• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Fire Shanahan on Tuesday November 26th at 10am!

The Saints found Sean Payton and the Ravens found Harbaugh. These guys are out there. You need a GM that can properly evaluate other staffs to see the up and comers and evaluate which ones can translate their X's and O's skills to leading a TEAM and being a capable field general.

You won't see Cerrato back here for the reason that Snyder I think has learned his lesson. He needs to have a recognized GM as head of the football operation, for one it prevents him from being the primary focus of fan discontent if things don't go well :)

I don't see Snyder as being a Jerry Jones that is wedded to an approach for life as owner. He has had control, shared control and given control to others. In other words I think he is legitimately trying to produce a winning formula.

This time around I think we need a YOUNGER coach who has not already won a Super Bowl as HC somewhere else to come in and put in the 12-14 hour days that Payton and the Harbaughs do to build their clubs into winners.

When you look at the history there have only been a few coaches that have managed to get TWO teams to the Super Bowl in recent times, Dick Vermeil with the Eagles in 1980 and Rams in 1999 and Bill Parcells in 1986, 1990 with the Giants and 1996with the Patriots.

Jimmy Johnson, George Seifert, Mike Ditka, etc. have all failed in translating success to their second teams over the years.

We need to go in another direction.

And that means no Bill Cowher, no Mike McCarthy (if available), no Jon Gruden.

That's the way this was SUPPOSED to work, I think. I really believe Allen and Snyder thought that we would be playoff participants regularly by now, and Mike would be getting ready to hand the reins over to his young, offensive genius, Kyle.

When you stop and think about it, it really was a good idea, and a good play. It didn't work out as well as they wanted, but it had the stability of a two time SB winner along with an offensive prodigy.

Well, in football they say....."there's always next year". I don't blame the players for going through the motions now. All is lost on this season, and what it tells me is that they are tuning out the coaches. Well, so what? I'm not going to shoot the players, we need them more than the coaches. Offer the coaches up for a tribal sacrifice.

I have a completely different approach to resoving this debacle of a team. Take a positive approach and not a doom & gloom, take out a gun and ready shoot aim. No. Need to work through this positively. Bring in all the coaches into Snyders office. Then Snyder excuses four guys, Shanahan, Kyle, Special Teams coach and Haslett. Then talk to the rest of the staff to determine who wants to be here, and who can be a potential leader. Next I promote Kyle to head coach, kick Mike to the front office and off the sidelines, kick Haz upstairs into the booth on game days so we don't have to hear from him, and re-assign speacial teams guy to the equipment room. Promote Raheem to DC and leave OC empty. At year end, fire the those four guys and Kyle too. Unless there's some unkown reason to keep Kyle but since I already promoted him to HC, then he has to go in the offseason. In this way we give the impression we are not cleaning house wholesale, but giving staff an oppportunity to earn their jobs too. Its what any coach would expect in coming here. Before Gibbs came back we had a terrible reputation around the league on hiring coaches, let's don't go down that road again. With Griffin and Morris, this place ought to be a desired destination for any player and coach, so I'll say it again.......there's always next year.

BT, he did the same thing at Tampa Bay when bringing in a few Raiders and that includes the HC. It produced a SB winner. However, I do think that his talents are not as football mind, just on the business side and PR. His strengths there are proven.

Not concerned with the Bucs players that came our way - we had no other choice with the cap constraints. The team needed bodies at a low cost.

Allen and Gruden inherited a talented team from Dungy. Allen didn't build the team in Tampa. In Oakland we all know the Al Davis had his hand in picking players.

I think Allen is an asset in PR and business side. Like Shanahan, his weakness is judging talent.

this team should be a marquee destination, we have an owner who will spend money, a great tradition, and are in a huge media centre, but weve become a joke.

we need a young group thats willing to put in the time, no more big names who already have a legacy

My point is that the personnel moves have been uneven in results and we have to recognize that more than a couple of the mistakes by the FO came in 2010 and 2011 before the cap penalty.

That is one of the reasons there wasn't more talent greeting Griffin and Morris when they came in the 2012 draft.

At least as a head coach he won with two late career veterans in Gannon and Brad Johnson at qb.

You have to go back to his days as an asst on other staffs to see him working with young qbs.

Food for thought (and it is more than just a Thanksgiving turkey with all the fixins').

Mike Shanahan has one winning season in the last six years (seven if you count the year that he did not coach). That one season was something of a miracle, but the rest speaks for itself.

Food for thought (and it is more than just a Thanksgiving turkey with all the fixins').

Mike Shanahan has one winning season in the last six years (seven if you count the year that he did not coach). That one season was something of a miracle, but the rest speaks for itself.

And if my name was McD5, I would add to that, that it's been over 10 years since he's made the playoffs :)

I'm with the Jay Gruden crowd. Young football mind with pedigree looking to set himself apart from his brother.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

A couple of caveats to my prior comments about Shanny. I could see bringing him back for another season without renewing his contract. However I'd only do it if he fires Haslett. I think with an even halfway decent defense we'd probably be 6-5 right now which would make the conversation around here and the overall picture totally different.

I like our offense. I mean I really do. We run the ball on almost everyone and yet we can still pass the ball effectively when needed; better at the latter last year but still. I see us as being more or less what the Texans could have been if they'd found a real QB to run their offense instead of Schaub...except that our defense sucks total ass. Therefore, I'd just like to give Shanny one more year with Griff in the same offense, a real RT AND a better defensive coordinator/scheme and see what happens. The wildcard is whether we can keep things together just enough to keep the players from totally giving up on Shanny because if that happens, it's over and we might as well move on.

...The wildcard is whether we can keep things together just enough to keep the players from totally giving up on Shanny because if that happens, it's over and we might as well move on.

I believe this has already happened. And like others have said, if he is kept on one more year, he has to be given a contract extension or free agents won't want to come here.

Give him a two year extension, with an out after next season, and let him get the 5 years he said he needed.

With so many, being so overly concerned, with the mythical notion that we are a laughing stock, it's ironic that anyone would advocate giving validity to the notion, by firing the Sham, short of his contracted 5 year term. And, during the season, to boot. Unless validating the myth, making it seem real, is their main concern.

Give him a two year extension, with an out after next season, and let him get the 5 years he said he needed.

With so many, being so overly concerned, with the mythical notion that we are a laughing stock, it's ironic that anyone would advocate giving validity to the notion, by firing the Sham, short of his contracted 5 year term. And, during the season, to boot. Unless validating the myth, making it seem real, is their main concern.

Sure, let's give more time to prove everyone correct who suggested 4 years ago that he was incapable building a team as the Head Coach so it takes longer to get someone in here to do it right...like a real GM.

If we keep him, yes...give him the extension. After 4 years, he's proven he can make a bad situation worse. Dump him! Dump him now and start the search for a GM and then let the GM build the team.

bad situation worse?

how easily people forget how completely dysfunctional this organization was prior to him coming here.

bad situation worse?

how easily people forget how completely dysfunctional this organization was prior to him coming here.

And the dysfunction is still here. We have a prima dona QB we spent 3 1st round draft picks and a 2nd, a coach who has lost control of the team, defensive coordinator that is a shell of a man, and a special teams group that is flat out terrible. I have to give him credit for 1 Division crown, but we are 3-8 and very bad...in his 4th season. Very reminiscent of Zorn...only difference is we are 4 years down the line.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.