• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Donovan McNabb Update Thread

Leslie Frazier said he won't replace Donovan McNabb with rookie Christian Ponder, but the team will look to help the veteran quarterback with "mechanical issues" that might be contributing to McNabb short-hopping the ball on some passes. Really? McNabb has been short-hopping a few passes for about 12 or 13 years now in the NFL, so I don't think a late-career fix is going to be found. Just ask any Eagles fan about McNabb drilling a few worms over the years. They'll tell you.

Just for fun.....some QB's of local interest. :cool:

Attachments

• QB ratings 9-28.png
    QB ratings 9-28.png
    58.8 KB · Views: 125
Looks like shanny gets a little redepmtion for benching his dumb ass

Conceited, lazy, selfish.

That is Donovan McTrash.

Yeh. When everyone was jumping on MShan after the benching I was totally surprised. It seemed obvious to me what he was doing & I said as much then.

But the press kept pushing the hot button topic regardless of how much BS it was.

I'm not exactly wishing failure upon Chunky nor Campbell Soup, but I certainly appreciate feeling of vindication when they perform poorly.

We were watching PTI on Monday, and McNabb came up. Kornheiser said he thought McNabb had lost it, and Wilbon STILL wouldn't say anything negative about him. It was comical. My wife even noticed and commented on it.

The media will keep making excuses for DMac for a while, methinks.

Sez who? We're a message board, remember? :)

With veteran quarterback Donavan McNabb not playing well and the offense looking extremely predictable, the Vikings turn to rookie quarterback Christian Ponder. Now the Vikings need a new plan, as they try to develop their young quarterback.

Some might say that plan was bad from the start -- and I would agree. Signing McNabb after his horrible year in Washington, ignoring the horror stories about his lack of preparation for the game, was their first mistake. (Do you really want a young rookie to be tutored and mentored by a player who is not fully committed to preparation?) McNabb is at a point in his career that he does not seem to want to put in the time, willing to show up late for meetings and practice, and expects to just play well. He failed to really grasp the offense in Minnesota (as he did in Washington), having trouble spitting the plays out quickly -- which meant the play sheet on his arm got bigger and bigger. It did not take long before McNabb's lack of commitment was seen by the older players, causing them to understand that a move had to be made. One thing I have learned over my 20 years in the league is you can't fool the players, especially ones who have seen what it takes to be successful.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000...rn-to-rookie-ponder?campaign=Twitter_features

Donovan McNabb stood alone on the sideline Sunday, hands on his hips, a headset in his ear. For the second year in a row, one of the most talented quarterbacks in a generation again was a backup, this time replaced by an unproven rookie for the punchless Minnesota Vikings.

Replacing McNabb was Christian Ponder, representing all the talent and potential that, 13 years ago, McNabb showed when he entered the NFL. And under center for the Green Bay Packers was Aaron Rodgers: the Super Bowl winner, the top quarterback in the league, the universally respected team leader, the epitome of what McNabb wanted to become but never did.

When Ponder tossed a 72-yard pass on his first play Sunday and capped it with a 2-yard TD on his second pass, there stood McNabb, clapping politely, saying words of encouragement yet not breaking a sweat, an odd final chapter for a career that could go down as one of the most enigmatic, bizarre and difficult-to-define in NFL history.

McNabb’s career can be summed up by the 2011 Vikings: full of talent and promise, always falling just short, eventually leaving fans wanting much more. That’s McNabb. That was the Minnesota Vikings on Sunday, bolting to a seven-point, first-half lead over the defending Super Bowl champions and then wilting in the second half of a 33-27 loss.

Yet in the days before McNabb again became a second-stringer, there was something else — a tweet, in fact — that said as much as anything about the current sorry state of McNabb’s once-electrifying career.

McNabb had been acquired as a veteran placeholder for the young rookie. But Vikings fans had expected more. And so as the Vikings headed to another loss a week ago, the rookie made his debut, and Warren Sapp, the former Pro Bowl defensive tackle, noticed something: The rookie knew the offense better than the 13-year veteran.

“Did Anybody Else Notice That Christian Ponder (Rookie) Entered The Game Ran The Offense And Didn’t Have a Wristband!!,” Sapp tweeted. “#DamnShameMcNabb.”

Damn shame.

http://www.foxsportsnorth.com/10/24...ing_mnvikings.html?blockID=588530&feedID=5930

Schefter reporting McNabb is going to be released by the Vikings before the end of the season. LOLz.

It's gotta say something about you when the team from your home town who needs a QB decides to go with Josh McCown.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.