• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Haslett is gone

From Phillip Daniels.

"You guys have to remember that most of the DB's brought in especially from Tampa was Raheem's suggestion. None have worked out"!

San diego has a pretty solid linebacker Corp and it's where Ron Rivera jumped to coach. I don't know who he is personally but I know the players play hard for him.

We need a new guy. Part of the reason for the defenses' failure is complacency. A new boss who expects a lot and not wed to any player/coach friendships is particularly important here.

I cannot agree more. When you've had 7 wins in 2 years, you better be shaking things the **** up.

I'd put our chances of even getting an interview with Fangio at about 1 in 500 million.

Whys that? He not like money? Does the owner of the niners have his family held hostage?

Why would you say 1 in 500 million?

Because that was likely the most embarrassing press conference in professional sports history yesterday. No chance, and I mean no chance--maybe 1 in 500 billion that a respectable coach like Fangio would ever leave SF to work under Bruce Allen and Dan.

This is being done in the wrong order. Bruce needs to step down first. He can either be named team President or team mascot, but he needs to go first. That will then give a clear signal to any potential candidates that winning football games is actually our first priority.

He's not stepping down. Get over it already.

Looks like schefter is reporting we ARE getting an interview with him.

@AdamSchefter: Redskins setting up DC interviews with 49ers DC Vic Fangio, 49ers DB coach Ed Donatell and SD LB coach Joe Barry, per sources.

That would just about round out the staff on D. If that tweet is correct Fangio at least already agreed to an interview it seems.

The 49ers are one of the few teams who've just gone through a year of drama worse than us. That, and the fact that they'll have probably near total coaching turnover, is the wildcard. Otherwise, I would tend to agree with you McD5, that we aren't a particularly attractive landing spot for talented coaches.

And Mike is right about Allen, at least for right now. But I think the argument against Allen, that he's a PR guy, not a football GM is undeniable. He will never 'resign' - Snyder would have to remove him. And that won't happen unless things get a lot, lot worse.

Well, that didn't take long:

Mark Maske: "49ers DC Vic Fangio not scheduled at this point to interview for Redskins defensive coordinator job source says."

Here's how I imagine that phone call went:

Hi Vic! It's Bruce Allen!

*click*

Well, who knows...

Chris Russell @Russellmania980
Source tells @ESPNRadio980 that for now the #Redskins have been denied permission to speak to 49ers DC Vic Fangio.

The 49ers are one of the few teams who've just gone through a year of drama worse than us. That, and the fact that they'll have probably near total coaching turnover, is the wildcard. Otherwise, I would tend to agree with you McD5, that we aren't a particularly attractive landing spot for talented coaches.

And Mike is right about Allen, at least for right now. But I think the argument against Allen, that he's a PR guy, not a football GM is undeniable. He will never 'resign' - Snyder would have to remove him. And that won't happen unless things get a lot, lot worse.

Some recent tweets seem to indicate iIt seems possible the 49ers have suddenly become drama aficionados.

"
Matt Maiocco @MaioccoCSN
#49ers GM Trent Baalke spoke with Mike Shanahan this week. He is scheduled for formal interview, reports @MikeKlis. CSN Bay Area
8m"

"
Lowell Cohn @LowellCohn
Report: 49ers to interview Rex Ryan on Sunday. How do you say retread?
11m"

This is really very simple. 3 easy, intelligent steps.

1. Within the next 30 minutes, announce that Bruce Allen is no longer the GM. Promote him, demote him or fire him. But no real coach will come here as long as he is the GM.

2. 15 minutes later, fire the entire scouting department. Any real coach will want assurances that he'll actually have talent to work with.

3. Begin your GM search, and let your GM find the defensive coordinator.

But watch, we'll probably screw this up too.

Vic fangio is still under contract since it is a lateral move the 9ers can deny it

Idk free reign on choosing his staff, more $ than 49ers as HC, chance at taking a bottom feeder D for remodel. Not to forget box seats at Capitals games, admission after hours in the smithsonian, possibly a handy from The Bruce.

It'll be an offer he can't refuse

Bruce Allen is not going anywhere.

Vic fangio is still under contract since it is a lateral move the 9ers can deny it
We could always do the DC/Asst. HC thing, assuming he doesn't already have that title. Fangio was one of the guys I was really hoping for so I've gotta keep hope alive. Thing is, as serv and others have pointed out, we're not exactly a primo gig for anyone with other choices. We couldn't fire Gruden for the same reason even if we wanted to.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
#Redskins have permission to interview #49ers DBs coach Ed Donatell for their DC job. That’s big. #Saints were denied that 2 years ago

He was also denied interviewing with the eagles who wanted him but he runs a 4-3 defense and chip wanted a 3-4

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.