• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Five Potential New Names for Washington’s Football Team from Sports Illustrated

I'm completely heartbroken at the fact that this team's name is changing.

Any hope of me hanging on as a fan of the franchise and football in general rests on the new name carrying on with the Native American theme.

We have to keep the colours and logo. Plain and simple.

Otherwise, see ya later.

Professional football, for me, is no longer worthy of my time. I stopped any engagement with the NBA a few years ago and have never missed it or looked back. Football will be no different. It has become apples and oranges, unrecognizable from the game I fell in love with 50+ years ago.

The pandering, money-printing machine that it has become has lost this customer. But, hey, I am old and white so they don’t care anyway. So adieu NFL, good luck with your new target audience.

That said, Swamp Hogs seems appropriate considering the times.

Professional football, for me, is no longer worthy of my time. I stopped any engagement with the NBA a few years ago and have never missed it or looked back. Football will be no different. It has become apples and oranges, unrecognizable from the game I fell in love with 50+ years ago.

The pandering, money-printing machine that it has become has lost this customer. But, hey, I am old and white so they don’t care anyway. So adieu NFL, good luck with your new target audience.

That said, Swamp Hogs seems appropriate considering the times.
Yup, gave up on the NBA about a decade ago. And will at least stop watching the team in Washington with such fervor. We'll see if I can watch the NFL as a whole once the name change occurs.

I believe the college football is more exciting for years now. But...that will change too once those kids start getting paid.

I hear ya fellas, but as much as I am opposed to the name change - and believe me, I hate it with every ounce of my being - I don't know that it will discontinue my fandom. I mean, I have precious little else to root for these days. What I can guarantee is that all my Skins gear will be lovingly cared for until I join the dirt people, as a sign, if nothing else, that I loved them before the Troubles

Dude needs to find a new team to cover with his sensitive self. It’s gut wrenching to watch what this generation of SJW’s have done to our team....seriously sickening

Dude needs to find a new team to cover with his sensitive self. It’s gut wrenching to watch what this generation of SJW’s have done to our team....seriously sickening
SJW's? And I tried to be sensitive once, I just didn't get all touchy-feely about it.

SJW's? And I tried to be sensitive once, I just didn't get all touchy-feely about it.

The Social Justice Warriors are in hypersensitive mode now and have made the Redskins name public enemy #1. Placating to this nonsense will only embolden those touchy feely types to aim higher. This is just the beginning

The Washington Windtalkera.
That would honor NA and the military...and it's alliterative.

Didn’t even realize til just now when I said dude it was referring to the article author, & definitely not you. My bad

This recent redskin name change has me all flustered up

Didn’t even realize til just now when I said dude it was referring to the article author, & definitely not you. My bad

This recent redskin name change has me all flustered up
Everyone knew that - you’re all heart Win :cheers:

College Football and Pro Soccer keep my fandom plenty occupied. I'll miss the Redskins for nostalgic reasons but so much of the NFL makes me change the channel now that it's become an ordeal at times just to watch. The stupid anthem crap is enough to drive me off alone, this would make it a no brainer. Life's too short to spendf my time worrying about things that I find annoying and absurd.

Only solution is to ban ALL sports nicknames, forever. Pro and amateur.
Teams would simply be called by the city name of their choosing.

This, of course, only after all cities are renamed to satisfy the mob.

Which, of course, would be preceded by all the states being renamed to satisfy the mob.

But, not until after the country is renamed to satisfy the mob.

Oh wait, to try and satisfy the mob, won't we need to rename the planet first?

Then the country.
Then the states.
Then the COUNTIES. I almost forgot the COUNTIES.
Then the cities.

Well, I want to see pressure now to make the Indians, Braves and KC Chiefs.

Funny that years ago there were protesters in KC but they are not being covered now because Mahomes is the NFL’s biggest marketing asset

Indians are going to change their name most likely. They have already gotten rid of Chief Wahoo and openly said they are OK with it.

Seminoles
Aztecs
Fighting Irish

Weren't we the Braves when the team was in Boston years ago? Of course, someone would whine about that

Weren't we the Braves when the team was in Boston years ago? Of course, someone would whine about that
This was my suggestion, but a lot of the folks demanding a name change consider any use of Native American labels or images as demeaning. I don't personally get it. I think any name that isn't somehow historically linked to the franchise in one way or the other is going to be incredibly lame. I hate 'Warriors' and all of the iterations of 'Red-_____' somewhat awkward and nonsensical. I'm going to hate just about any alternative.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.