• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Farewell, 47

Gotta say that I will most likely become an instant fan of whatever team that Cooley becomes a member of - barring a divisional team. That's how much he's liked.
And even though he was one of the biggest Dallas-haters on the team, why do I get this uneasy, unexplainable feeling that Dallas might sign him ?

Fred Davis and Niles Paul give us speed and playmaking ability at TE.

The third TE here has to be a blocker first and that was more Paulsen than Cooley.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

He'll always be a Redskin, much like when we let portis go, I understand but it still freaking sucks.

Let's just hope Davis can stay off the weed.

Last season he said he would retire and not play for any other team. He said he was a true redskin.

If he stands by that, I wonder what's the chances he becomes part of the staff or coaching ?

And with his personality, he would surely be a hit as an NFL commentator, or maybe a local analyst in D.C., as well.

A ham sammich for Barnes and not even a PBJ for Cooley?

Chris Cooley will always be one of my favorite Skins. My favorite play was toward the end of the first half of our 35-7 trouncing of the Cowgirls in 05. He caught a short pass out wide and ran it for ~40 yards to put a dagger in their hearts before half time was even over.

Here's a couple of shots I took of him at a scrimmage with the Ravens back in '06.

DSC_0340.jpg

DSC_0343-1.jpg

DSC_0196-3.jpg

Cooley can still find a job but he no longer has the quickness to make plays down the field.

He is the perfect #2 TE for a number of teams.

Before Gronk and Hernandez I would have thought NE or even Indy when Manning was there.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hOHD4MPGU8[/media]

Cooley can still find a job but he no longer has the quickness to make plays down the field.

He is the perfect #2 TE for a number of teams.

Before Gronk and Hernandez I would have thought NE or even Indy when Manning was there.

What about Denver? Jacob Tamme is out there I believe. Other than him...a former backup in Indy...who do they have? Cooley and Manning probably would work well together and it's not far from where Cooley is from...well closer than DC anyway.

He helped me get comfortable with this team & this offense. He is a legend in my mind and will be missed. Thank You Chris Cooley -Robert Griffin III

:)

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKjT0GTMOag[/media]

Took me in, treated me like his lil brother & was the one who truly helped me believe that I could play TE in this league. Sad day... #HTTR -Niles Paul

I could see cooley in Denver, it was my first thought for where he could end up.

Cooley? Quickness?

He was never "quick," and certainly not fast. He had a knack for finding the soft spot of a zone and getting open, and then it always took more than one guy to bring him down. He was the quintessential 'safety valve,' in that you could generally count on #47 being open.

I could see cooley in Denver, it was my first thought for where he could end up.

I'm betting he ends up a New York Jet.

EDIT: Which is sad, those awful fans don't deserve a player like Cooley.

Cooley? Quickness?

He was never "quick," and certainly not fast. He had a knack for finding the soft spot of a zone and getting open, and then it always took more than one guy to bring him down. He was the quintessential 'safety valve,' in that you could generally count on #47 being open.

You have to have a really good degree of quickness, in order to continually get open.
Especially in Cooley's case, when other teams knew he was usually our best receiver on the team, or close to it.

You have to have a really good degree of quickness, in order to continually get open

That's not true at all. Precise route-running will do the trick, just look at Steve Largeant. He ran a 17 second 40, but was always open.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.