• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Ed Reed

they did that tribute because he went to Miami where they all did. That has nothing to do with the friendship and its the reason that only those 3 are in the video and huddle.

Nothing to do with their friendship? I suppose you are close friends with Ed, Ray & Willis, and have spoken to them about it? Reed & McGahee both played with Sean, I'm sure friendship had something to do with it.

Would Reed be an asset on the field? That is debatable.

However, I don't think it would be debatable that he would be an asset in the film room and the locker room. This is a man who knows how hard you have to work as individual to be the best and how hard the whole defense has to work to be the best unit in the NFL. He takes pride in it. It's the kind of leadership that coaches have a hard time providing.

Exactly! He could be tremendous even with a few pointers in the film room. I'm not sure if you can teach his type of ball-hawking ability; that;s more just instinct, but he can certainly lead by example in the film room and team meetings.

The Redskins likely have no interest.

Although, he could probably replace Haslett or Raheem immediately.

If we would pick up Reed, we should drop sleepy Davis. What a total waste of a roster spot that guy is.

I have mixed feelings on this, it would be nice to have a guy like Reed to teach the young players, but it would suck to have their playing time taken away.

Davis and Grossman are two huge wastes of roster spots.
We could hire some serious special teams help for those 2 spots.
In fact, I'm hearing that's one reason Davis is inactive, because he can't play ST.
They why not just cut him, and sign someone who CAN play ST ??

In fact, I'm hearing that's one reason Davis is inactive, because he can't play ST.

I kinda understand the Grossman thing, he is football smart and it doesn't hurt to have a 3rd qb. You never know when we could need him....

Davis is exactly what is wrong with this team, why are we keeping undisciplined trash like that on the team? Cut his sorry ass

That's rewarding players to go AWOL on us. Its the same as it would have allowing Haynesworth to walk... its a never ending cycle if you let it happen that way. Someone wants out of their contract... they act afool. Yay I get to keep my signing bonus.

Let him rot on the inactive list.

I'd pass. It's debatable how much he has left in the tank and in the past several seasons he hasn't been able to stay healthy anyway. A bad team with a good defense just said not only did they not value his play on the field but didn't like his attitude either. We want that? He's not going to turn this defense around with 7 games left, coming off another injury at 35 years old. Stop kidding yourself. We're going to need a new DC and some additional young talent for the defense here to improve. I have no idea how willingly he would be a mentor to our guys anyway. Let's just give our young guys as much playing time as we can and bite the bullet till we can make real improvements.

That's rewarding players to go AWOL on us. Its the same as it would have allowing Haynesworth to walk... its a never ending cycle if you let it happen that way. Someone wants out of their contract... they act afool. Yay I get to keep my signing bonus.

Let him rot on the inactive list.

So we hurt the team and waste a roster spot, just for the sake of "sending a message"
Supposedly, Davis only gets a bonus if he's on the active roster a certain number of games.

So we hurt the team and waste a roster spot, just for the sake of "sending a message"
Supposedly, Davis only gets a bonus if he's on the active roster a certain number of games.

You're onto something!

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 2

Rex Ryan knows defenses. And he knows how to get someone pumped up.

I think Reed was/still injured. But I believe that he will be more motivated in NY than in Houston. Plus that D is playing lights out right now.

but you didn't want him here?

I think he'll do well in New York, I really wish we'd signed him. Was he claimed off waivers by the Jets?

Ryan also already coached Reed, which may help make that a good fit.

The Redskins scheme doesn't fit Reed's 'rover' style of play. And at 3-6 I doubt Washington was really attractive to Reed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.