• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Draft 2011 Comparisons - Continuing/Ongoing

Burgundy Burner

The Commissioner
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score
Alma Mater
Virginia
Redskins

Ryan Kerrigan

Leonard Hankerson

Roy Helu

Dejon Gomes

Aldrick Robinson

Maurice Hurt

Jaguars

Blaine Gabbert

This thread will be used to compare specific draft choices from 2011. The Redskins passed on a chance to take QB Blaine Gabbert. As a result, they were able to pick Ryan Kerrigan and add five additional players by continuously trading down with that one extra pick (49th in the 2nd round). It netted six players overall - five more from that 49th choice.

From time to time, comparisons between Gabbert and the six players will be made - especially after each game during the season. Feel free to add stats, opinions, facts, and fun stuff to the thread.

Last edited:
I've got nothing to add in the way of stats yet, but I like the idea behind this thread.

I am referring to this thread again. The first two posts will explain it clearly.

Earlier tonight, Blaine Gabbert played in his team's opener and the Redskins will kick off their preseason on Friday nignt.

Although it is preseason, we will look at some comparisons later this weekend.

A short write-up from Rotoworld about Gabbert:

Blaine Gabbert completed 9-of-16 passes for 85 yards against the Patriots in Thursday's preseason opener.

Gabbert certainly looks the part of a franchise QB, with plenty of arm to go with ideal size and mobility. He was the victim of several drops and iffy pass protection, but was also guilty of holding onto the ball too long. The play-calling had Gabbert often hitting his first read, and he didn't get a chance to roll through progressions as an NFL starter would. All in all, a nice debut, but the 10th overall pick isn't ready to take over the offense.

Thanks for posting Gabbert's stats.

Here are the stats for Redskins rookies (that were part of the aforementioned trade).

Ryan Kerrigan - 3 tackles, one for a loss, one hit on the QB.

Leonard Hankerson - A poor game with the dropsies.

Roy Helu - 8 carries for 28 yards, one for a gain of 18. One catch for 10 yards.

Dejon Gomes - One tackle for a 3 yard loss. One sack for a 15 yard loss.

Aldrick Robinson - Two muffed punts.

Maurice Hurt - Decent outing, but was pushed back a couple of times.

Two rookies who stood out, two rookies who had an ok first game, and two who struggled. In comparison to Gabbert, not too shabby. On to preseason game number two.

This thread will be used to compare specific draft choices from 2011. The Redskins passed on a chance to take QB Blaine Gabbert. As a result, they were able to pick Ryan Kerrigan and add five additional players by continuously trading down with that one extra pick (49th in the 2nd round). It netted six players overall - five more from that 49th choice.

From time to time, comparisons between Gabbert and the six players will be made - especially after each game during the season. Feel free to add stats, opinions, facts, and fun stuff to the thread.

nice idea...but what if Gabbert is the only one in the NFL 10 yrs from now?

Thanks for posting Gabbert's stats.

Here are the stats for Redskins rookies (that were part of the aforementioned trade).

Ryan Kerrigan - 3 tackles, one for a loss, one hit on the QB.

Leonard Hankerson - A poor game with the dropsies.

Roy Helu - 8 carries for 28 yards, one for a gain of 18. One catch for 10 yards.

Dejon Gomes - One tackle for a 3 yard loss. One sack for a 15 yard loss.

Aldrick Robinson - Two muffed punts.

Maurice Hurt - Decent outing, but was pushed back a couple of times.

Two rookies who stood out, two rookies who had an ok first game, and two who struggled. In comparison to Gabbert, not too shabby. On to preseason game number two.

You missed Royster who also had a nice game.

You missed Royster who also had a nice game.

He was not part of the trade. Only those who were a part of that initial trade and the additional picks that came directly from that trade are part of this comparison.

My feeling is there won't really be those comparisons made outside of Washington.

Every year you have deals in the first round where picks are swapped. Some of those swaps from a few years ago I hardly remember, although at the time they were 'big' news during the April draft commentaries.

The Redskins deal with Jacksonville won't garner the same kind of interest the Eli Manning/Philip Rivers sequence had for the Giants and Chargers years back.

Gabbert came out with none of the star appeal of Manning. And the Redskins drafted a player in Kerrigan that is a low-key, blue collar performer.

Not a lot to garner national attention.

Although, I think the trade was a good one for Washington as this team lacked depth across the board and didn't need one single player but a whole set of players coming out of the 2011 draft to put this team back on course to respectability.

He was not part of the trade. Only those who were a part of that initial trade and the additional picks that came directly from that trade are part of this comparison.

Ah, sorry about that. Was thinking this was a trade looking at how our rooks were doing.

At the moment, I'm very pleased with how our class is doing. The many may be better than the one... to paraphrase Spock.

I dunno, it might be fair to include Royster. If we don't make the trade, maybe they choose one of the other 7th rounders over him and he doesn't get drafted?

Here are the comparisons after week one:

Redskins

Ryan Kerrigan - One tackle, four assists, one interception returned for TD.

Leonard Hankerson - On inactive list.

Roy Helu - One carry for two yards.

Dejon Gomes - Produced no stats.

Aldrick Robinson - On practice squad.

Maurice Hurt - On practice squad.

Jaguars

Blaine Gabbert - Did Not Play.

Didn't realize Hank was inactive. With the way our WRs looked today, may be hard for him to get playing time.

Damn. I must have been asleep half the game. Didn't notice that either. Sheesh. I saw Paul, was Austin active?

Austin was active.

Inactives were OT Willie Smith, WR Donte Stallworth, S LaRon Landry, FB Mike Sellers
LB Markus White, WR Leonard Hankerson and DE Darrion Scott.

Last edited:
Here are the comparisons after week two:

Redskins

Ryan Kerrigan - Today: Two tackles, one sack, one pass deflected.
Season: Three tackles, four assists, one interception returned for TD, one pass deflected.

Leonard Hankerson - Today: On inactive list.
Season: Has produced no stats for 2011.

Roy Helu - Today: Ten carries for 74 yds., three catches for 38 yds.
Season: Eleven carries for 76 yds, three catches for 38 yds.

Dejon Gomes - Today: One tackle
Season: One tackle

Aldrick Robinson - On practice squad.

Maurice Hurt - On practice squad.

Jaguars

Blaine Gabbert - Today: 5-6 for 52 yds. One sack for -10 yds.
Season: 5-6 for 52 yds. One sack for -10 yds.

So far we have the better of that trade

note: For Kerrigan, you have his sack for today but not for the season.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.