• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Grammar Nazi Thread

A word that I have seen used on facebook incessantly by people who are trying to impress everyone is Viola!

Ummmmm..........
DV020_Jpg_Jumbo_472355_R.jpg

Do you mean voilà? :laugh:

There, their, and they're. Just saying.

Also, I always chuckle out loud whenever I hear an athlete giving an interview and starting a sentence with "Most definitely".

There, their, and they're. Just saying.

Also, I always chuckle out loud whenever I hear an athlete giving an interview and starting a sentence with "Most definitely".
Yes. Another favorite they have is leading off their sentence with "know what I'm sayin?" I'm like ummmmm, no, you haven't said anything yet.

I couldn't finish it. Apostrophes (both lacking and wrongfully placed) drive me insane worse than any grammatical error there is. I have been approached 3 different times over the years for messing with apostrophes on signs, being told I was defacing them. Once was for scraping an inappropriate apostrophe off of a city park sign, and twice for drawing a missing one onto a sign. I just can't help myself, it makes my eyes bleed.

The best ones are when you see a sign hanging on a fast food restaurant's door that was written by management. Guaranteed to show exactly why they have made a career out of fast food. It always makes me think of the Burger King one posted a while back that said they were closed because they ran out of meet :laugh:

I thought they were funny.

I kid you not, I once heard someone call apostrophes 'sky commas'

Lanky, funny pics man, thanks. They're like a verbal version of "People of Walmart." :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.