• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Gameday - 2020 Week 12 - Washington @ Dallas Cowboys - Thanksgiving Edition

McLaurin's hustle saved 4 points on the board, big play

More than that, Dallas scores a TD and the momentum completely shifts. I think the D saw McLaurin put himself out there and was inspired a little. That was a woeful pass from Smith and he knew it, but the McLaurin had his back.

More than that, Dallas scores a TD and the momentum completely shifts. I think the D saw McLaurin put himself out there and was inspired a little. That was a woeful pass from Smith and he knew it, but the McLaurin had his back.

Alex got hit in the process of throwing I think. Terry was wide open, it's just the ball went awry as he was hit in the process of throwing. Not sure I'd pin that on Alex.

Culture. That was one of about 5 plays that dictated the dynamic of the game. If Dallas scores there we could be talking about a different feel. Terry and the defense stood on their heads there.

I think we all know the "usual" Dallas script. We might get a slight edge, but they always come roaring back with some back breaker touchdown or two and then we go home and cry about it on the interwebz. They left those points in the air this time. This INT return and the Lamb drop.

Feels so good when that trend is bucked, because it really doesn't happen often.

I gotta say, McCarthy going for it on 4th down from well inside their own side of the 50 with plenty of time left and having failed to convert on much easier 4th downs already - that's the kind of decision that gets a head coach fired in-season. I was half expecting him not to be the coach this morning.

I thought it was also noteworthy that the announcers didn't even give the Cowboys a second of grief for trying that bonehead move. So typical.

I gotta say, McCarthy going for it on 4th down from well inside their own side of the 50 with plenty of time left and having failed to convert on much easier 4th downs already - that's the kind of decision that gets a head coach fired in-season. I was half expecting him not to be the coach this morning.

I thought it was also noteworthy that the announcers didn't even give the Cowboys a second of grief for trying that bonehead move. So typical.

We watched the game without sound. My dad has not been watching football this year, but relented for Thanksgiving but said he wanted the sound down. I was perfectly fine with that. We only turned it up to hear what Perrera said about the cowboys guy being the backfield at the snap without a flag.

Anyway, I told a cowboys fan I know that McCarthy calls plays like a 9 yr old playing Madden. That 4th down call was brutal. You are down 1 possession and your defense is essentially stopping the offense at that point. Why would you not punt and play field position? It was just a ridiculous decision and I LOVED IT. I hope McCarthy never gets fired if he is making these dumb decisions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.