• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Firearm Thread

Took my MN carry license class last weekend, best $100 and 3 hour zoom class ever spent. Still have to pass the practical and register with the sheriff here, but so glad I finally applied to one of these classes.

I have my CCW course this Sunday. $75 bucks. 6 hour class, 2 hour range and I'm certified.

My wife was nervous for me to get it, but after "all this" she got me the course for Father's Day with a note saying "gun next" :)

That’s awesome, you should sign her up and make it a date.

she has zero interest right now. I just got her to agree to getting herself an AR and learning to use it.

Right on. If you’re still undecided on what to buy I own a Springfield mod 2 & love it.

This guy is weird but he reviews all kinds of firearms on his range if you were teetering one or the other on a couple models. He’s probably reviewed what you’re looking at.

I appreciate it. I have a few already, but I am going Sig 365XL for my every day carry.

I just renewed my concealed carry permit. I rarely carry on my body but a weapon is never far away. You know, for the next rabid raccoon attack :)

Curious, would your employer allow you to carry on site?

No. I can have it in my vehicle - but can't carry at work. If I were able, I'd probably have a weapon in my office. Active shooter scenario and all, especially since my unit is one floor below the psych unit and I've been assaulted once already in my career by a psychotic 350 lb body builder on PCP. Guy ended one of our Security Guards career and had some fun flinging my around the room as I tried to subdue him until additional males arrived - took 7 of us to get him down and under control. I'll never forget that.

I figured, unless you’re the boss making decisions I’d bet most employers are against carrying as well. Big crazies like that are exactly why I want to carry.

They don't even allow our security to carry arms. Crazy. And it almost cost one of their staff his life.

no way my work would be OK with it. We have "armed intruder drills" all the time and have signs up to not ever open the door for people, but they won't allow employees to be armed.

Well, there are good rationales for it. In the scenario I was part of, by the time I entered the room the security guard was unconscious and being kicked in the head by this giant psychotic dude. If that security guard had had a weapon, I probably wouldn't be alive. He wasn't, so I went spider monkey on his ass. He flung me around the room for 3 or 4 minutes until reinforcements arrived, but I got a few licks in and that bronco didn't throw me.... lol.

Btw - while all this was going on, there were at least 15 people outside who did nothing to help. Unbelievable.

Hi Uncle Sam!

I live in Maryland...no CCW for this guy. I hate it!

Last edited:
Uncle Sam can look all he wants. It is my 2nd amendment right and I express it!

Uncle Sam can look all he wants. It is my 2nd amendment right and I express it!
You don't live in the Peoples Republic of Maryland where they have red flag laws.

Just 2 weeks ago the police showed up to the house of an elementary school student who was participating in an online class. He was a Boy Scout who had his BB gun and Bow hung on the wall behind him in his bedroom, visible during the class time. They were there to investigate a call from the principal of the school about a gun. They considered the boy to be in school while on the video call, therefore he was committing an offense worthy expulsion from school, and possible crimes.

Last edited:
Sweet Jeebus I couldn’t handle living In Maryland. Minneapolis looks like Fallujah right now but the further north you go the more normalized society is. It’s slow paced country living here, exactly what I need.

As far as the .45 goes its extremely manageable, accurate and has a smooth action. My .40 cal kicks more, which is kinda weird in the scheme of things. Doubt I’d stray from Springfield & Glock for future buys.

its 90% of the reason why we didn't move back there. I was looking all over Burtonsville back where I lived and we had found several homes we wanted to look at. But, someone said "look at the gun laws" and we both immediately changed our minds.

I miss MD at times. but, no thank you!

Maryland has been home for 50+ yrs of my life. Beautiful mountains to the west. Beautiful ocean to the east. Awesome Bay in the middle, kinda. Lots of lush farmland all over. Good, hard working people occupy most of state's acreage.

But 5-6 counties in the middle of it make it a modern day political shithole. The depth of stupidity that oozes out of Annapolis, especially the gun laws, is too embedded for me to ever see it change in my lifetime. Unfortunately for me, it's not fiscally smart to leave, yet. If I make it to retirement, it won't be lived here.
Promise. Cross my heart and hope to die.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.