• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Dwayne Haskins- Improving His Physique

You guys are funny :) Because none of the rest of us human beings have ever fluctuated in terms of our weight or fitness level, right? I get that Haskins is a pro athlete and the expectations for fitness level are high (and should be), especially for a high NFL draft pick. But maybe he had some minor injuries that kept him from coming into camp in 2019 in peak shape? Maybe he's a stress eater and that was his way of dealing with the pressure? Who the hell knows? There are a lot of reasons folks pick up or shed weight and in my opinion, most of them don't really speak to who we are as individuals to any great degree.

Why is it so hard to simply say 'Man, he looks like he's in incredible shape - that's awesome!'

It's not hard to say. It's largely irrelevant. I just don't care. Nothing I have seen or heard from this kid convinces me he's all that savvy. What is becoming increasingly amusing is the energy spent rationalizing/protecting the kid. That I do find interesting. Why would anyone care whether I happen to sit on the rah rah wagon for his off-season activities or not? None of it matters. He either produces in camp and on the field or he doesn't. I distrust media and social media so thoroughly now, it is so easily and constantly manipulated, that only results matter for me.

You gotta think of it like this:

he went from a college player probably on a meal plan provided by his school due to "not being paid" to a millionaire who can afford steak AND shrimp in the same meal! I know when I got my first good paying IT job I went up in weight.

Kid looks good. his throws seem to be sharp, he is explaining them as we watch videos, and he is getting chemistry with his teammates.

The doughboy photo is from the combine while he was still a ‘student’. So he was only being paid by OSU at that time. 😉

Now I am wondering if that will make you watch it quicker or not LOL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.