• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Draft Day Tailgate

pez

Camp Fodder
Reaction score
Official Mega Draft Day Party Tailgate

Official Mega Draft Day Party Tailgate

ddpt.jpg

Official Groups Participating:
- ExtremeSkins
- BGObsession
- HTTR 24/7
- Son Of Washington
- Sports Journey
- RedskinsHeads
- HailRedskins
- theHogs.net
- CPND
- WarPath
- Hogs Haven
- Diesel 44 Bus Tailgate Team
- Redskins Fans Meetup
- Facebook

You tell 'em I'm coming!.. and I'm bringing pig with me!

Well, it has been a great hibernation, and we are fully rested and raring to go! We have not
seen our redskins family in about 3 months and we have been missing you all! This is THE
THREAD for THE TAILGATE! This is the one everyone loves. A great day of good drinks,
good food, good music and good company! This is Draft Day Party Tailgate! An event that
goes from dawn till dusk. A day where we don't have to rush around, a day where we don't
have to worry about a win or a loss, just a great day to have fun with all your fellow redskins
fans. We will once again have one of the greatest bands from this area play with us again:
Sons of the Radio! So come on out, bring your friends, bring your families, and bring your
love for our one and only Washington Redskins!

Once again, we will have containers available for the Extremeskins Charities. There
will be two containers. One container will be for pop tabs (the little tabs on the top of
aluminum beer and soda cans). This is to benefit the Ronald McDonald House. If you
drink a beer or coke, don't forget to take off the tab and put it in the container before
throwing away! The other container is for monetary donations to this year's Official
Extremeskins Charity: The Children's Inn at NIH.

NOTE: This will be the last opportunity to donate to the Children's Inn at NIH,
Please donate what you can!

If you would like to donate online, check out this link:
http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?380471

Our tailgates these past years have been absolutely fantastic and I want to thank every
single one of you guys, because people have been stepping up more and more with lots of
great food, drinks and much needed supplies. This tailgate is getting bigger and better year
after year, and the reason is because each and every one of you does such an awesome
job. Don't think this goes unnoticed either... The Redskins organization knows who we are
and likes how we present ourselves as fans and as responsible tailgaters. Lets continue to
do our best as the best tailgate at Fedex Field!

Many of you are familiar with our tailgates, but I like to emphasize that we try to be as
organized as we possibly can. At the bottom of the Official Extremeskins Draft Day Party
Tailgate post on the Extremeskins.com site, you will see 4 sections (Food, Drinks, Supplies
and Needed Items). We ask that if you plan on attending, and if you can donate items to the
tailgate, that you check what we have and what we need and post what you can bring. I will
keep the lists updated as frequently as I can. We understand that in some situations, that
folks cannot bring something, but we do ask that people who regularly attend the tailgate try
to chip in something.

PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! Remember:
Food/Drinks/Supplies are appreciated over monetary donations

What is it:

We are a gathering of die hard Washington Redskins fans who love to come together and
have a good time out in the lots before and after the game. Our tailgate has become a very
popular point at Fedex Field, and we have been featured on numerous news and television
shows. If you like to eat great food and enjoy tasty beverages while playing games, listening
to tunes and chatting about the burgundy and gold with fellow die hard fans, then this is the
place for you!

When is it:

April 27th (Saturday). From Dawn until Dusk! There will be a group of us there for our
ritualistic: "Shots at Dawn"

Where is it::

Platinum A Lot.
I am not sure on the specific number quite yet, but the section is listed as A1 on Fedex
Field's Parking Guide you can see here:

http://prod.static.redskins.clubs.nfl.com/assets/docs/Stadium-Parking-Map.pdf

We will essentially be in the same spot as last year, however, we may end up being a couple
rows further out from the stadium than previously, as it looks like they may have installed
more of those solar power overhangs. If it is a nice day, we want to be able to catch some
rays I have put together a series of maps that should help you find the location easily, but if
you get to the general vicinity of the the A1 Platinum lot, you should have no problem
identifying us.

map1_s.jpg

Map 1

map2_s.jpg

Map 2

map3_s.jpg

Map 3

map4_s.jpg

Map 4

Who can come:

Absolutely everyone... the more the merrier! This tailgate originated as a tailgate for the
ExtremeSkins board, but it has expanded and has brought in not only folks from other fan
sites, but it has become a haven for all Redskins fans, their friends and their families. We
accept fans of all sorts, even of other teams. We ask if you come to the tailgate, that you
remember one thing... treat others as you would want to be treated! We appreciate the
razzing of opponents fans, as a matter of fact, we encourage it! We do not however,
tolerate any physical violence, threats, property damage, etc...

Fans of all ages are welcome (We have non-alcoholic items as well). We have lots of kids
at our tailgate!

I will be updating the top of this event posting with the official groups/sites who will be
attending.

What can I do:

We prefer that folks bring food/drinks/supplies rather than money. While we do not solicit any
contributions to the tailgate, they are welcome. Many of us who help run the tailgate spend a
lot of money on the supplies that we provide at every tailgate. Anything you can do to help is
highly desired and appreciated, such as bringing food, drinks, supplies or even helping with
tailgate setup or breakdown.

During the course of this tailgate's history, every year, we have had people step up and
become core members that help with the organization, setup and supply of the tailgate,
which has resulted in its success. If you would like to help out in this capacity, please let us
know.

If you are bringing a food, drink or supply item to the tailgate, please post a response on this
page, on the Extremeskins page, or message me with what you plan to bring !!

Who to contact:

You can get most of your questions answered in this thread, but if you have specific questions
or concerns, please contact Huly or myself via PM or by emailing: pez@gwu.edu

We will try to get back to you in a timely manner, but remember, most questions can be
answered by members in this thread we have a lot of Tailgate veterans!

==================================================

FOOD LIST ==========

1 Whole Roasted Pig (ES: Pez/Huly)
8 lbs Shrimp Scampi (ES: Skinsfan1311)
7 lbs Chesapeake Style Pork Ribs (RH: Mike Hernick)
? Marinated Beef Short Ribs (ES: skinslove<3)
1 Lg Pack Sirloin Burgers w/Buns (ES: redskinsfanatical)
? Jalapeno & Onion Burgers w/Buns (BGO: tshile)
? Burgers w/Buns (FB: Chris Walton)
? Spicy Chicken (ES: skinslove<3)
? Chicken (FB: Chris Walton)
2-3 lbs Turkey Muffins (ES: TK)
1 Cedar Plank Salmon (ES: Skinsfan1311)
12 8-Packs of Nathans Cheddar Cheese Hot Dogs (ES: TK)
4 lbs Hebrew National Hot Dogs w/Buns & Fixins (ES: Skinsfan1311)
50 Hot Dogs w/Buns & lots of fixins (FB: Ben Landas)
1 pack of Brats (ES: MarkB452)
? Brats or Hot Dogs (FB: TracyLee Skins Allen)
? Brats or Hot Fogs (FB: Carlton Bubba Skins Ray)
? Hot Dogs (FB: Clayton Proctor)
? Hot Dogs (HR: hail2skins)
? Hot Dogs w/Buns (FB: Chris Walton)
1 Batch of Pasta Salad (FB: Andrea Chanelle)
1 Batch of Cheesy Corn Bake (FB: Chuck Dow)
2-3 Bags of Chips (FB: Samir Mishra)
? Chips (BGO: fansince62)
1 Batch of Jalapeno (not on a steek) Cheddar Dip (ES: skinslove<3)
1 Batch of 7 Layer Dip (BGO: fansince62)
1 Batch of Spinach Dip (ES: LetThePointsSoar)
1 Batch of Salsa (FB: Samir Mishra)
1 Batch of Dip (FB: Samir Mishra)
1 Lg Coldstone Ice Cream Cake (ES: MarkB452)
2 Batches of Cookies (ES: wredskin)
2 Gallons of Cow Town BBQ Sauce (FB: Michael Kennedy)
1 Batch of Homemade Carolina Style Vinegar Sauce (ES: Skinsfan1311)
1 Bottle of Ketchup (FB: Chris Walton)
1 Bottle of Mustard (FB: Chris Walton)

DRINK LIST ==========

"THE BAR" (ES: Tastes Like Chicken/Ben)
1 Bottle of Capt Morgan's Private Stock (ES: TK)
1 Bottle of Johnny Walker Blue (FB: Ben Landas)
1 Bottle of Evan Williams Black Bourbon (ES: Skinsfan1311)
1 Bottle of Liquor (FB: Andrea Chanelle)
? Liquor (FB: TracyLee Skins Allen)
5 Gallons of Hand Grenades (ES: skinsfan44)
1 Batch of Apple Pie Moonshine (FB: Susan Hunter)
12 Pack of Mike's Hard Black Cherry Lemonade (ES: MarkB452)
1 Keg of Beer (FB: Rob Delatos)
2 30-packs of Beer (FB: Chris Walton)
1 Case of Beer (ES: Pez/Huly)
? Case of Beer (ES: skinslove<3)
? Beer (FB: James Hackley)
? Beer (FB: Clayton Proctor)
? Beer (FB: Albert Hailskins Halty)
? Sweet Tea (ES: Skinsfan1311)
1 Case of Soda (ES: wredskin)
1 Case of Soda (ES: Pez/Huly)
? Soda (FB: Biggs Marley)
2 Cases of Water (ES: Pez/Huly)
1 Case of Water (HR: hail2skins)
? Water (FB: Carlton Bubba Skins Ray)
? Water (FB: Clayton Proctor)
? Water (ES: redskinsfanatical)

SUPPLY LIST ==========

1 Flagpole w/Flags (ES: Pez/Huly)
1 Flagpole w/Flags (ES: skinsfan44)
1 Cornhole Set (BGO: tshile)
1 Cornhole Set (FB: Rob Delatos)
1 Beer Pong Table w/Supplies (ES: skinslove<3)
1 Beer Pong Table w/Supplies (FB: Rob Delatos)
1 Canopy (ES: Pez/Huly)
1 Canopy (BGO: tshile)
1 Canopy (ES: redskinsfanatical)
2 Tables (ES: Pez/Huly)
1 Table (HR: hail2skins)
1 Table (ES: Skinsfan1311)
1 Table (BGO: tshile)
1 Table (ES: redskinsfanatical)
1 Table (ES: skinsfan44)
1 Generator - 2500 Watt / 3250 Watt Peak + Gas Can(ES: MarkB452)
2 300 Watt Battery Power Packs - including air compressor to inflate footballs, etc (ES: MarkB452)
1 Caja China Roasting Box (ES: Pez/Huly)
1 Charcoal Grill w/Charcoal (ES: Skinsfan1311)
1 Charcoal Grill (ES: Tastes Like Chicken)
1 Charcoal Grill (BGO: tshile)
1 Grill (FB: Rob Delatos)
1 Camp Stove w/Table (ES: Skinsfan1311)
6 Chairs (ES: skinsfan44)
3 Chairs (ES: Tastes Like Chicken)
3 Chairs (ES: Skinsfan1311)
2 Chairs (ES: redskinsfanatical)
2 Chairs (ES: Pez/Huly)
2 Chairs (ES: MarkB452)
2 Stools (ES: MarkB452)
2 Coolers w/Ice (ES: skinsfan44)
2 Coolers w/Ice (ES: Pez/Huly)
1 Cooler w/Ice (ES: redskinsfanatical)
? Cups (ES: skinsfan44)
? Cups (FB: Biggs Marley)
? Cups (FB: TracyLee Skins Allen)
1 Big Box of Plasticware (ES: redskinsfanatical)
? Plasticware (FB: TracyLee Skins Allen)
1 Bag of Plastic Forks (ES: MarkB452)
? Paper Plates (FB: TracyLee Skins Allen)
2 Rolls of Paper Towels (ES: MarkB452)
? Trashbags (FB: TracyLee Skins Allen)

--------------------

NEEDED ITEMS ==========

Drinks:
- Beer
- Soda
- Water
- Items for The Bar (Tastes Like Chicken & Ben will request needs)

Food:
- Hamburgers w/Buns
- Hot Dogs w/Buns
- Sausages, Brats, etc w/Buns
- Grilled chicken/steak/etc
- Other Protein items (Shrimp/pork/beef/chicken/etc... surprise us!)
- Side items (pasta salad, macaroni salad, veggie tray, etc)
- Desserts (cookies, brownies, pies, cakes)
- Condiments (ketchup, mustard, onions, tomatoes, lettuce, etc)
- Dips, salsa, etc

Supplies:
- Grills
- Canopy/Tents
- Tables
- Games (beer pong/cornhole/lasso golf/etc)
- Coolers with Ice
- Plastic Cups
- Plasticware (forks/knives/spoons)
- Paper Plates
- Napkins/Paper Towels
- Radios/Boomboxes/TV's

Last edited:
I'll say this...when I met you 2 in Canton you threw one hell of a tailgate.

Thank you sir... for Huly and I, it is all about bringing lots of folks together and having a good time. That is all that matters.

Sounds like a great plan, pez. BGO has no beef with any site so you may feel free to post the details here for the Draft Day Tailgate. My only regret is that I don't live close enough to come join you.

how does this tailgate work? do you tailgate prior to the team letting everyone in the stadium, or do you hang out through the draft in the parking lot?

to anyone considering going - I've been to a few tailgates pez and huly run and they're always top notch. good people, all the way around. good food as well.

Wish I could! I'll be in hill country Texas that weekend.

Ain't party like a Huly and Pez party cause a Huly and Pez party don't stop!
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

how does this tailgate work? do you tailgate prior to the team letting everyone in the stadium, or do you hang out through the draft in the parking lot?

to anyone considering going - I've been to a few tailgates pez and huly run and they're always top notch. good people, all the way around. good food as well.

It happens on Sat when Redskins hold their Draft day party at Fedex.

We start at dawn (a group of us have a ritual of shots at dawn) and go till dusk. We create a canopy city and have folks cooking, eating drinking all day... Also we have a live band (Sons of the Radio) who plays at our DDP Tailgate... they are damn good, the Redskins now even hire them for gigs in the stadium.

This is always our most popular tailgate of the year, as there is no stress to run around like a madman like gamedays.

I will edit the OP with all the information

Can you please stop through Orlando?

:)

Get out of here with your "lets get together and have a good time" agenda. No need for that crap here. :instigate:

We have what is known as virtual tailgates at BGO, but it would be cool to combine it with the DDP gathering at FedEx in some way.

Wish I could be there. Have fun.

setup Skype with a laptop. there's LTE access at fedex now so there's no reason it can't be done.

Pez, are you guys doing it under the Solar Panels again this year? I will prolly be working but might be able to sneak down for a little while in the afternoon. It might be a good time for my boy to attend his first Tailgate...

Pez, are you guys doing it under the Solar Panels again this year? I will prolly be working but might be able to sneak down for a little while in the afternoon. It might be a good time for my boy to attend his first Tailgate...

Yes.. we may be a few rows further back, because it looks like the skins have added more solar overhangs.

We like to be half under & half out if the weather is nice!

I have gotten confirmation that Sons of the Radio will once again be playing our Draft Day Party Tailgate!

Woohoo!

As I posted in the Bourbon thread, I'll be there with the Top Shelf Bourbon bar for any of you that want to Try a sip.

Bob will be depending on you to make sure the Pig Chef is well lubricated!

Is it wrong to cook a Hog at the DDP?

[media]
413973_3869160253393_1116846876_o_zpsb8dbcc9e.jpg
[/media]

Is it wrong to cook a Hog at the DDP?

[media]
413973_3869160253393_1116846876_o_zpsb8dbcc9e.jpg
[/media]

LOL.. almost forgot about that... depending upon the size of the pig I get in, I may have to do that again if it is a big boy!

sounds like fun! Wish I lived close enough to attend, there are a lots of people I would really love to meet in person.

sounds like fun! Wish I lived close enough to attend, there are a lots of people I would really love to meet in person.

It is the perfect opportunity! On a Sat... no rushing around like a regular tailgate. You have all day to eat, drink, listen to good tunes and be merry!

It is the perfect opportunity! On a Sat... no rushing around like a regular tailgate. You have all day to eat, drink, listen to good tunes and be merry!

I've only been able to attend one TG hosted by folks from a Skins site. It was the one in Charlotte two seasons ago and it was a really fun experience. My problem is the distance and the need to take some vacation time to get to this one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.