• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Five Potential New Names for Washington’s Football Team from Sports Illustrated

Boone....you're so filled with hate!!

I kid. I kid!

I haven't lived in times like these since the 60s. The violence is back - but not the mini-skirts. What's with that?!!

Here's what I guess I'll never understand.

Forget the polls and the NAs that have spoken in favor of the name in the past for a minute.

Redskins apparel gets worn everyday.
Folks decorate their cars and houses with the colors.
They also name their kids and pets after players from the team past and present.
Isn't that holding the name Redskins in reverence? How's that derogatory behavior?

Didn’t even realize til just now when I said dude it was referring to the article author, & definitely not you. My bad

This recent redskin name change has me all flustered up
S'ok brutha. I get that a lot. 😊

Boone....you're so filled with hate!!

I kid. I kid!

I haven't lived in times like these since the 60s. The violence is back - but not the mini-skirts. What's with that?!!
I hear you brother. I was only two years old.when the Summer of Love hit. How messed up izzat?

Redtails seem to be gaining momentum.

Can’t wait for the ‘spanked’ headlines after a bad loss.

Redtails just seems like pandering to me. The team has zero ties to the Tuskegee Airmen and its all the way down in Alabama.

I've seen people saying Redwolves online. Seems childish to me, but then again, so does changing the name.

If you're going to pick an animal, for me, it needs to be something indigenous to the area. And I really don't get the 'Red Wolves'-Native American combo. It seems like a desperate attempt to have anything 2 syllables that starts with 'Red'. I'm done with the whole Native American thing at this point. I get it. The whole 'more advanced culture wipes out less advanced culture' aspect of history is brutal. But that pretty much describes ALL of human history. The Redskins neither invented it, nor ever glorified it. It's also true that Native Americans brutally slaughtered many early settlers. That also kind of sucked. Bottom line, it's been nothing but a distraction weighing on this franchise for the past 20 years and if we're going to go through the pain of renaming a franchise, just move on.

I suspect they'll go with 'Warriors' and not change anything else. I dislike that idea intensely because I hate the 'thank you for your service', 'I support the troops' (whatever the **** that means), military worship BS the NFL has wrapped itself in over the years. As if football has anything to do with patriotism, the military, or much of anything beyond an entertaining weekend diversion.

Dan wants to keep the color scheme which is why "red" is being added to everything, I imagine.

The song is gone
the name is gone
the band is gone

Those are all major pieces of history just gone because of some PC mob who won't care about this in another week. The only thing I can be happy from all of this is that the minority stake owners are standing up to it and selling off. I imagine that is going to cost them a pretty penny, but they have the conviction to stand by what they believe.

I think all of the 'red' names are Twitter inventions. I doubt there's been any team discussion about 'redtails' or 'redwolves'.

Here's a thought. No name.

Just Washington. Even though the dipshits tearing the country apart want that gone too.

At the announcement, we request/encourage all sports franchises, in every sport, to end the use of nicknames.
Cause everything offends someone here in Buttercupville.

Then see if everyone not currently in the crosshairs stay silent.

Who believes it will be the end of it if we change the name?
The more we stupidly surrender to the whims of the enemy, and we all know who they are, the further down the shithole we go as a country.
Much less a sports franchise.

In no particular order...

1. RedWolves
2. Redwolves
3. Red-Wolves
4. Red-wolves
5. Red Wolves

Humor aside - this name makes sense. It has been used by military units. The wolf is held in high regard by Native Americans. The red wolf historical habitat has ranged in a triangle from Pennsylvania to Texas, Florida, the east coast, and all points in between.

It is critically endangered and there are programs to bring the red wolf population back. The team can draw attention to its plight and help increase awareness. It can also help bring the red wolves back from the brink of extinction.

I think all of the 'red' names are Twitter inventions. I doubt there's been any team discussion about 'redtails' or 'redwolves'.
I have to respectfully disagree here. The word is he wants to keep red in the name and redtails has been said by several reporters as well as Twitter. I think something with red in it sticks and Dan just tries to adjust the song to something like "hail to the redtails"

In no particular order...

1. RedWolves
2. Redwolves
3. Red-Wolves
4. Red-wolves
5. Red Wolves

Humor aside - this name makes sense. It has been used by military units. The wolf is held in high regard by Native Americans. The red wolf historical habitat has ranged in a triangle from Pennsylvania to Texas, Florida, the east coast, and all points in between.

It is critically endangered and there are programs to bring the red wolf population back. The team can draw attention to its plight and help increase awareness. It can also help bring the red wolves back from the brink of extinction.
I spent a decade in the military and have never heard ‘Red Wolves‘.And we aren’t the Audubon Society :). But we can agree to disagree.

I have to respectfully disagree here. The word is he wants to keep red in the name and redtails has been said by several reporters as well as Twitter. I think something with red in it sticks and Dan just tries to adjust the song to something like "hail to the redtails"

Where’d you hear ‘the word’ Mike - on Twitter? :)

Im not rooting for ‘the Redtails’. You have to draw the line somewhere.

Here's a thought. No name.

Just Washington. Even though the dipshits tearing the country apart want that gone too.

At the announcement, we request/encourage all sports franchises, in every sport, to end the use of nicknames.
Cause everything offends someone here in Buttercupville.

Then see if everyone not currently in the crosshairs stay silent.

Who believes it will be the end of it if we change the name?
The more we stupidly surrender to the whims of the enemy, and we all know who they are, the further down the shithole we go as a country.
Much less a sports franchise.

Would Washington even be acceptable?

I spent a decade in the military and have never heard ‘Red Wolves‘.And we aren’t the Audubon Society :). But we can agree to disagree.

Detachment 2, 336th Training Squadron

HSC-84.jpg

HSC-84x2.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.