• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Gameday - 2020 Week 7 - Washington v Dallas

Who wins this thing?

• Washington goes all Darryl Grant on them.

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Harvey Martin throws another funeral wreath.

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
Bad Dallas team or not, for me, today was a different performance. We didn't ever relinquish the pressure. There was no 2nd half comeback or a litany of mistakes to let them back into it. In the key moments, we were the ones out playing and pressuring them. Our 'terrible QB' looked like the wily vet while the real wily vet was getting chased all afternoon. I don't know if we're starting to see the coaches impact or personalities or if it was just a rare good effort. But something was different.

Bad Dallas team or not, for me, today was a different performance. We didn't ever relinquish the pressure. There was no 2nd half comeback or a litany of mistakes to let them back into it. In the key moments, we were the ones out playing and pressuring them. Our 'terrible QB' looked like the wily vet while the real wily vet was getting chased all afternoon. I don't know if we're starting to see the coaches impact or personalities or if it was just a rare good effort. But something was different.

I know this is going to sound like a reach but I think there is something to Rivera and how he's coaching. People have been extremely critical of him, but he finds a way to get these guys up. We have had slow starts but in each of the slow starts it's been commented about how this team does not quit. Even against Baltimore, the team never truly gave up. Against Cleveland, we were able to regain the lead twice. Against the Giants, a TERRIBLE fumble to give up the lead.... a really good 2 minute drill sets up for a 2 pt conversion attempt to win.

I wonder if Rivera going for the 2 pt conversion, while seemingly reckless and irresponsible, is a message to the team. Telling the team that "when the game is on the line, I will put my guys up against their guys, and I'm comfortable with the outcome." He did it again at the beginning of the game today and look what happened. He knows they're not going to always win, but it tells the guys that he believes in them. I'm probably over thinking this, but we've now seen a QB change spark what appears to be a completely different offense... and a defense that has allowed 3 points in the last 6 quarters.... albeit 2 bad teams, but like Kel said, we have often played down to our opponent who is down...

As the tweet says, watch Zeke. I've watched him in this clip about 50 times. Also turn up your volume to hear the smack. Holcomb destroyed Elliott.

As the tweet says, watch Zeke. I've watched him in this clip about 50 times. Also turn up your volume to hear the smack. Holcomb destroyed Elliott.

I screamed when it happened live, streaming it at work haha. He went THROUGH him.

Defense flat out dominated yesterday, offense did not make stupid mistakes something to build on and building it on the trash heap that is Dallas is even better

I only watched part of the second half, but the WFT looked real good. Dallas has completely collapsed, which is fun.

And now there's a bye week so fans have two weeks to savor. That in and of itself is a victory. :)

Defense flat out dominated yesterday, offense did not make stupid mistakes something to build on and building it on the trash heap that is Dallas is even better

I think the offense did a lot more than avoid stupid mistakes. We ran the ball down their throat, protected the QB, hit deep balls, converted a lot of 3rd downs, and had Dallas off balance all day.

We are a much better OL when Scherff is out there. I don't know if he'll play ball and accept a salary we can live with to keep him in DC, but he does elevate the play of the OL when he's healthy and out there. Moses was dinged up and limping for most of the 2nd half. As I said in chat, he gets on my nerves at times with his mental mistakes and comments to the media, but he is a warrior when it comes to playing hurt. It's been a long time since we've had a player who plays hurt as often as he does.

We are a much better OL when Scherff is out there. I don't know if he'll play ball and accept a salary we can live with to keep him in DC, but he does elevate the play of the OL when he's healthy and out there. Moses was dinged up and limping for most of the 2nd half. As I said in chat, he gets on my nerves at times with his mental mistakes and comments to the media, but he is a warrior when it comes to playing hurt. It's been a long time since we've had a player who plays hurt as often as he does.

Part of that is the frustration with him though.... he rarely ever plays at 100%. He is a warrior and seemingly pushes through injuries every year, but where does that value end and replacing him with someone who doesn't always have a hitch in their giddyup begin?

I don't know. That's a good question. He is definitely a mixed bag. But physically, he is the NFL prototype for a tackle and when he's right he's one of the best at his position. I know.... 'when' ....

Moses had to be helped off the field again yesterday. Any update to his status?

Hes definitely a team guy. He has the respect of the lockerroom, from what I've heard, and this picture would do little to discount that narrative. I wish he could stay healthy. I actually feel a good number of his penalties come because he's compensating for a hitch in his step, or overcoming an injury. I would love to see what he looked like in a 100% 'healthy' (because as an O-lineman health is a relative term) 16 game season.

The Geron Christian experiment hopefully is over.

We need to see Charles at LT but Lucas has NFL starting experience and should have been in there sooner.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.