• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Ed Reed

He was also very critical of the coaching staff after their loss to Arizona, which might have had something to do with it. He's nowhere near his former self, but with the status of our secondary, I'd bring him in for the rest of the year. At the very worst he's someone who Rambo can learn from.

Depends on how much he wants.. If Houston is payin him the remainder of the year and he's willing to come here for vet min... why the heck not? I don't wanna spend anything on him, but the guy knows how to play safety.

Depends on how much he wants.. If Houston is payin him the remainder of the year and he's willing to come here for vet min... why the heck not? I don't wanna spend anything on him, but the guy knows how to play safety.

He was in Houston on a 3-year, $15M deal, but 2014 and 2015 were nonguaranteed. So it was essentially a 1-year, $6M deal ($6M guaranteed over the life of the contract). Depending on how much of that the Texans paid up front, at best we'd be on the hook for around 44% of his $1M base salary this year. I don't know enough about contracts though to say how much we'd owe.

Also, that's if we put in a waiver claim...if he clears waivers, I believe we can just sign him to a brand new deal, but I'm not sure on that either.

This is a public service announcement......Please stop the nonsense..... This message has been brought to you for your own good.

on a serious note getting rambo experience seems like a significantly better option.

unless reed will return punts.

I can see both sides of it. If he's cheap, why not being him in, if nothing more, he'd be by far the most intellectual safety on the squad. In a secondary this young, it might not hurt. That being said, obviously as my good friend Big Mike pointed out to me, his health would be of concern, and also who do we dump to clear a roster spot if we make the move?

Wasn't Ed Reed good friends with Sean Taylor, or am I thinking of someone else.
That in itself deserves a shot, for him

Ed & Sean only played one season together, 2001. But I'm sure they spent a lot of time together as they played the same position, so did the same drills, etc. Different positions tend to 'clique' together on football teams as well. I'm sure they were more than just acquaintances, but I'm not sure how good of friends they actually were.

I was needing a good bm today, this thought has given me the necessary stomach curdling to achieve that

A few things:

1. Ed Reed and ST were very close. They paid him a big tribute after he passed.

Ray Lewis, Ed Reed & W. McGahee Pay Tribute To Sean Taylor - YouTube

2. He's pretty cheap. Only $400k for the rest of the season, plus another $62k for each game he's active. With 7 games left, the max contract would be $834,000.

3. In contrast, we have a receiver who will make $2.2 million in that same time.

4. He's definitely approaching the end of his career. By signing him, you might be stealing away some developmental time from a guy like Rambo.

5. He's going on waivers, where all teams will have a shot at him. He may not even make it to us if we are even interested.

Would Reed be an asset on the field? That is debatable.

However, I don't think it would be debatable that he would be an asset in the film room and the locker room. This is a man who knows how hard you have to work as individual to be the best and how hard the whole defense has to work to be the best unit in the NFL. He takes pride in it. It's the kind of leadership that coaches have a hard time providing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.