• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

GAME THREAD: SKINS -vs TEXANS

Reed Doughty, hang your head in shame, I swear every big play Houston got you were late and out of position. Pure abuse, he's just not starting quality.

There were lots of breakdowns. Doughty made a couple of clutch plays as well. You give up a 17 point lead, it's not on 1 or 2 guys.

Texans outplayed us, across the board, in the 4th quarter in my opinion.

They are a lot more talented than we are. We did pretty well considering we have half an offense and one decent WR. Hopefully we'll keep improving as the season wears on, and hopefully this is one of our tougher games. Yeesh.

There were lots of breakdowns. Doughty made a couple of clutch plays as well. You give up a 17 point lead, it's not on 1 or 2 guys.

Texans outplayed us, across the board, in the 4th quarter in my opinion.

The defense as a whole lost sight and the offense stalled but when you are up 17 points the defense needs to step up. I still stand by my comment, Doughty is not a starter, he was abused.

SO, I think Doughty is better as a situational player. When Moore comes back, assuming Landry is fine, I think we will be in pretty good shape.

I wouldn't put it on one player either. The D brought it for two and a half quarters and for the last quarter and change, we lacked the pressure. Part of that was Houston stepping it up and we failed to respond.

SO, I think Doughty is better as a situational player. When Moore comes back, assuming Landry is fine, I think we will be in pretty good shape.

I don't think he's awful, just not a starter and needs to have help when he's in the secondary, leaving Doughty to play one on one is russian roulette.

We made some huge strides from last week to this. While I hate to lose, more so when we had a lead, I'm not freaked out over the loss. Once we get the running game going, we're gonna be pretty tough on O. The D will tighten up given time. It's only game two, and I'm quite pleased with what we've fielded so far.

All of this talk doesn't happen if Galloway catches that bomb in the 4th quarter. I had to suffer trash talk from TEXANS fans. Turrible.

DAMNIT.

Yeah, the announcers were talking like Donnovan overthrew it, but I thought it was very catchable. Disappointed in Galloway on that one.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

I don't think he's awful, just not a starter and needs to have help when he's in the secondary, leaving Doughty to play one on one is russian roulette.

I can't argue with you on that. I just think the whole team needs to own this loss. We took a FG on a defensive turnover that should've lead to an easy TD. We had lots of chances to put this one away. We didn't. That's what happens when you let a good team hang around. They beat you.

Watching the defense in the second half, I got flashbacks of Ron Lynn.

I picked a bad week to quit sniffing glue.

We made some huge strides from last week to this. While I hate to lose, more so when we had a lead, I'm not freaked out over the loss. Once we get the running game going, we're gonna be pretty tough on O. The D will tighten up given time. It's only game two, and I'm quite pleased with what we've fielded so far.

This is pretty much what I am thinking since I have had some time to digest this. People are gonna be talking about the Redskins this year.

Edit: While participating in the Chat over at TBD, Boone was thinking the same exact thing I was on what I believe is the most critical play of the game. On 3rd and one with time running down because our running game had a bit of a spark, Jamal Brown was called for a crucial false start. I know there are a lot plays we could pinpoint that were crucial, but I believe that was the game changer right there.

Watching the defense in the second half, I got flashbacks of Ron Lynn.

Yeah, the whole collapse in the second half reeked of a Norv Turner/Ron Lynn game. Just enough to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory... a blocked field goal, just missing on a long bomb, critical penalties (or poor timing, such as the Jamal Brown penalty mentioned above), not getting the field goal at the end that you just made seconds before. Ugh. Victories in the NFL are hard enough to come by, you can't let one like this slip through your fingers. This team needs to learn how to put teams away when they're up on them. Of course it doesn't help when you've got no running game.

Can't blame Doughty too much. He was going up against best WR in football with height and leap advantage. Johnson was smart enough to move the ball (on way down) away from Doughty so he couldn't knock it away.

Basically it should not have come down to that play or OT. We should have put them away when we had the chance.

The block FG was a huge momentum changer. Our ill timed penalites didn't help. First time I can really remember a Redskin team that couldn't run the ball. Gibbs would have started running out the clock in 3rd quarter. Houston killed us with Schaub rolling out on naked bootlegs and hitting open wr's. Late in the game we finally stopped the play.

If your QB throws for over 400 yrds, you get 5 sacks on opposing QB, and Carlos intercpets a pass...should be a W.

Overall I am happy with way we played. This team is light years ahead of past couple seasons. We finally put some points on the board. The players looked energized.

I see the glass as half full versus half empty after yesterday. Even though it made for a long ride home, proud of the way we fought the entire 60 minutes.

The Texans were smart enough (or our defense dictated) that Doughty was in single coverage with the best receiver in football. That is just not a match-up we win 9 times out of 10. It’s not a match-up ANY safety will win 9 times out of 10.

Riggins44 is absolutely correct here; it should have never come to that point. If we block better for a field goal attempt we probably win the game in regulation. Not being able to seal the deal on the ground gives me pause but it’s not like we didn’t have several other chances. We simply had too many missed opportunities. The good part was we were not just outplayed.

I thought the deep pass play on 3rd down was brass. If it works, game over.

Mike, you have to give the Texans credit for putting Johnson in a postion to be with Doughty one on one. Johnson is too good for Doughty in that position and I'd dare say
Horton would have done any better. Saw a pic of that play and you can see Johnson set him up and Schaub put the ball where only he could catch it. You have to give Johnson credit for making a great play.

To be honest, can't see Landry making that play either. I'm just not going to throw Doughty under the bus for that one play. Could just as easy point finger at Fred Davis for missing the FG block. To me win as a team and lose as a team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.