• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Gameday - 2020 Week 10 - Washington @ Detroit - TV Maps included

Praiter kicks it 59 yards and I was confident he was going to make it.

outside of 40 and I can't watch Hopkins line up. Just no faith in the guy to do it.

Kai Forbath is still kicking, Graham Gano is still kicking.

I think that undermine's the 'cut him' argument. Those are guys we gave up on because they struggled for a stretch - but long-term both have been successful kickers for other teams. I agreed they need to challenge Hopkins by bringing in another kicker (and should've done that a couple games back).

Hopkins had an unbelievable rookie season, but has been less consistent every season since. His job should be in jeopardy at some point. I would rather, if they do move on from him - it's because of his overall body of work and the feeling we can get better production from a different kicker, vs. it being because he's had a rough patch (because every kicker is going to have those - it's inevitable).

The larger problem is that we're always relying on our kicker to be perfect to win a game.

I don't. He is not doing good at his job. If I dont do my job well they fire me. why is he different? He has cost us 2 games this season so far.

There are lots of things that cost us games this year - his poor performance being just one of them. And no - if you are struggling in your job, they don't just fire you. They work with you. They offer you assistance. They give you an opportunity to improve your performance - probably multiple opportunities.

I have no problem moving on from Hopkins if he can't get it together, but it's not to 'prove a point' - it's to replace him with someone more consistent and talented. I think accomplishing that mid-season is unlikely.

He struggled last year, too. he missed 5 then as well. He is getting worse.

I think if we are proving we want a winning mentality you should get rid of those who don't get better. Right now it just looks like we are accepting this guy continuing to suck at his job.

I think Rivera is a player's coach, and he's going to give guys who work hard and have the right attitude every opportunity to earn and keep their jobs. Isn't always satisfying as a fan, but it might be the right approach when it comes to building trust with the roster.

The NFL FG's made average during the past decade or so is around 84%. Setting aside this year, since 2015 Hopkins has had 2 seasons making 89% or better and 3 seasons between 81% and 83%. His career average is about 84%. He's, by definition your average NFL kicker. This year he's only making 70% of his FGs - which is unacceptable. He is only a season and a half removed from making almost 90% of them in 2018, missing just 3 kicks and going 4/5 from 50 yds and beyond.

I think you need to look at the whole data set, not just his worst career stretch. I do think his job is in jeopardy if he doesn't bounce back quickly, so I'm not sure there's an argument to be had here.

I think the past 2 years show the trend that matters. He missed 5 last year, and has missed 5 this year so far. He is not improving. He missed a FG in the very first game...doesn't really set a good tone. He also has not gotten better.

Plus, you can see the deflation of the team as soon as he misses it. It is hard enough for the team to get down within FG range...to just miss it sucks the life out of a team.

But, I digress. Having someone come in for competition this week is a good sign.

I dont know Boone, like i said, if he's not healthy, then you shelf him til he is, but this isn't my job or yours. This is the NFL. If you drop passes or fumble games away, someone else is pushing you for your roster spot. We won 3 games last year, and look to be on track for the same amount this year. Nobody's roster spot should be safe. If something can get upgraded, it should be considered.

Even last year he was at worst an average NFL kicker. He needs a boot in his ass but if you guys think we’re gonna add a practice squad kicker or someone off the street who is a better long-term kicker, I think you’re kidding yourselves.

And there’s a difference between looking for an upgrade in the off-season and cutting a guy in-season because you’re pissed or to make some point.

AP is cut and he is still getting 1000 yards and I was told a thousand reasons why it was smart.

Kerrigan is tied for 2nd in sacks with the team and was told a thousand reasons why it was smart to trade him.

But, the line in the sand is bringing in a kicker for competition to help improve that position? Kickers are cut all the time. They go mental and end up getting themselves in to that position.

(please get the sarcasm in this. about 80% of it is just that)

Still wish we would have at least had a look around... i guess boone is right and the buffet is empty, and we do have that kid on the PS

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.