• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Haslett is gone

its not that that we are leaving, we are being shoved out the door by a mountain of foul-smelling BS that Allen and Co. are trying to convince us is good for us to consume.

Ok, so let me get this straight. Gruden is supposed to be in charge of his staff by all accounts from team, and he indicated he was leaning toward keeping Haslett, then he is fired 24 hours later.

So, let me re-ask the question.
It's a really, really simple answer BT. I'll assume you're just being sarcastic. Cause if you don't get it already, you never will.

its not that that we are leaving, we are being shoved out the door by a mountain of foul-smelling BS that Allen and Co. are trying to convince us is good for us to consume.
No, if that's what you think you're being fed, the fault for eating it, lies with you alone.

so, you believe what you have heard? and you trust Allen in his judgments and in what he said today?

then I think my friend you are simply naïve or a shill for the organization.

I believe some, not all. But I don't blame others for fooling me repeatedly.

You know, fool me once...

No, I am not fooled. Only amused that folks are trying to get out there and tell the 'Big Lie' in hopes that will satisfy the critics.

Haslett is now gone. If that doesn't dissipate the pressure on the organization, who is the next scapegoat going to be?

Yep, the wicked witch of the East is dead. And now we are readying for the arrival of her sister, the Witch of the West, to take revenge on us :laugh: :laugh:

There is always something else in Snyder's Pandora box for us isn't there?

Idk, could be Wade comes I'm a runs a proper 3-4 D. That it Olivotti builds and runs HIS style of 4-3.

When your best line of attack is to paint a guy like Bulldog as some hysterical patient fan who's not being reasonable - I'd say it might be time to do your own personal reality check. Because Bulldog has been right more often on these boards (and others) more often than anyone I know.

Olivadotti is articulate and smart, but he's also been here the entire time 'contributing'. What evidence is there that he has the gravitas and skills to be a great DC?

Without pulling stats I would say our LB tier played above and beyond the other 2. I know that's in no way a ringing endorsement but IMHO they've played pretty well considering. Especially Ryan, I can't recall a LB having the #'s like his this yr

I am torn tho in hiring within or not. One hand says eff it, start from scratch and bring in completely new ppl. The other I see SOME continuity would benefit us.

I can't think of the Dline coaches name without googling and The secondary has just sucked since Raheem's been here.

Nothing substantial other than opinion but I could definitely live with KO if we go that route. Wouldn't be a fan if RM ends up with it tho.

I will agree with your point about the coaching of the linebackers as there are no players more overrated by the team and fans than Orakpo and Perry Riley.

Olivadotti and Brian Baker had less to work with from the beginning.

Kerrigan is a core player and Robinson looks like a potentially very solid inside backer for the 3-4 or 4-3.

But we need two new starters on this unit and add depth as well.

Continuity on one of the worst NFL defenses ever? I'll pass. Kerrigan and Robinson would shine for the Browns, Tampa Bay, or the Titans. We can't afford to take chances on unproven underlings. We have zero idea if Olivadotti is DC material - and I'm no more confident in the front office's ability to recognize inside coaching talent than their ability to find star players. On top of that, we have a propensity for misplaced loyalty that kept Haslett here for years when it was clear he had no idea how to craft a top flight defense.

We need a proven rock solid DC from outside the organization with a track record of obvious success.

Anything less than that is failure imho.

I don't know how I really feel about that presser, to be honest. I think, a couple of reporters were trying to convey the frustration of the fans & "Jason" kept asking about guys like Scott Campbell & the talent evaluators & if those are the people people the FO is listening to, are they really going to change things or are they going to continue to listen to those people who are not leading us in the right direction? I can't help but wonder, of all the things Bruce Allen said, how much of it was actual truth?

There's no such thing as 'truth' when you're a politician. There's only 'message'. And Bruce Allen may be a nice guy, but he is a consummate politician. That's why he rarely answered a direct question today. He was hired to be a politician, and I think that's probably the only thing he is particularly skilled at.

At least we don't have to put up with his foul-mouthed son on twitter any longer - Rudolph The Snot Nosed Kid.

Olivadotti is articulate and smart, but he's also been here the entire time 'contributing'. What evidence is there that he has the gravitas and skills to be a great DC?

Actually, he has not been here the whole time. He left for 3 years and then came back just before this last season.

@AdamSchefter: Redskins setting up DC interviews with 49ers DC Vic Fangio, 49ers DB coach Ed Donatell and SD LB coach Joe Barry, per sources.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.