around Our Journalist Brother", and "Get Snyder" mode at the moment.

Before Mr. Brickferbrains was suspended, this would have been front page, everyday since it happened, kind of material.

The media are the only people less worth sympathizing than dumb dumb.

My dad owned Belle resources there was never any doubt what I would be doing after university, however I am the black sheep and took a history/ military science degree instead of business management or econ, which would be why I paid my own way through school. lol now I work at a telecom as an analyst. but short answer? I liked money.

Maybe the danny can work some deal in the CBA that if a player is charged with a crime, the league gives his team the money and picks back that were wasted on him. Just hoping

Maybe the danny can work some deal in the CBA that if a player is charged with a crime, the league gives his team the money and picks back that were wasted on him. Just hoping

We signed fatty as a free agent, so fortunately no picks were wasted on his useless, fat butt.

Yeah, I saw that yesterday. Phillip Daniels tweeted something like, will it ever end?

Looks like the players are sick of all the drama too.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Every time his name comes up on the scan---er, the radio, and they say "the Redskins' Albert Haynesworth..." I get a stomach ache.

He is not, and has not, ever been a Redskin.

Not by an definition of the term I am prepared to accept.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.