• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Fred Davis... again.

You could see during his silly lawsuit how being off weed was effecting him. If you're self medicating like that, you can't just quit. You need mental health assistance while changing lifestyle. Now, I don't know if he was getting that, but whatever he was doing, it didn't take.

Does he have kids?

" In the fetal position...with drool on my chin....I messed up and smoked weed with Sleepy again..."

so a 6 game suspension....

no way we resign him with a 6 game suspension, right?

or is that going to be spun as a way to get him on the cheap?

We can do better..either by draft or FA.

Take out the trash Jay.

If Gruden tries to bring him back, i will have to start questioning his judgement big-time.

If Gruden tries to bring him back, i will have to start questioning his judgement big-time.

He'll dump him.

But now we're going to have to draft one. There's no way he can depend on Reed.

Man, this roster is thin in so many areas.

He'll dump him.

But now we're going to have to draft one. There's no way he can depend on Reed.

Man, this roster is thin in so many areas.

#2/3 TEs aren't hard to find, I think we'll be okay. It's also something that could easily addressed in free agency.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

People forget about Paulsen...he's not Jordan Reed but he is not without some skills and could be serviceable. I would not be in favor of using a pick on a TE with so many other needs.

People forget about Paulsen...he's not Jordan Reed but he is not without some skills and could be serviceable. I would not be in favor of using a pick on a TE with so many other needs.

Paulsen is only one though.

Reed, a career QB with possible concussion issues can't be counted on.

And if Sleepy is gone......we are going to need at least one other. Maybe draft, maybe FA. Hopefully FA.

Pettigrew,Myers and Chandler......just to name a few that are FA TEs that would be suitable replacements for Davis.

Pettigrew,Myers and Chandler......just to name a few that are FA TEs that would be suitable replacements for Davis.

Yup, look at what Ben Watson did in New Orleans, a team who has Jimmy Graham...

Paulsen is only one though.

Reed, a career QB with possible concussion issues can't be counted on.

And if Sleepy is gone......we are going to need at least one other. Maybe draft, maybe FA. Hopefully FA.

I have concerns about Reed but you reference him as if team doctors are predicting his career is over. I don't think anything close to that has been said. If they cut Davis loose we may add another but we cant afford to use a 1-5 round pick on one, and the odds we find one who can contribute in later rounds is slim imho. We'll bring in a proven vet TE as insurance on Reed and to compete for the 2nd spot.

I have concerns about Reed but you reference him as if team doctors are predicting his career is over. I don't think anything close to that has been said. If they cut Davis loose we may add another but we cant afford to use a 1-5 round pick on one, and the odds we find one who can contribute in later rounds is slim imho. We'll bring in a proven vet TE as insurance on Reed and to compete for the 2nd spot.

I'm a fan of Pettigrew. I'd love to see him come in.

On Reed, he went to Fla. I know a good amount about his collegiate days.

In one specific interview I remember, his coach was asked about taking a guy who played QB his entire life, and turning him into a TE. The coach said his only concern was "getting him used to contact, because he's never really experienced that before."

I wouldn't put too much stock in him being here a few years from now.

I hope he is, of course, but I wouldn't count on it.

Theres no physiological basis for the idea that you can 'get used to' physical contact - unless you mean from a psychological standpoint. You get concussions because you take traumatic blows to the head. And then you are more susceptible to concussions as you go forward. What position you played before has nothing to do with it. In fact, its probably a good thing (if Reed is particular susceptible to being concussed) that he didn't spend years at positions more prone to contact than the QB position.

I agree that he seems to have a problem with concussions, but its because he's had concussions :)

And btw how freaking frustrating is it that we finally stumble on a guy with Pro Bowl caliber talent and skills at that position and he turns out to have this issue? Its like there really is a Redskins curse. I'm hoping he somehow gets past the concussion thing because he is truly an impact player when he's out there and he is still learning.

Davis is gone. Let talk of him be a thing of the past.

Mr. Reed will be fine. We're hitting a panic button that simply doesn't exist. Concussions happen in this sport and if need be, Reed can be moved further to the outside and that is a possibility when you consider his skillsets.

Inhale and exhale my friends. Inhale and exhale. There are no games on the schedule this week or next week. The staff has time to address many team needs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.