• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Enough Was Enough for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
here is a positive thought for you...

the upcoming season is going to be a lot of fun and our beloved redskins are building for the future. it will be fun to watch.

the upcoming season is going to be a lot of fun and our beloved redskins are building for the future. it will be fun to watch.
Yes, but for heaven's sake ... enough with the 30+ year old vets!! :)

Hey SKF,

and welcome.
I think everybody here is here for one reason or another. Either they just wanted a change, to try to jump on something new and be a part of something new, met an ill fate with a ban hammer or it was just time to move on.

Either way many veteran Redskin message board posters will recognize some of the people here. I know what Boone and Om bring to the table so I knew this would be the place for me as a regular poster.

And the great thing about BGO is that it has the classic "home" feel of another site before a certain merger, yet has come up with some highly original ideas that makes it better. I also appreciate how this is a content oriented site and gets better based on what the members bring to the site.

That said, the site for which you speak is still a great site and there are people there who work very hard to keep the ginormous site in check. And trust me, you may still pop in there every once in a while just to see what's going on after taking a hiatus from it.

this is all I'll say:

- there are great people who work there

- it is emphatically no longer a great site...it is riven with hypocrisy top to bottom

- the site eats its own

- the OP is correct...the quality of content has deteriorated as the age of the avergae poster has descended....but I digress

this is all I'll say:

- there are great people who work there

- it is emphatically no longer a great site...it is riven with hypocrisy top to bottom

- the site eats its own

- the OP is correct...the quality of content has deteriorated as the age of the avergae poster has descended....but I digress

you're right and your comments explain why I'm not a regular poster over there anymore.

Meh! I got banned and at this point don't care anymore. I enjoyed my time there, met a lot of good people, created a number of friends and carried some of those relationships over here.

Glad to have been a part of that board and now grateful to be here!

I was a little reluctant to join here, at first. I think it was the flowers from Boone, along with the autographed nipple ring photo, that got me to finally do it.

Then, when I got here, I see Sarge is already here.

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now all we need is Chomerics!

I enjoyed the other board because of all of the news stories. I do not live in the D.C. area so it was my best source of Skins news the past couple of years. I still visit there and read.

I always had a hard time making friends over there because it is so big. Your posts kind of get lost in the mess unless you post something provocative, or at least that is how I feel. No one ever responded to anything I wrote unless of course it was to point out how much my opinion sucked.

So far, I am really enjoying this board. It is smaller, not in a bad way, but in a way that it makes me feel as if I am having a discussion amongst friends (I don't have friends in real life) :). The size helps make it easier to remember people. In a couple of years over there I had about 600 posts, a couple of months here and I am already around 150.

So far, I am really enjoying this board. It is smaller, not in a bad way, but in a way that it makes me feel as if I am having a discussion amongst friends (I don't have friends in real life) :). The size helps make it easier to remember people. In a couple of years over there I had about 600 posts, a couple of months here and I am already around 150.

cmon now! we all know size doesn't matter...or so I have been told....:)

cmon now! we all know size doesn't matter...or so I have been told....:)

That is what women tell men with small um....you know. If it was bigger, you would never hear that statement. I tell you what will help you...a corvette, porsche, or a really large truck.

This board is like that other board was about eight years ago. And I mean that in a good way.

The great thing is, you can come here for serious quality Redskins talk, or you can go there for instantaneous updates and constant discussion.

Fortunately, the internet doesn't make us pick only one. :)

That is what women tell men with small um....you know. If it was bigger, you would never hear that statement. I tell you what will help you...a corvette, porsche, or a really large truck.

I defer to your experience/wisdom!

Welcome to the board guys.

Before we can teach you the secret handshake though we need to know where you stand on the idea of new uniforms, specifically black ones. :twitch:

Not a fan of black uni's.. but I like the idea of bringing back gold pants to the home uniforms.

I also like the burgundy on burgundy look as well. I just like to mix it up.. so things don't get too stagnant.

B on B i'd like once or twice a year and that's it.

That's a bit of an inside joke.

In another place and time I used to see threads pop up regarding uniform color choices with frighting regularity. It was treated like a legitimate issue with folks taking sides and making impassioned arguments. I don't know what I hated more, the discussion itself or the fact that I actually read through some of the posts. I disgust me. :puke:

That's a bit of an inside joke.

In another place and time I used to see threads pop up regarding uniform color choices with frighting regularity. It was treated like a legitimate issue with folks taking sides and making impassioned arguments. I don't know what I hated more, the discussion itself or the fact that I actually read through some of the posts. I disgust me. :puke:

Don't be so hard on yourself, HF, you know how everybody clogs the northbound lane slowing down to gawk at a wreck in the southbound lane-it's only human. LOL! :biggrin2:

I was a little reluctant to join here, at first. I think it was the flowers from Boone, along with the autographed nipple ring photo, that got me to finally do it.

Then, when I got here, I see Sarge is already here.

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now all we need is Chomerics!

Indeed, we need communism to be represented as well:)

Unfortunately, when Obama was elected, he probably had multiple orgasms and stroked himself out :laugh:

For the record ... to all those who are/were not part of the other site still being discussed here, whether you have joined or not, please don't for a minute think BGO isn't welcoming of any and all. We don't care what site you frequented before or if you frequent others still. We don't care if you've never posted on a message board at all. What we want here are Redskins fans here who are knowledgeable, articulate, passionate, and understand what it means to be civil regardless of level of passion in a given moment.

And in the absence of all that we'll continue take the riff-raff who have come from various places to populate the place so far. We're kinda like America ... we'll take the poor huddled masses and wretched refuse from just about anywhere. :)

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjlw4Edt-e8[/media]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.